My newest acquisition.. A good one.

LWK

Earl of Sexyheim
20 Year Member
I'm really excited to own this. A friend needed his beatmania repaired, and I worked for hours with him. The result I'd say was excellent. Finally own this game, and all it cost me was my time. =) pulstar.JPG

The other cool thing is that I have no history with it. I only ever played it at a friends house in some rom form many many years ago. I just know it has some of the most beautiful animation in any 2D game and its sound track is major ass kick. :buttrock::buttrock:

LWK

Earl of Sexyheim
20 Year Member
Doesn't count, wasn't a purchase.

LWK

Earl of Sexyheim
20 Year Member
Sure is. I actually need to get some well made labels to repair like ten games. I printed my own up in a decent way, but it just wasnt a good enough look.

Bill Kilgore

Sent Rot A Secret Santa.Didn't Get Banned.FOOKIN A
Congrats, it's like the holy grail in Neo Geo shooters.

StevenK

ng.com SFII tournament winner 2002-2023
10 Year Member
Jezus this place is full of miserable fucks.

LWK - great get, well earned dude!

oliverclaude

General Morden's Aide
Congrats, LWK! You just made it in time for the Big 20th ;). Can't think of a better celebration than this get of yours. Enjoy!

Liquid Snake

I am untouchable
20 Year Member
M
I'm really excited to own this. A friend needed his beatmania repaired, and I worked for hours with him. The result I'd say was excellent. Finally own this game, and all it cost me was my time. =) View attachment 29013

The other cool thing is that I have no history with it. I only ever played it at a friends house in some rom form many many years ago. I just know it has some of the most beautiful animation in any 2D game and its sound track is major ass kick. :buttrock::buttrock:

Lucky bastard...............

Opethian

Basara's Blade Keeper
10 Year Member
label is still better than the Pullstar one I used to have lol

Syn

There can be only one.
10 Year Member
at your service.

Your reaction was my first thought too.

We just had someone start a wtf video thread when we have the longest thread for bs like that.

Kef9

Crossed Swords Squire
Why does it seem most of the pulsar MVS Carts had had their labels replaced. Mine is the same.

LWK

Earl of Sexyheim
20 Year Member
I'm just glad I finally own it. I hate the way prices are going currently, and there are certain games I want to get in my hands before it feels to stupid to buy them. I just can't stomach paying a fortune. It's one of those titles like ssvs that I'm so happy to have gotten. I've had some good luck when it comes to buying games also. I got my Ninja Masters a few years back for like 50$. I miss those mvs years where the going rate for most games was like 50$. Pulstar was considered expensive on mvs even before the hipsters with their pretend love for everything jumped the gun. I'm gonna be after viewpoint next for a tough find title. Game has always looked really cool and unique, and I've never once played it.

Last edited:

LWK

Earl of Sexyheim
20 Year Member
Totally unrelated, but nice avatar. I use eernie's on all my Ibanez RG series. I need to redo both my 550's. That and Jazz III picks feel good. I need to work on one of my guitars, has EMG's to!

Last edited:

ni-ten

War Room Troll
Bendings are so damn easy with the slinky's. It's almost like they do play themselves. Only thing that sucks they sound old really quick. Anyway nice SNK-G cart up there. Totally dig them.

LWK

Earl of Sexyheim
20 Year Member
I always break my high E. I remember reading that Zakk Wylde was using a heavier guage for his higher strings. I think I was rocking a 9 or so.

ballzdeepx

Rugal's Secretary
20 Year Member
Nice reward dude, well earned.

Yeah I never got this game either for MVS and it's price is redic, so I go the CD route to play it.