NAM-1975

So this might be a stupid question since I'm relatively new to the NeoGeo scene, but why does it seem so much easier and a little cheaper for me to find NAM-1975 for AES and CD than MVS? I was under the impression that MVS games should be cheaper and more readily available than the copies fort AES and CD. Is NAM-1975 an anomaly, or the NeoGeo market more complicated than I'd been led to believe?

TheSegaDude

Astra Superstar
10 Year Member
So this might be a stupid question since I'm relatively new to the NeoGeo scene, but why does it seem so much easier and a little cheaper for me to find NAM-1975 for AES and CD than MVS? I was under the impression that MVS games should be cheaper and more readily available than the copies fort AES and CD. Is NAM-1975 an anomaly, or the NeoGeo market more complicated than I'd been led to believe?

This has been talked about in these forums before. For the most part MVS carts are cheaper than AES carts. But people have been noticing a few exceptions like NAM-1975 and Magician Lord have become more expensive in MVS format than AES.

Jibbajaba

Ralfredacc's Worst Nightmare
10 Year Member
Nam is a super common AES title. I'd have to think that Nam and Baseball Stars Pro probably have the highest production numbers of any AES carts, but my source on that is my own ass so take that with a grain of salt.

joecommando

Amusaka's Lacky
10 Year Member
correct me if I am wrong but I believe NAM was a pack in game for the AES Gold as well as Magician lord and Baseball Stars. Also Nam being an earlier title would make selling more copies easier cause there were not a lot of games out for the system yet.

pegboy

Armored Scrum Object
Nam 1945 AES is one of the most common AES games in existence. That being said, finding a copy that hasn't been defaced, I mean "censored", is still kind of difficult. There is an assload of NOS out there for this game (all marked unfortunately). Awesome game non the less.

Last edited:

lions3

Igniz's Servent
Nam 1945 AES is one of the most common AES games in existence. That being said, finding a copy that hasn't been defaced, I mean "censored", is still kind of difficult. There is an assload of NOS out there for this game (all marked unfortunately). Awesome game non the less.

Can you point me in the direction of some NAM NOS? When I recoup some of my funds I wouldn't mind owning this on AES too (one of my favs)

oliverclaude

General Morden's Aide
I don't see Nam1945 on neo master list. It must be unreleased title and super rare...............

Strikers 1945 is his favorite game, more so, I tend to believe it's burnt in his cortex. And by all means, I don't mean it pejoratively...

FilthyRear

Neo-Geo.com's, Top Rated Bully.,
15 Year Member
This has been talked about in these forums before. For the most part MVS carts are cheaper than AES carts. But people have been noticing a few exceptions like NAM-1975 and Magician Lord have become more expensive in MVS format than AES.

Thanks in no small part to collectards like you.

pegboy

Armored Scrum Object
Strikers 1945 is his favorite game, more so, I tend to believe it's burnt in his cortex. And by all means, I don't mean it pejoratively...

It's not my favorite game, it's my favorite shmup on the Neo-Geo. Strikers 1945 is probably the worst game in that particular series, parts 1-3 are all better.

madman

Blame madman, You Know You Want To.,
Lol at that price of a common as shit title. I remeber it being a $20 complete game.

Those are new copies, but yeah like everything else in the Neo universe the prices have gotten insane. Now is a bad time to get into any retro console.

Heinz

Parteizeit
15 Year Member
I was surprised to pay what I did for NAM-1975 MVS. Completely worth it though because I fucking love it.

LoneSage

A Broken Man
20 Year Member
I bought a loose MVS NAM for...maybe 50 shipped back in 2009 I think? What's it go for now?

geise

Mickey's Coach
Man wtf happened to this hobby.

Youtube, 20 somethings with no brain and new jobs looking to buy old games, older assholes taking advantage of it all inflating prices.

I think Turbo and Neo-Geo have been hit the worst. Pays to be an early adopter that's for sure. I still love new guys buying an AES only to find out they should've just got a supergun with mvs or CMVS. Then they get buyers remorse and sell it, or go the ridiculous AES MVS converter route. Then they come on here bitching how some games have issues.

Tron

Test
15 Year Member
Youtube, 20 somethings with no brain and new jobs looking to buy old games, older assholes taking advantage of it all inflating prices.

I think Turbo and Neo-Geo have been hit the worst. Pays to be an early adopter that's for sure. I still love new guys buying an AES only to find out they should've just got a supergun with mvs or CMVS. Then they get buyers remorse and sell it, or go the ridiculous AES MVS converter route. Then they come on here bitching how some games have issues.
Agreed far as what had happen to the market for older video games.The demand really needs to die out period ! When i bought a loose nam 1975 mvs years ago it only cost me $47.00.

Last edited:

snes_collector

NAM-75 Vet
10 Year Member
NOS copies seem to be drying up a little bit. Neo Store had a ton of copies a few years ago but those are now all gone too.