Nam-1975 high res poster?

Digmac

Leona's Therapist
Hey lachlan, I went ahead and ran that image through a program that uses AI to upscale images. I upscaled it to 4x the resolution of the original photo. Let me know if that's good enough for what you need, and if you want anything else upscaled. It can be hit or miss, but for images with lots of detail it seems to work well.

http://neo-archive.com/NAM1975.jpg

ChuChu Flamingo

We have purposely, trained him wrong, ...as a joke
10 Year Member
I don't think it did a good job on that example. If you zoom in everything has that watercolor effect like an emulator shader blurring stuff. The females face is where you lose a lot of that detail.

Digmac

Leona's Therapist
I don't think it did a good job on that example. If you zoom in everything has that watercolor effect like an emulator shader blurring stuff. The females face is where you lose a lot of that detail.

Did you look at or zoom in on the original? It's not perfect like having the original artwork scanned in an extremely high res, but it's better than what it was IMO.

ChuChu Flamingo

We have purposely, trained him wrong, ...as a joke
10 Year Member
I guess size does matter.The AI stuff can be good. Just stating the watercolor blurring effect is a little weird. I think the upscale did a good job everywhere else except this girls face. She looks like she is a demon from supernatural.

rzmIBMI.png

Doing the upscale AI stuff is low calories but effective if you want a nicer picture I get it. I think the best bet though would be to vectorize it.

On a related note maybe hursuit can do one for you? He has vectorized other posters before.

https://forum.arcadeotaku.com/viewtopic.php?f=36&t=39611&sid=24693ebe9fd7765c94a620c8afbef288

Last edited:

Heinz

Parteizeit
15 Year Member
Hey lachlan, I went ahead and ran that image through a program that uses AI to upscale images. I upscaled it to 4x the resolution of the original photo. Let me know if that's good enough for what you need, and if you want anything else upscaled. It can be hit or miss, but for images with lots of detail it seems to work well.

http://neo-archive.com/NAM1975.jpg

That is fantastic! I didn't even realise AI upscaling was a thing. I'll give this a go for sure as it's way better than what I had.

I've also contacted the member over at AO to see if he has this particular poster.

BIG BEAR

SHOCKbox Developer,
20 Year Member
I don't have that flyer but I do have access to the full illustration,no text....AND then there's a variant from SNK POSTERS...The SNK posters illustration illustration has black Japanese text on the right rather than white,etc.
I'll up a pic a little later.
BB

BIG BEAR

SHOCKbox Developer,
20 Year Member
Personally , I would take the full image and incorporate that into the poster setting....
I'll see what I can do..
BB
Those would be so good if the quality was better.

Last edited:

Burning Fight!!

NIS America fan & Rent Free tenant
10 Year Member