My SSVS MVS: Boot or woot?

Sememmon

Crazed MVS Addict
Greets...

Got my "copy" of Samurai Showdown V Special in the mail today and immediately took it out for photos for you guys. I had a very flakey transaction with our good buddy ArcadeGod in Boca Raton, Florida. I know, I know... Florida..

Anyway, I was expecting to receive a boot for a number of reasons.. and upon openning the package and inspecting the artwork he provided, I was pretty much counting on one at that point. The artwork looks like it was photocopied (especially the moves list which is not a sticker) and has water damage. However, upon inspecting the cartridge, I'm beginning to have second thoughts. It looks legit to me. But, I am a rather noobish mvs cart inspector, so I'm here asking for support from you guys. Please check the pics and see what you think.

IMAGE001.jpg

IMAGE002.jpg

IMAGE003.jpg

IMAGE004.jpg

Thanks for the help. :buttrock:

Gaelsano

Armored Scrum Object
ditto.

Official stamps, no multiple jumper wires/solder or EEPROMS. Looks pretty clean too. Nice deal even if the inserts/art are forged. The important thing is you have a kick-ass game in its original form.enjoy :buttrock:

Sememmon

Crazed MVS Addict
Thanks for the help.. hope you guys are right. =]

I still don't get why there'd really be any incomplete kits for this game around considering how new it is and the fact that it was made in such limited quantities..

Ah well.. such is life.

Sememmon

Crazed MVS Addict
Just looking at the art a bit more closely. It looks like he just photocopied the original SSV artwork. My original artwork for SSV is identical (except Japanese) except that the the flyer is split onto two sheets whereas his is printed with both of them on one sheet. On the movelist stickers (that aren't stickers), you can see the whiteness around the corners where the original label was rounded off.. his reprint/photocopy has squared corners.

Was the artwork for SSVS significantly different from that of SSV? Just wondering what I'm missing, if anything.

And are you guys sure this is a legitimate cart? =]

SNKJorge

Collection Gallery Keeper, CD Price Guide Analyst,
For your info, here's my full Original SSVS kit:

ssvsmvs.jpg

Sememmon

Crazed MVS Addict
xtoo_short20x said:
For your info, here's my full Original SSVS kit:

Trade you. =]

Do my PCBs look the same as yours? Dunno if you'd be willing to open your cart to check...

SNKJorge

Collection Gallery Keeper, CD Price Guide Analyst,
Sememmon said:
Trade you. =]

Do my PCBs look the same as yours? Dunno if you'd be willing to open your cart to check...

I did opened it when it arrive, long ago,
and it looks about the same.

Amano Jacu

Charles Barkley
Looks 100% original to me. And it is quite normal to find kits of this game missing all or most of the extra contents. I think you are safe.

Lee Gray

SSVS Special Plz..., Buying & Selling that, Never
I hope he aint selling dodgy mvs carts as i won a ss v special cart of him last week and the auction said 100 percent original. will just have to wait and see

anyways im after a full kit now if anyones got one

Iroshi*Nagasaki

Kabuki Klasher
Lee Gray said:
I hope he aint selling dodgy mvs carts as i won a ss v special cart of him last week and the auction said 100 percent original. will just have to wait and see

anyways im after a full kit now if anyones got one
I'm thinking the same thing Lee Gray I bought one from him also a few days ago.
dbasara1wp.jpg