NCI will product Andro Dunos on Neo Geo CD

JacKc

Quiz Detective
Yeah Xian Xi, i've read about their "Crouching Poney, Hidden Dragon" future project to be release on Neo Geo..Regarding pictures it looks horrible and i think Le Cortex would do better to continue to develop their "We Sing" and "We Dance" games for Wii instead of, regarding to the work done on TotC, developing on Neo Geo.

Last edited:

amaradona

Kabuki Klasher
Warlock of fates is the property of mandarake and nci is trying to get it.
As far as i know the game is complete with music...
I guess nci is trying to get easy money from andros dunos cd and then offer good money to buy warlocks from mandarake.
Last offer refused by mandarake is 3 millions JPY.

SuperGun

Proto Hunter
20 Year Member
Warlock of fates is the property of mandarake and nci is trying to get it.
As far as i know the game is complete with music...
I guess nci is trying to get easy money from andros dunos cd and then offer good money to buy warlocks from mandarake.
Last offer refused by mandarake is 3 millions JPY.

Thank you for this information. Now I only have one question.
Can you provide me with whom I need to contact to make an offer?
Can you help me open a line of communication with them?

NG:DEV.TEAM

Marked Wolf
3 million yen is quite low. A lot more money is to make with this on AES. Especially with copy protected PCBs :mr_t:

Zellez

King's Dry Cleaner
Thank you for this information. Now I only have one question.
Can you provide me with whom I need to contact to make an offer?
Can you help me open a line of communication with them?

Although I like Billy, I would prefer if this was not going to happen. At least NCI will sell the game and make it available to those interested in purchasing it.
If it ends up in the hands of some collector, what we will ever see is just a few screenshot on a website.

JacKc

Quiz Detective
Although I like Billy, I would prefer if this was not going to happen. At least NCI will sell the game and make it available to those interested in purchasing it.
If it ends up in the hands of some collector, what we will ever see is just a few screenshot on a website.
Totally agreed...If this game will ends up in the hands of a collector, they are 100% chance no dump will be available and share with the community...

NeoSneth

Ned's Ninja Academy Dropout
20 Year Member
i dont see the point in this release.

SNKorSWM

So Many Posts
No Time
For Games.
10 Year Member
3 million yen is about how much each copy of the English AES version of AF3 went for. Obviously Mandarake is looking for something much higher in a proto.

amaradona

Kabuki Klasher
I am not living in Tokyo so it s difficult for me to follow a negociation with them.

I went to the shop several times last few months and made several offers but all refused.

At that point,i can say they wont sell it.

For mandarake this is not a release...it just here for creating the buzz and that s all....and it works since they are aware of the foreign exposure they get!

Billy you can still contact a tokyo member and ask him to negociate for you it will be easier.

aria

Former Moderator
I fail to see much to be excited about.

Maybe I should find out a way to port the Game Boy version of Mortal Kombat onto Neo Geo CD.

SNKorSWM

So Many Posts
No Time
For Games.
10 Year Member
Don't state something you're not certain of. No one knows how much AF3 went for exactly.

3 million yen is about how much each copy of the English AES version of AF3 went for. Obviously Mandarake is looking for something much higher in a proto.

That's why I put in an approximation term.

And of course the buyer and the seller knew how much it sold for exactly. Maybe those who write for kotaku, too.

distropia

SouthTown StreetSweeper
10 Year Member
(ノಠ益ಠ)ノ彡 ɐıɹɐ;3381596 said:
I fail to see much to be excited about.

Neither do I.

Too much fighting games on the neo. Maybe for collectors is great news, but for gamers waiting for another genres like pinball (LastOddysey nci don't own), quiz or varieties (QP) or shoot'em up (Lost Star), all of this add no originality to what we already know.

And nci releases b2b on cd? andro dunos on cd? another fighter? who cares.

Xian Xi

JammaNationX,
15 Year Member
Neither do I.

Too much fighting games on the neo. Maybe for collectors is great news, but for gamers waiting for another genres like pinball (LastOddysey nci don't own), quiz or varieties (QP) or shoot'em up (Lost Star), all of this add no originality to what we already know.

And nci releases b2b on cd? andro dunos on cd? another fighter? who cares.

With the Neo's sprite engine, one could make a seriously bad ass puzzle game and especially a sports game.

SNKorSWM

So Many Posts
No Time
For Games.
10 Year Member
Can you name some sports titles on the neo that are considered bad ass?

Kid Panda

The Chinese Kid
With the Neo's sprite engine, one could make a seriously bad ass puzzle game and especially a sports game.
I want a proper American Football game, cause I know Football Frenzy is a turd..

Can you name some sports titles on the neo that are considered bad ass?

Baseball Stars Professional 2, still one of the best baseball games ever made, cmon' you gotta admit at least that

Last edited:

CORY

a.k.a. Mother Teresa
Staff member
Windjammers, Baseball Stars 2, the Sidekicks series and Neo Turf Masta? Am I good?

Xian Xi

JammaNationX,
15 Year Member
Tecmo bowl 4 would rule.

;)

With the 4 Player adapter, W000000T!!

Damn, when I think about it if SNK made a football game in the Baseball Stars 2-esque style that would kick some serious ass.

Neo Alec

Ned's Ninja Academy Dropout
20 Year Member
Considering the popularity of American football outside of the country we're lucky there's any football game, honestly.

SNKorSWM

So Many Posts
No Time
For Games.
10 Year Member
I think I'm making a mistake by playing them in single player mode.