Neo Diagnostics ROMs

Misos

New Challenger
I have a MV1FZ and I'm getting the following error: YM2610 TIMER TIMING (FLAG).
It has no sound aside from a loud static buzz sound.
I tried swapping the ym2610 with another one but the error and the problem persist.

ack

Ninja Combat Warrior
15 Year Member
I have a MV1FZ and I'm getting the following error: YM2610 TIMER TIMING (FLAG).
It has no sound aside from a loud static buzz sound.
I tried swapping the ym2610 with another one but the error and the problem persist.
I would check that connectivity between the Z80 and YM2610 as well as the clock going into the YM2610

In the lower left of the pinout, SDD1 to SDD8 should connect to the data pins of the Z80. Then if you follow the dotted line to the top left, those 6 pins. I believe A0-A1 and IRQ should go to directly to the Z80, while the remaining should go to the NEO-D0 right below the Z80.

For what the error means. The YM2610 has timers you can setup. When a timer is up you can have it generate an IRQ or set a flag in one of the registers. The test setups a timer for the flag method, then waits a little while and checks if the flag is set. If the flag is not set then it will generate the error you are getting.

philjay

n00b
Hi, a question. I need to do a diagnostic cart for an AES. I have a converter MVS/AES can i use a MVS cart with the converter to test the Z80 in a AES system instead of a regular AES cart?

Neo Alec

Ned's Ninja Academy Dropout
20 Year Member
Hi, a question. I need to do a diagnostic cart for an AES. I have a converter MVS/AES can i use a MVS cart with the converter to test the Z80 in a AES system instead of a regular AES cart?
Yep! I've done that myself.