NBA season 21/22

evil wasabi

The Jongmaster
20 Year Member
Feel bad for Doumbouya. Got into it with people on the Wizards sub by arguing against Doumbouya in the draft, but he’s a solid kid. Okafor was okay for the Wiz, and wish him well, but let’s be real. Neither of these guys are getting minutes.

racecar

Strolheim Choir Member
20 Year Member
Boston agrees to send Kris Dunn, Carsen Edwards and 2026 pick swap to Memphis for Juancho Hernangomez

flippin it for 2 guards,

Isaiah Thomas, Lance Stephenson and Monta Ellis worked out with Dallas today...

Ajax

way more american than wyo, way more
15 Year Member
Yeah, same thought. The amount of influence these players have is immense, so this makes sense to me. I'm sure there will be a lot of salt over this though.

racecar

Strolheim Choir Member
20 Year Member
We are in the some interesting time when it come to athletes and their influence, social media. Great physical gifts, but brains on the other hand ... mind of a child.

evil wasabi

The Jongmaster
20 Year Member
MSNBC was showing Bradley Beal on their antivax athlete segment. Sad time to be a Wizards fan. Team should just trade him for picks right now.

jro

Gonna take a lot
20 Year Member
Beal's tanking his trade value pretty badly, not being able to play in New York or California certainly would make him less attractive to potential trade partners.

Plus his comments on why were near Kyrie Irving-level stupid.

racecar

Strolheim Choir Member
20 Year Member
The #76ers have placed today's $8,250,984 for Ben Simmons in an escrow account, and will subtract any future fines that accrue from that amount. If they suspend him (likely), Simmons stands to lose $227,613 per game missed for the first 20. $300,000 for each game thereafter.
playing hard ball , might feel it when the pay check dont show up in the bank account . Like any real job and have a little professionalism ....oh wait

evil wasabi

The Jongmaster
20 Year Member
Aha he’s an antivaxxer.
Typical Rich Paul shit. How the fuck did Lebron think it would be a good idea to make Rich the agent for the league.

racecar

Strolheim Choir Member
20 Year Member
Aha he’s an antivaxxer.
Typical Rich Paul shit. How the fuck did Lebron think it would be a good idea to make Rich the agent for the league.
Working together so they can control the outcome .... the bookie dream team

I guess the money matter more then personal pride ,when the team withhold his $8 million paid check . The no paid policy seem to work. Hope Kyrie get a year off with out paid .

Last edited:

Hattori Hanzo

AEShole
1 Year Member
Speaking of Kyrie:

Nets said:
Given the evolving nature of the situation and after thorough deliberation, we have decided Kyrie Irving will not play or practice with the team until he is eligible to be a full participant," Nets general manager Sean Marks said in the statement announcing the team's decision. "Kyrie has made a personal choice, and we respect his individual right to choose. Currently the choice restricts his ability to be a full-time member of the team, and we will not permit any member of our team to participate with part-time availability.

jro

Gonna take a lot
20 Year Member
Apparently Durant is so close with Kyrie that Marks is much more hesitant to trade him than he would be otherwise. Assuming both Irving and Simmons manage to not improve either of their situations though, seems kind of inevitable that sooner or later they're going to get traded for each other. Nets would get a nice fit with Durant and Harden, Sixers would get back the star-level player Morey insists on.

Fygee

Bewbs! Z'OMG, Teh BEWBS!,
20 Year Member
Shocking that the flat earther is also an anti-vaxxer.

Kyrie may be a great basketball player, but as a human he's trash.

jro

Gonna take a lot
20 Year Member
Simmons is also an antivaxxer, so that move is a non starter
No kidding, I guess that's not surprising given how odd he seems to be in general. Sounds like right now he's planning on going the Harden route though the other rumor I read is that he may claim to be hurt but want to play. Doc and Joel gonna be calling up Mayor Kenney and saying y'know, New York and California might be on to something with that whole deal...

Michael Porter Jr. also is refusing to be vaccinated, pretty much guarantee he's going to miss time at some point given how strict the rules are this season. Guy talks about stepping up as a leader with Murray out but also is fine with potentially screwing the rest of the team over. He's a transcendent shooter but also seems to still generally be a dumbass.

2Heed

Big Bang Pro Wrestler
20 Year Member
Is he really great?

Kyrie's great at dribbling and shooting but terrible at damn near everything else. With his ability to break down defenses you'd think he'd be able to get opposing teams in foul trouble in short order, but the problem is he prefers low-percentage trick shots near the rim to drawing contact. For as many points as he scores he gives them right back at the defensive end, and dribbles the air out of the ball instead of facilitating the offense.

His leadership is absolute gutter-trash putrid. I'm a lifelong Celtics fan and he was the worst leader I've ever seen of any sport. Constantly threw teammates under the bus, mailed in playoff performances, lied to the fanbase, clashed with the media, and came off as the most pretentious contrarian doofus the whole time. I can't imagine even if he were to go to Philadelphia that someone like Joel Embiid would put up with his pseudo-woke BS for more than a quarter of the season.

evil wasabi

The Jongmaster
20 Year Member
Kyrie's great at dribbling and shooting but terrible at damn near everything else. With his ability to break down defenses you'd think he'd be able to get opposing teams in foul trouble in short order, but the problem is he prefers low-percentage trick shots near the rim to drawing contact. For as many points as he scores he gives them right back at the defensive end, and dribbles the air out of the ball instead of facilitating the offense.

His leadership is absolute gutter-trash putrid. I'm a lifelong Celtics fan and he was the worst leader I've ever seen of any sport. Constantly threw teammates under the bus, mailed in playoff performances, lied to the fanbase, clashed with the media, and came off as the most pretentious contrarian doofus the whole time. I can't imagine even if he were to go to Philadelphia that someone like Joel Embiid would put up with his pseudo-woke BS for more than a quarter of the season.
See this is what I was getting at. It’s like Kyrie only wanted to play point guard so he wouldn’t have to be a teammate to get a pass. I’ll always remember him as the guy Lebron yelled at. “You’re a point guard. You need to pass. If you have no assists, you’re not doing your job.” Or something like that.