Need help Identifying Garou MotW Towel

Vectorman0

SouthTown StreetSweeper
20 Year Member
I bought this Garou Towel off Ebay a long time ago. Does anyone recognize this and know its origin? I'm wondering if this is licensed and if so, how it was distributed or where it was sold.

Last edited:

traveno

Rugal's Thug
Are you selling? I'm only interested if you've used it. Preliminary google searches bring up nothing.

Bratwurst

Rugal's Thug
Are you selling? I'm only interested if you've used it. Preliminary google searches bring up nothing.
I know for a fact that Vectorman flossed his cheeks with that thing. I regret loaning him a shirt of mine, came back looking like he tie-dyed it with mustard.

BlackaneseNiNjA

The Fatal Fury Disciple
15 Year Member
I bought this Garou Towel off Ebay a long time ago. Does anyone recognize this and know its origin? I'm wondering if this is licensed and if so, how it was distributed or where it was sold.

Interesting. Since Garou MotW was such a late title with respect to the original SNK company (right before the bankruptcy and the subsequent Playmore era), originally there really was not much merchandise initially created for it compared to the previous KOF and Garou Densetsu IP’s. For Garou MotW, there was the initial drinking mug set, official posters, and of course, the usual character statues and figures (both resin and pvc).

In recent years, the current SNK has been selling all manner of printed merchandise including towels like this. However, during all three SNK company eras there has always been a white and blue official merchandise tag/printing that read: “The Future is Now SNK”, “Official Merchandise SNK Playmore”, “SNK Corporation all rights reserved”, etc, etc.

Both the SNK Playmore and current SNK eras saw Fatal Fury related towel products produced, but they were always branded/copyright marked appropriately.

Though I’ve never seen this towel before, the fact that an official tag appears to be missing along with the “SNK Corporation all rights reserved” marking is a little odd if this was official.

Of course, there has been a swell of both official (especially from last year’s Neo Geo Land character themed pop-up shops) and unofficial SNK/Neo Geo branded merchandise on sites like etsy, redbubble, ebay, amazon, aliexpress, etc. so I can definitely understand why you’d want to check it out.

Last edited:

Vectorman0

SouthTown StreetSweeper
20 Year Member
Interesting.
Since Garou MotW was such a late title with respect to the original SNK company (right before the bankruptcy and the subsequent Playmore era), originally there really was not much merchandise initially created for it compared to the previous KOF and Garou Densetsu IP’s. For Garou MotW, there was the initial drinking mug set, official posters, and of course, the usual character statues and figures (both resin and pvc).

In recent years, the current SNK has been selling all manner of printed merchandise including towels like this. However, during all three SNK company eras there has always been a white and blue official merchandise tag or printing that reads: “The Future is Now SNK”, “Official Merchandise SNK Playmore”, “SNK Corporation all rights reserved”, etc, etc.

Both the SNK Playmore and current SNK eras saw Fatal Fury related towel products produced, but they were always branded/copyright marked appropriately.

Though I’ve never seen this towel before, the fact that an official tag appears to be missing is a little odd if this was official.

Of course, there has been a swell of unofficial SNK/Neo Geo branded merchandise on sites like etsy, redbubble, ebay, amazon, aliexpress, etc. so I can definitely understand why you’d want to check it out.
If I had bought this recently, I would have assumed it was bootleg. Since I bought it in 2010 when the market was much smaller I figured it might be some kind of official promo item or something like that, especially considering the SNK logo was left on and the Japanese tag mentions an inspection association (though that could be fake).

BlackaneseNiNjA

The Fatal Fury Disciple
15 Year Member
If I had bought this recently, I would have assumed it was bootleg. Since I bought it in 2010 when the market was much smaller I figured it might be some kind of official promo item or something like that, especially considering the SNK logo was left on and the Japanese tag mentions an inspection association (though that could be fake).
Hey whats up Vectorman0. Anything is possible, it’s just strange that both a tag and the usual accompanying “SNK Corporation all rights reserved” mark is completely missing from this item (usually printed on the bottom right of the towels/right side).

traveno

Rugal's Thug
I know for a fact that Vectorman flossed his cheeks with that thing. I regret loaning him a shirt of mine, came back looking like he tie-dyed it with mustard.
Oh fuck yeah. Tell me.. did you scratch-n-sniff?

Vectorman0

SouthTown StreetSweeper
20 Year Member
Hey whats up Vectorman0. Anything is possible, it’s just strange that both a tag and the usual accompanying “SNK Corporation all rights reserved” mark is completely missing from this item (usually printed on the bottom right of the towels/right side).
I agree. I'll probably bump this a couple months from now and if nobody recognizes it I will assume it's unlicensed.

Heinz

Parteizeit
15 Year Member
$50 shipped, I've been looking for something to dry my balls with.