nanao ms8-26su >> What is this connector for?

Arcade-TV

Tarma's Gun Polisher
I finally got a replacement monitor with a A63.. tube for my MVS cab. I'll swap the WG 25k7197 with a NANAO MS8-26SU. Everything is pretty straight forward and generally no big deal...
Except for one connector which I'm not sure what it's for. Please see the attached image: There's a connector right next to the AC-input, it has two Blue wires coming from it. Since I don't have the comfort of reviewing the cab it came from I need to know what this is used for.
I suspect it's a degauss-enabler, but I just dont know.
Can anybody tell me please what it is and where it connects to?
Thanks!!!

nanao_ms8-26su.jpg

arcade game

Galford's Armourer
10 Year Member
I finally got a replacement monitor with a A63.. tube for my MVS cab. I'll swap the WG 25k7197 with a NANAO MS8-26SU. Everything is pretty straight forward and generally no big deal...
Except for one connector which I'm not sure what it's for. Please see the attached image: There's a connector right next to the AC-input, it has two Blue wires coming from it. Since I don't have the comfort of reviewing the cab it came from I need to know what this is used for.
I suspect it's a degauss-enabler, but I just dont know.
Can anybody tell me please what it is and where it connects to?
Thanks!!!

View attachment 8880

That's the connector for the degauss ,and that chassis is usually found on
Aero city cab's and Sega dedicated virtual fighter cabinets

Arcade-TV

Tarma's Gun Polisher
That's what I thought, thanks for confirming!
So, where do these wires attach to?
I guess one is AC(live) and one is AC(neutral)...
What I'm confused about is the bridge-wire...

I just learned the monitor came from a Virtua Striker 1 dedicab.

degauss_connector.jpg

Arcade-TV

Tarma's Gun Polisher
I found this pic on the web...
The connection is completely different from mine.
:eek:

found_on_web.jpg

tolias3

n00b
Arcade-TV i have the same problem with you. Did you conect the degauss finally???? I need the wiring information from you if you know

Arcade-TV

Tarma's Gun Polisher
Actually i left the connection alone. The picture is awesome and no degauss needed.
If i ever want to degauss the screen i will have to find out how to connect it. I just didn't want to risk breaking it, because everything else works like a charm.
Any littlte info from someone with a nanao monitor in his mvs on degauss connection would be very much appreciated!
The Monitor can also be found in virtua striker 1 cabinets.

tolias3

n00b
Thanks for your quick reply friend, i appreciate that!!!!!!!Please let me ask how you connect the image from monitor with 6pin connector???? I want to connect this moinitor with PC via VGA. If you can give me any informations it will help me a lot!!!!!
eikona pins.jpg

Arcade-TV

Tarma's Gun Polisher
The pin that you've marked with a questionmark is for V sync. You won't need to connect that! The one before that pin reads "H . H/V" which means that you may provide either horizontal or composite (both h and v) sync.
Refer to what you want to connect it's either the sync-pin on the jamma connector for example or if you are wiring from vga it's either hsync or hsync+vsync combined.
If that doesn't help you should check that you produce a suitable 15kHz signal for the monitor or get something like a Jpac from ultimarc.com - that's the easiest way plus you get the benefit of being able to connect any other jamma-pcbs if you build your cab upon that standard!
hope this helps!

Last edited:

Arcade-TV

Tarma's Gun Polisher
no, i wanna keep my mvs as original as possible. I have a 4-slot board installed with the original mvs-harness.
but i have several other cabs, some of those with pc-hardware. I use soft15kHz or ultimarc's arcadeVGA in those.

tolias3

n00b
And one more that i forget......do i need Video Amp from ultimarc to increase the Volts from the VGA from 1volt to 5 volts????

Arcade-TV

Tarma's Gun Polisher
The amp is already integrated within the jpac. I suggest to buy one of these and make everything inside the cab jamma-compatible.

kenth333

n00b
I have the same bridged connector hooked up to the NanaoMS8-26SU in my Virtua Fighter cab. The wires are for the degauss button.

Arcade-TV

Tarma's Gun Polisher
Hey kenth33,
thanks, but that can't be all...
There's got to be a connection between the connector on the monitor and the switch that leads to a power source...
The Degauss Button just closes this connection.
Can you take a picture of your setup? Connector on the monitor chassis plus back of degauss-button would be great!
THANKS !!

tolias3

n00b
Well i actually understand the basics but just to be sure i want some more details.......

Can you be more detailed on the 5 pin connector and where the 2 cables goes (they goes to 110v supply or push button), like i upload in pictures ???
found_on_web.jpgdegauss_connector.jpgnanao_ms8-26su.jpg

And 1 more question if anybody knows........Do i need to ground the isolation transformer like in photo???
isolation transformer ebay.JPG

Thanks in advance

Last edited:

kenth333

n00b
Well i actually understand the basics but just to be sure i want some more details.......

Can you be more detailed on the 5 pin connector and where the 2 cables goes (they goes to 110v supply or push button), like i upload in pictures ???
View attachment 10877View attachment 10878View attachment 10879

And 1 more question if anybody knows........Do i need to ground the isolation transformer like in photo???
View attachment 10880

Thanks in advance

I'll have another look, but I'm pretty sure mine is connected exactly like in the pic with the blue wires. There is that bridged connection and the two other wires go to the degauss button.
I'll take a pic after work.

ebinsugewa

Rosa's Tag-Team Partner
10 Year Member
You can manually degauss a monitor with a degaussing coil. You can also do it to an extent with some other homemade methods but why not just spend the $15 or whatever for something that will improve your much more expensive monitor?

kenth333

n00b
Also looking at the schematic I'm pretty sure that's how it should be connected.
Capture.JPG

kenth333

n00b
Here are the pics of how it's connected in my cab.

2014-01-30-2191.jpg2014-01-30-2192.jpg2014-01-30-2193.jpg

The demag button is lowest on the panel. Then there's a connector where the cable continues in a different color to the monitor board.

Mr.Smiley

n00b
Sorry for bumping this old thread but I have a similar question/issue with my new Neo Geo 4 Slot cab.

The degauss seems not to work any more and I got some spots where the colors are off, probably due to moving the cabinet. Usually thought the monitor would self-degauss at startup but it seems that it doesnt work any more.
Wiring on my chassis is similar to the pictures above with the cable bridge and 2 wires. Both wires seem to be cut and wrapped around the monitor frame and secured via shrink tube.

In order to fix the manual degauss, can I just connect both wires with a switch? Any requirements to the switch itself? Have some spare micro switches.
What happens when I disconnect the whole plug from the chassis? Would it go back to auto degauss?

Thanks for your help!

Can PXL_20201209_121540298.jpg
PXL_20201209_121545725.jpg
PXL_20201209_121555158.jpg
PXL_20201209_121608855.jpg

Last edited: