My small AES collection

Shmuppy

Banned
It's all good. Impressive collection man. Is that your secret YouTube channel?

Thanks and yes totally secret. Only 16 subs. Maybe it will explode to 20. Hope I can handle that:-J I think my collection is a little small, more MVS would be great since AES prices went insane. But on the other hand I want to "complete" the first gen of games in AES. I love the first gen. SNK tried in so many fields their best. Football Frenzy for example I wanna back.

Last edited:

Shmuppy

Banned
It's my opinion. I tried Garou on Dreamcast many times. The spark is not sparking... it's like SF Zero3>SF3 Third Strike...

joecommando

Amusaka's Lacky
10 Year Member
Wanna get banned again, cunt?

For real man, how does this guy have the worst opinions every time?

It's my opinion. I tried Garou on Dreamcast many times. The spark is not sparking... it's like SF Zero3>SF3 Third Strike...

The Dreamcast port of Garou is PURE SHIT my friend. Thats like me saying I don't like Samurai shodown cause I played it on the SNES. What a shit opinion bro

Shmuppy

Banned
For real man, how does this guy have the worst opinions every time?

The Dreamcast port of Garou is PURE SHIT my friend. Thats like me saying I don't like Samurai shodown cause I played it on the SNES. What a shit opinion bro

Why is DC Garou shit? I always thought it is a perfect conversion...

Last edited:

wataru330

Mr. Wrestling IV
20 Year Member
DC Garou sprites are 85% the size of Neo revs sprites. It’s shit.

Shmuppy

Banned
DC Garou sprites are 85% the size of Neo revs sprites. It’s shit.

Oh that sucks. I've never touched it too much because on DC there was so much going on, so many good games at "once". A big problem IIRC (that must have been a part of the reason I didn't play it too much) the CD drive was constantly working--> laser diode was seeking all the time. The same goes for Japanese Sega Bass Fishing 2 and I think Japanese Soul Calibur.

Clearly, you did not do any research..

Why should have I? At the time it was not available on Mame to compare let alone owning the Neo cart--> money. I thought DC is so powerful it should be perfect. I've heard my beloved SF Zero 3 DC has some problems with the hitbox, meh. Love my Saturn version more anyway-->Saturn controller. Guess the Saturn versions of Capcom and SNK are the best conversions. KOF'95 with the special ROM cart is wonderful. The loading times are so fast.

Not to mention the laggy sound, Also heard that it was missing some frames of animation but I am unsure on that one.

This sucks even more... Ha, a good opportunity to sell it for teh big cash;-)

Last edited:

Heinz

Parteizeit
15 Year Member
It has been known for over a decade that the PS2 port of MOTW is superior to the DC port. Considering you're apart of some hardcore gamers commune I'm genuinely surprised you don't know this...

Shmuppy

Banned
It has been known for over a decade that the PS2 port of MOTW is superior to the DC port. Considering you're apart of some hardcore gamers commune I'm genuinely surprised you don't know this...

Never knew of a PS2 conversion. And yes you are right I'm apart from the hardcore community, too much real life action, good and bad, occupied the last 15 years. I have tons of games to discover. Shenmue3 I barely touched or the ultimate version of Sonic Adventure1 which is a shame. Currently I stick with the 30 mins ones like shmups. But this weekend Retro Session! This will bring me a little bit of an "up to date refresh" what's going on. Will make tons of footage, stay tuned!

I'm so looking forward for--> Windjammers tournament!! And chatting, grilling... and OR2SP can't wait to get cuddled be me:-) Will clean her up so that she looks nice and happy!

Last edited:

redfield0009

Sieger's Squire
Picked up a second AES. This one is boxed and complete with paper work and manual. Fully decked out with an RGB bypass, Unibios 4.0, reset button light mod, and a 14 Mhz overclock.

The OC really helps with the slowdown in MS2 and 2nd Squad and makes MSX lightning fast. I'm having my other AES overclocked to 16 Mhz and I can't wait to see what that is like.

20201112_183322_20.jpg
20201112_183543_20.jpg

Also picked up Matrimelee and KOF 03

20201112_174828_20.jpg
20201112_174859_20.jpg

I'm up to 16 games now. I don't count Miracle Adventure because its some booty shit.

20201112_173731_20.jpg

BIG BEAR

SHOCKbox Developer,
20 Year Member
Be very careful that those plastic flaps from those protectors don't get caught in your inserts.They can do some serious damage.
BB

redfield0009

Sieger's Squire
Be very careful that those plastic flaps from those protectors don't get caught in your inserts.They can do some serious damage.
BB

Yeah I hate these things. I taped down the bottom flap and that makes taking them in and out a little easier, but they can really mess things up. I'm in the process of getting some acrylic cases commissioned since Kaizer has disappeared.

Digmac

Leona's Therapist
Yeah I hate these things. I taped down the bottom flap and that makes taking them in and out a little easier, but they can really mess things up. I'm in the process of getting some acrylic cases commissioned since Kaizer has disappeared.

Shoot me a PM. I’ve got one (Kaizer) that I don’t use anymore.

RAZO

Mayor of Southtown
15 Year Member
Red, you have change that thread name bud. No longer a small collection. Some heavy hitters in that collection.