n00b question: WTF are these things called?

bloodycelt

Chin's Bartender
So, I'm looking at the encoder board on the Jamma-Nation PDF supergun howto.

So what is this called?
wtf.jpg
I also take it there is a female connector that plugs into this right?

Hence if someone would please enlighten this poor n00b as to what the term for it is, so I can search the interwebs for more information on ordering and wiring.

StevenK

ng.com SFII tournament winner 2002-2023
10 Year Member
I believe that is known as a blur

Xian Xi

JammaNationX,
15 Year Member
I'm not sure what you are using them on but make sure you get the right pitch as there are several different ones. usually for video signals it is 2.54mm/0.1" and for power usually 3.96mm/0.156" spacing.

bloodycelt

Chin's Bartender
I'm not sure what you are using them on but make sure you get the right pitch as there are several different ones. usually for video signals it is 2.54mm/0.1" and for power usually 3.96mm/0.156" spacing.
Thanks.

I was planning on making first a breadboard then a pcb to handle the jamma -> all the various other bits, so cables from that would go to the encoder, and that's where that sound resistors and switch would be located (as I am reading your supergun PDF).

Seems easier to keep track of then a bundle of crisscrossing wires. And I figure using pin headers means if a wire goes bad, its easy to replace without having to re-solder.

madman

Blame madman, You Know You Want To.,
Thanks.

I was planning on making first a breadboard then a pcb to handle the jamma -> all the various other bits, so cables from that would go to the encoder, and that's where that sound resistors and switch would be located (as I am reading your supergun PDF).

Seems easier to keep track of then a bundle of crisscrossing wires. And I figure using pin headers means if a wire goes bad, its easy to replace without having to re-solder.

Make sure you have plenty of propane on hand.