Need some advice on potential banner restoration project

Rasubosu

Crazed MVS Addict
Some of you may have seen but the gentleman who sold that Hyper 64 proto posted this giant banner not too long ago. I ended up with it and now I gotta figure out what to do with it.

For those not familiar with our esteemed Awbacon's find you can watch his videos or read this article.

awbacon's cool vid

Eurogamer Article

Basically this banner was in the same pallet that the prototype was found from and while the prototype was in good shape overall this banner has seen better days.

It's a giant banner, about 6.5 feet by 3 feet and it was speculated (and confirmed) to have been used at a trade show like CES 1994 by a couple of sources (thanks Sparkster and Digmac!). It's some weird material, it's not like a normal vinyl banner as it is some poster paper type inside of 2 clear laminate layers. The problem is that moisture seeped in through the sides and that has made the ink run and fade in a lot of places as well as got some dirt inside.

I can clean the outside and get the exterior dirt off but I'm wondering if anyone has recommendations or knows any professional poster restoration people who might be able to offer advice or services. Worst case I can keep the poster as is and just hang it up in it's current condition but it would be really cool to get it cleaned up under the laminates somehow and if possible get color added back like some of those vintage poster restores. I'm thinking it could just be a lost cause and I'll just have to keep it as is after cleaning the outside dirt but just figured I'd ask around just in case.

Any and all advice is much appreciated.

neo poster 1.jpgneo poster 3.jpgneo poster 4.jpgneo poster 5.jpgneo poster 6.jpgneo poster 7.jpgneo poster 8.jpgneo poster 9.jpgneo poster 10.jpg

Attachments

• Neo poster 2.jpg
    Neo poster 2.jpg
    115.5 KB · Views: 2

Digmac

Leona's Therapist
This is such a cool find, and while I don’t know what avenue would be the best when it comes to restoring this, I genuinely hope something can work out.

For those who haven’t seen it, here’s a picture of Billy Pitt in front of it back in the day, when it was seeing better days. Lol

5BD21509-3D15-4F37-9C44-22C8AD43DD18.jpeg

Rasubosu

Crazed MVS Addict
This is such a cool find, and while I don’t know what avenue would be the best when it comes to restoring this, I genuinely hope something can work out.

For those who haven’t seen it, here’s a picture of Billy Pitt in front of it back in the day, when it was seeing better days. Lol

View attachment 46748
I really wish I had that samsho one too. Do you know when Dion sold his?

Digmac

Leona's Therapist
I really wish I had that samsho one too. Do you know when Dion sold his?
I don’t know actually. I need to look through the pictures I have from the old NGF website, but they they had it at a gaming show sometime between 2001-03 IIRC.