Neo Geo AES buying , are all able to be RGB fixed ?

s8n187

Quiz Detective
hi members , i am looking to buy 3 AES's before the end of year i currently have 1 atm. What concerns me are all models ( 3-1 , 3-2 etc... ) able to be RGB fixed to get better video from them , i'm only interested in RGB Scart btw.

If all are modifiable i will freely grab whatever is on offer and work on them after purchase. If some models need to be avoided let me know so i can ask the seller what model it is before purchase.

I read on Jamma X's website the below , it seems all can be RGB fixed but i just want to be sure before purchasing.

Ratings are for out of the box RGB not fixed RGB.

1st Version (~3-1)
Rating - B

RGB Fix - Replace 100uf caps with 470uf value (10v is best fit). You do not need to replace the 68ohm
resistors with 75ohm since they aren't 1% resistors but you can replace them for good measure.

1st Revision (~3-2) w/daughterboard
Rating - B

RGB Fix - Same as 3-1.

2nd Revision (3-3)
Rating - C

RGB Fix - Replace 100uf caps with 470uf value (10v is best fit)*, The 3-3 has a low output RGB. If you plan
to mount an internal encoder for Component video, you will need to perform an RGB bypass if you plan to use
the RGB output from the AV socket, if not the RGB picture will be extremely dim.

3rd Revision (3-4)
Rating - C

RGB Fix - Same as 3-3.

4th Revision (3-5)*
Rating - A (Non-Checkerboard) B (Checkerboard)

RGB Fix - Board version 3-5 is an odd one. There is a known checkerboard problem via RGB BUT not all
3-5 consoles suffer from the checkerboard pattern. If yours has the checkerboard pattern then an RGB bypass
is needed.

5th Revision (3-6)*
Rating - B-

RGB Fix - Board version 3-6 suffers from vertical lines in picture. This is caused by the RGB lines running
under the clock. A simple cutting of the 3 extra traces fixes the problem. If not for the vertical line
problem, the 3-6 would have an A rating for it's RGB.

*Revision 3-5 and 3-6 are the two revisions where composite video is on both Pin 3 and 7 of the AV socket
whereas 3-1 to 3-4 have composite video on Pin 3 and Composite Sync on Pin 7.