My NEW CAB Namco Noir HD (tekken 6)

TrAb

Crazed MVS Addict
I think the monitor is at least. The amp that came in this one blew balls, but i just replaced it.

kazuo

New Challenger
Yes, it is a knockoff, but aside from maybe the monitor it is pretty much identical to the Namco cabinet.

email sales@coinopstore.com if you're interested in buying or have any questions--tell them Art sent you ;)

SniperElite

Kula's Candy
Wow, what a nice cab! Knock-off or not! I love the color scheme and the sticks/buttons!
Congrats!

TrAb

Crazed MVS Addict
Hey guys hate to bring this back from teh dead but just wanted to give an update. It is acually not really a knockoff :scratch: . I needed to get some parts for it so i contacted the company who makes it in china, found out they make the original tekken cabinet and the only difference is the topper's picture, and the stickers around the screen. They call this cabinet super wrestle II over there??? Heres a link to there site...

http://www.flyhighgames.com.cn/ProductsDetail.aspx?ID=37

genjiglove

So Many Posts
No Time
For Games.
Yeah its a knockoff, cause i looked up the specs when ordering and it said it did 720p. But when i hooked up my xbox it does 1080p, i was happy but curious about that... lol

If SF4 or whatever game you are playing displays in 720p you are better off running it at that resolution instead of upscaling it to 1080p.

JustinS

Krauser's Shoe Shiner
Thanks for the Vid
look alike or not it is awesome.
if you paid $1800 shipped sounds pretty Freakin good for a newer cab like that.

Im making a Vewlix style cab right now and after all the costs associated

I will be over$1,000 tax included (not including labor)
Total labor 58 hours so far...

mdf wood and materials $110
Paint Primer and Lacquer $56
Toshiba 32" TV/Monitor $438

Stickers Marquee backlit materials for moveslist and Control Panel I make with my own Large
Format printer $46

Power supply and wiring $80

Sanwa buttons and joysticks $128

Speaker system $110

Misc tools /router bits etc.. $49

Cabinet adjustable feet $23

Matte and gloss Vinyl $22

Plexi for Control panel $19

Screws,bolts, wood glue, brackets, $17

4 Pack Cooling fans $13

Auto On off terminal so everything turns on with one button $34

TOTAL $1145

Last edited:

JustinS

Krauser's Shoe Shiner
TRAB?

You mentioned an amp for your cab in the video. What one are you using?

dakingofzumunda

Robert Garcia's Butler
Thanks for the Vid
look alike or not it is awesome.
if you paid $1800 shipped sounds pretty Freakin good for a newer cab like that.

Im making a Vewlix style cab right now and after all the costs associated

I will be over$1,000 tax included (not including labor)
Total labor 58 hours so far...

mdf wood and materials $110
Paint Primer and Lacquer $56
Toshiba 32" TV/Monitor $438

Stickers Marquee backlit materials for moveslist and Control Panel I make with my own Large
Format printer $46

Power supply and wiring $80

Sanwa buttons and joysticks $128

Speaker system $110

Misc tools /router bits etc.. $49

Cabinet adjustable feet $23

Matte and gloss Vinyl $22

Plexi for Control panel $19

Screws,bolts, wood glue, brackets, $17

4 Pack Cooling fans $13

Auto On off terminal so everything turns on with one button $34

TOTAL $1145

Just noticed you're from Washington State JustinS. Would like to check out the finish product on this bad boy. Are you near or from the Seattle area?

JustinS

Krauser's Shoe Shiner
Just noticed you're from Washington State JustinS. Would like to check out the finish product on this bad boy. Are you near or from the Seattle area?

Yeah When Im done. Work has been a killer lately. Ive just been doing a little at a time. I'll try and post some pics when I get near complete.

still a ways to go. It was my first go at wood working So Ive been taking my time with it.

Im about 2 hours north of you. Bellingham 98226

jbarket

n00b
Knock off or not, that's a super nice cab, and a hell of a price on it. All of these new cabs are super slim. Is there still plenty of room to stuff a super tiny PC in there? I guess you got your 360 in just fine.

Neo Alec

Ned's Ninja Academy Dropout
20 Year Member
Knock off or not, that's a super nice cab, and a hell of a price on it. All of these new cabs are super slim. Is there still plenty of room to stuff a super tiny PC in there? I guess you got your 360 in just fine.
That's kind of the problem with it too though. They're almost not cabs anymore.

Spazz

n00b
That's kind of the problem with it too though. They're almost not cabs anymore.

I kind of agree with this - hence why I sold my Lindbergh. Consoles in cabs just didn't do it for me. I think it's a personal thing though. I can understand the appeal but modern games aren't really my cup of tea so I'm, of course, going to biased. Still, a nice looking cab.

TonK

Least Valuable Player
I kind of agree with this - hence why I sold my Lindbergh. Consoles in cabs just didn't do it for me. I think it's a personal thing though. I can understand the appeal but modern games aren't really my cup of tea so I'm, of course, going to biased. Still, a nice looking cab.

I agree.

The only thing I would consider is a Dreamcast in a cab cause a Naomi is retarded.

jonny5

Cham Cham's Banana
I agree.

The only thing I would consider is a Dreamcast in a cab cause a Naomi is retarded.

co-signed....i went the console route when i got my first cab.....didnt feel right....even playing arcade games....i could tell the difference...interlacing can lick my balls

if you are gonna play on cabs, you cant go half way....pcb's ftw!!:cool:

Phyeir

My only regret is that I have... Boneitis!
That thing is fucking nice. I'm always either bleh or hearts over newer cabs and this is a nice one, even if it is a knock off!

EDIT: Oh, guess it isn't!

Celestein

n00b
I've had one of these for well over a year now on location being used by a lot of people, I'm surprised that it's held up very well. I'm considering buying a couple more once I have a need for them.

For whoever asked, the interior is very roomy, I have my typeX2 setup inside and it only takes up 1 shelf(there's 2).

DaytimeDreamer

Southern Pounce.,
Congrats on the cab ... it looks fantastic!!

One question though : Are those monitors like a good LCD with little lag or are they like a CRT which has almost zero lag? What technology are they based on? I ask this cause pro Tekken 6 players (on PS3 and XBOX360) usually play on CRT's due to no-lag issues therefore how come this monitor which is apparently an LCD doesnt have any lag?

Celestein

n00b
Congrats on the cab ... it looks fantastic!!

One question though : Are those monitors like a good LCD with little lag or are they like a CRT which has almost zero lag? What technology are they based on? I ask this cause pro Tekken 6 players (on PS3 and XBOX360) usually play on CRT's due to no-lag issues therefore how come this monitor which is apparently an LCD doesnt have any lag?

It's a commercial LCD panel so it has no post-processing/image enhancement, which is 98% of what causes "lag" in a LCD tv.

No one ever complained but when I can remember to I'll actually run a test on it, just need someone to loan me a camera with fast enough ISO settings.

TrAb

Crazed MVS Addict
Im not sure on the monitor question, but i havent had any trouble from mine. As for the room inside, there is PLENTY of room, id say it has a good bit more room then say my blast city does...