Need help identifying stick

Nico87

Kuroko's Training Dummy
Hi all. I went through my old cupboard at my mom's house the other day and found a NG stick. All I can remember is that I bought it from a user on here who modded them. The purchase was made about 10 years ago and I used it with my consolized MVS. Looking to sell it no but I can't remember which parts were used.

Many thanks in advance

77-F25-E6-A-8712-466-B-8-FB5-7-D93227-F8-A45.jpg

Digmac

Leona's Therapist
That’s just a normal arcade stick that was bundled with and sold separately for Neo Geo AES consoles. The original buttons were replaced and it looks like it has a stick replacement as well, or someone painted the joystick shaft/put a sleeve around it. It’s nothing rare or special, but it carries a good value in the current market.

Nico87

Kuroko's Training Dummy
That’s just a normal arcade stick that was bundled with and sold separately for Neo Geo AES consoles. The original buttons were replaced and it looks like it has a stick replacement as well, or someone painted the joystick shaft/put a sleeve around it. It’s nothing rare or special, but it carries a good value in the current market.
Yes, you're right, the stick and the buttons are definitely replaced with Sanwa and/or Seimitsu. Looking to sell this on here but would probably not be the most inviting listing when I can't remember what brand the replacement parts are!

Digmac

Leona's Therapist
Yes, you're right, the stick and the buttons are definitely replaced with Sanwa and/or Seimitsu. Looking to sell this on here but would probably not be the most inviting listing when I can't remember what brand the replacement parts are!
If you open it up by removing the screws on the bottom and take a picture of what’s inside, I can probably tell you what it’s running in terms of the stick/buttons.

Nico87

Kuroko's Training Dummy
If you open it up by removing the screws on the bottom and take a picture of what’s inside, I can probably tell you what it’s running in terms of the stick/buttons.
The rubber feet won't come off even with force. I'm pretty sure they're not the original feet after comparing pictures of an untouched AES stick - these are taller. I'm fairly sure it's a Seimitsu stick with Sanwa buttons, but eh. What would you say would be a fair price for this one given my limited knowledge?

Nico87

Kuroko's Training Dummy
Heh, just found this from one of my old sales threads

"Neo 29 Old Style Stick 24mm Seimitsu buttons (modified by Xian Xi at neo-geo.com)"

Last edited:

Digmac

Leona's Therapist
The rubber feet won't come off even with force. I'm pretty sure they're not the original feet after comparing pictures of an untouched AES stick - these are taller. I'm fairly sure it's a Seimitsu stick with Sanwa buttons, but eh. What would you say would be a fair price for this one given my limited knowledge?
If you’d like to get a price, post your question in the “What’s it worth?” thread in the marketplace.

Heinz

Parteizeit
15 Year Member
Skipping along a fine line there Nico87.

SignOfGoob

Butthurt Enthusiast
20 Year Member
Heh, just found this from one of my old sales threads

"Neo 29 Old Style Stick 24mm Seimitsu buttons (modified by Xian Xi at neo-geo.com)"
I thought I recognized it!

To me it’s worth like $90+, probably double on eBay.