My solution to the whole middle east problem

Poonman

macebronian
15 Year Member
Meh, yet another 'I hate being american, we do bad things' video.

Learn how to handle victory with good grace.

I'd also like to build on this point and add herk herpy derpy doo, bleep bloop blop! :thevt:

So can anyone here (who isn't a factional retard for either side of this debate) tell me what Iran was like when Mossadegh was president?

Tak makes its sound like it was only slightly less shittier than being under the Ayatolla's theocracy...is this true?

Last edited:

Takumaji

Master Enabler
Staff member
The main problem with Iran and many other Middle Eastern (or Muslim) countries are conservative religious groups who undermine any effort to make things less shitty in everyday life. They usually have a few influental Imams and other dignitaries in their ranks which gives them a lot of authority in the eyes of those who think that true spirituality only works in combination with draconic Sharia laws and other nonsense. They are scared about letting their people do their thing religion-wise because their power is mainly built on being the shepherds of a flock of spineless sheep who need strong leaders in order to lead a life that is agreeable to Allah, that's why they squeeze religion into every aspect of life in order to make themselves indispensable as infallible authority on what's good and what's not and many people do what they've been told because they aren't willing or clever enough to think for themselves. Not complying with a ruling from an Imam is a sin in their eyes, even if said Imam talks loads of bullshit... and thus the spiral keeps on spinning...

LoneSage

A Broken Man
20 Year Member
That is a terribly simple solution on par with the NUKE DEM SANDNIGGETS INTO THE STORNE AGE! solution.

smokehouse

I was Born This Ugly.,
15 Year Member
That is a terribly simple solution on par with the NUKE DEM SANDNIGGETS INTO THE STORNE AGE! solution.

You know...I've always wondered if people are really all that serious when they make the "nuke 'em!!!" comment. Like that's really an option. I strongly doubt any somewhat civilized nation will ever use a modern nuclear weapon on anyone. They are just to destructive and the backlash from the rest of the planet would be overwhelming.

If we ever see an atomic/nuclear weapon used against someone, it will be by some small branch psycho that got his hands on one.

LoneSage

A Broken Man
20 Year Member
I strongly doubt any somewhat civilized nation will ever use a modern nuclear weapon on anyone.

Hey man, it's only been coming up 70 years since we last used them, and humanity still has a looooooooooong way to go before the universe dies. Give it some time.

Archdesigner03

Camel Slug
10 Year Member
Don't you know we rely on their oil? This is a stupid thread with no real solution.

smokehouse

I was Born This Ugly.,
15 Year Member
Hey man, it's only been coming up 70 years since we last used them, and humanity still has a looooooooooong way to go before the universe dies. Give it some time.

In that, you are correct...but then there's this:

Don't you know we rely on their oil? This is a stupid thread with no real solution.

Atomic warfare (well, at least modern atomic warfare based on the insane size of the weapons we now have), render the land useless. This world is rapidly shrinking, resources are dwindling and land is becoming more and more valuable. Leaving a large chink of it an irradiated wasteland isn't a bright idea...

hyper

fresh out of fucks
10 Year Member
solution: elect GregN as president/ayatollah/shah whatever

Takumaji

Master Enabler
Staff member
Poonman said:
So can anyone here (who isn't a factional retard for either side of this debate) tell me what Iran was like when Mossadegh was president?

Tak makes its sound like it was only slightly less shittier than being under the Ayatolla's theocracy...is this true?

When Mossadegh was in office, Iran was more or less owned by the US and England, then the premier decided to change the course of his government towards a more independent policy. His first step was to nationalize the largest Iranian oil company which prompted the CIA to devise a plan to get rid of him (Operation Ajax, a joint CIA/MI6 project with a lil' help from the Pahlavi clan). All these events from the 50s to to the 70s were the precursor to the Iranian revolution which took place in the late 70s, so consequently, the US ordered their puppet Saddam Hussein to invade Iran and get rid of the Muslim republic that had just been founded - which didn't work out, Saddam eventually turned against America and the rest is history. Oh, and Israel helped Saddam by bombing alleged production sites of highly enriched Uranium while in reality, they wanted to deliver a death blow to the Iranian infrastructure. A few years later, they were shit-scared of Saddam's Scud missiles and cried to daddy Bush and later on Clinton to save their asses...

It's all a huge mindfuck, man...

evil wasabi

The Jongmaster
20 Year Member
The main problem with Iran and many other Middle Eastern (or Muslim) countries are conservative religious groups who undermine any effort to make things less shitty in everyday life. They usually have a few influental Imams and other dignitaries in their ranks which gives them a lot of authority in the eyes of those who think that true spirituality only works in combination with draconic Sharia laws and other nonsense. They are scared about letting their people do their thing religion-wise because their power is mainly built on being the shepherds of a flock of spineless sheep who need strong leaders in order to lead a life that is agreeable to Allah, that's why they squeeze religion into every aspect of life in order to make themselves indispensable as infallible authority on what's good and what's not and many people do what they've been told because they aren't willing or clever enough to think for themselves. Not complying with a ruling from an Imam is a sin in their eyes, even if said Imam talks loads of bullshit... and thus the spiral keeps on spinning...

Someone said this week that if the republicans had the deals set up to monopolize the Iranian market right now then they would be spearheading the campaign to lift sanctions.

That's all you need to know.

Takumaji

Master Enabler
Staff member
Someone said this week that if the republicans had the deals set up to monopolize the Iranian market right now then they would be spearheading the campaign to lift sanctions.

That's all you need to know.

Lifting sanctions and embargos seems to be en vogue these days.

IT'S A TRAP!

Poonman

macebronian
15 Year Member
When Mossadegh was in office, Iran was more or less owned by the US and England, then the premier decided to change the course of his government towards a more independent policy. His first step was to nationalize the largest Iranian oil company which prompted the CIA to devise a plan to get rid of him (Operation Ajax, a joint CIA/MI6 project with a lil' help from the Pahlavi clan). All these events from the 50s to to the 70s were the precursor to the Iranian revolution which took place in the late 70s, so consequently, the US ordered their puppet Saddam Hussein to invade Iran and get rid of the Muslim republic that had just been founded - which didn't work out, Saddam eventually turned against America and the rest is history. Oh, and Israel helped Saddam by bombing alleged production sites of highly enriched Uranium while in reality, they wanted to deliver a death blow to the Iranian infrastructure. A few years later, they were shit-scared of Saddam's Scud missiles and cried to daddy Bush and later on Clinton to save their asses...

It's all a huge mindfuck, man...

Level headed, apolitical, neutral and INFORMATIVE posts like these are the only ones worth reading in threads like these.

I really do appreciate it, Tak....TYVM!

Last edited:

norton9478

So Many Posts
No Time
For Games.
20 Year Member
Israel also tried to send arms to Iran for Prisoners.

Takumaji

Master Enabler
Staff member
Level headed, apolitical, neutral and INFORMATIVE posts like these are the only ones worth reading in threads like these.

I really do appreciate it, Tak....TYVM!

You're welcome.

Make sure to read the Wiki entry on Operation Ajax, it's really interesting and much more elaborate than my simplified posts on the matter.

Cylotron

ヾ(⌐■_■)ノ♪
15 Year Member
It greatly saddens me that we have all this fighting, racism, etc...

Sure, we grew up in different places... different skin color... different languages... different beliefs...
however or whoever created us, we're all human.

:oh_no:

SouthtownKid

There are four lights
20 Year Member
It greatly saddens me that we have all this fighting, racism, etc...

Sure, we grew up in different places... different skin color... different languages... different beliefs...
however or whoever created us, we're all human.

:oh_no:
Yeah, we're all human. Us, Charlie Manson, Jeffery Dahmer, Tomás de Torquemada, Josef Mengele, etc. Being human isn't any kind of free pass.

k'_127

NeoGumby's Sycophant,
20 Year Member
If the OP's suggestion is implemented, we will demand removal of Shaheen from the western release of Tekken 7:

tekken7-shaheen-famitsu-5.jpg

neo_mao

Been There., Done That., It Was Shit.,
15 Year Member
Shaheen is a chick's name. I know a woman named Shaheen.