My second console game, Lola's Math Train, will be released for Nintendo 3DS on March 21st

Akira_Tekagi

Kula's Candy
Hello! I'm a game developer at BeiZ and I would like to announce the American release date of Lola's Math Train (Nintendo 3DS Download Software) : March 21st. The game can be purchased from the Nintendo eShop.

Trailer (USA version) : http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OpC3_O7XLb0

Lola's Math Train is an educational game for children. It has 19 different mathematics minigames, so the trailer shows only a small part of the game. The game has three difficulty levels and three parallax scrolling backgrounds (plains, desert and bamboo forest). The USA version supports two languages (English and French).

Lola's Math Train's 3DS version is the second console game that I've programmed. It was a much bigger project than my previous game, Lola's Fruit Shop Sudoku (Nintendo DSiWare). The 3DS version has some new features and animations that are not included in the game's other versions.

I'll post screenshots of the game to this thread next week, but I would already like to hear your questions or comments about the game.

Joneo

Belnar Institute Student
Cute game! I'm interested to hear Kidpanda's take on this. :D

ookitarepanda

rare's hero,
God fucking dammit, this is a math game with pandas. I am going to spend points to buy this.

bokmeow

Ned's Ninja Academy Dropout
I noticed that whoever's controlling the demonstration got the last question wrong.

Definitely not smarter than a 4th grader.

trenog

Gai's Trainer
10 Year Member
It's a cute looking game.

Hopefully parents find their way into your corner of the market to make the game successful :)

Akira_Tekagi

Kula's Candy
Lola's Math Train will be released this week! Here are some screenshots of the game :

- Main menu

attachment.php

- Difficulty selection screen

attachment.php

- Gameplay 1 : Which one is number X task (Easy difficulty)

attachment.php

- Gameplay 2 : Arrange pieces task, easy version (Easy difficulty)

attachment.php

- Gameplay 3 : Number puzzle task, hard version (Medium difficulty)

attachment.php

- Gameplay 4 : Counting task (Medium difficulty)

attachment.php

- Gameplay 5 : Addition task (Hard difficulty)

attachment.php

- Gameplay 6 : Balloon addition task (Hard difficulty)

attachment.php

- Gameplay 7 : Station (Easy difficulty)

attachment.php

- Score screen

attachment.php

I've created an album with 20 screenshots to my profile, so take a look at it if you would like to see more pictures of the game.

Xian Xi

JammaNationX,
15 Year Member
Awesome news dude. I'm glad you are still making these. Being a father, I really appreciate your efforts. Do you plan on making any for the iphone?

Akira_Tekagi

Kula's Candy
Awesome news dude. I'm glad you are still making these. Being a father, I really appreciate your efforts. Do you plan on making any for the iphone?
Thanks! :) I'm currently focusing on the Nintendo 3DS console, but other programmers at BeiZ are making Lola Panda games for the iOS platform (iPhone & iPad).

N30_G30_speed

Angel's Love Slave
Some people state that this sort of games attempt against the true intention of gaming itself, however I truly believe that keeping an open mind about all sorts of games and supporting them enriches the whole market making it broader so it can be taken it consideration in a more serious aspect from people from all ages, specially people reluctant to accept that games can actually be dynamically designed in order to be more than just the gaming experience but also the learning experience as well. kudos on the successful project. :)