Neo Geo AES replacement controller chord wiring?

CloudGamerX

Kula's Candy
http://pages.ebay.com/link/?nav=item.view&id=111916564484&alt=web

So, I have been looking into building my dad some custom arcade controllers for his CMVS I am making him, and I stumbled upon this item on ebay. From the looks of it, it is a replacement chord for the Neo Geo AES controller. I plan on buying a couple, but I don't know much about the color wiring. Does anyone know what each colored wire goes to in terms of controller inputs? Any help is greatly appreciated!

Xian Xi

JammaNationX,
15 Year Member
Never go by color. Use a multimeter and female DB15 socket to see what is what when compared to the controller pinout.

CloudGamerX

Kula's Candy
Never go by color. Use a multimeter and female DB15 socket to see what is what when compared to the controller pinout.

I was hoping that someone already had a chart for this particular thing, but that works too. Thanks Xian Xi, also thanks for shipping out the JNX Stryder board I ordered recently :)

Metlcub

n00b
Also if I remember, the Atari 5200 used the same 15pin cable, they just had the their controller wired differently of course, but you should be able to sac and atari 5200 controller to repair a aes controller.

Niko

Whip's Subordinate
I've bought a few sets of these and they are decent quality but the colors did vary slightly. Mainly with like colors, but still enough to where you should still use a multimeter.

CloudGamerX

Kula's Candy
Ah okay. I plan on buying three of them (two for homemade arcade sticks and one for a defective Sega Saturn controller)