My Neo Geo AES in a movie... by Prof Denim...

Professor Denim

Atro Ego
Hey,
I was invited to be the cinematographer on a movie called Macau Stories 3, wich is the sequel to this one here http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=d2sL8N1jXxM
We shot it last november, its in editing stage now and will premiere in Macau,Hong Kong and Taiwan next October (a time for Halloween, since the theme of this year movie is much darker).
The cool thing about this, is that i manage to include my Neo geo AES in a few scenes, as a prop, in the apartment of one of the main characters.
So we have a few scenes where we have KoF97 on the background and other where we have a character playing Garou Mark of the Wolves!
We also have an intimate scene with a few AES carts scatterd in the background. :up:
i asked the actors, so wich game should i bring?2 of them:"KoF97 please!", i took KoF97 and Mark of the Wolves just for the production value :)

Heres a pic taken from the editing room.
The movie was shot with red camera @ 4k resolution, this pic looks like shit since its from the offline edit.
neo geo.jpg

The actors loved the Neo, the guys are KoF fans, they were pleasently surprised to see the Neo at the set. We battled a few rounds in between scenes :buttrock:
I intend to post better pics in the future (maybe around color grading time), and the trailer once its availabe. I wanna thank the director for sending me the pic that i just posted.

ps - Shit i need to edit the threads title, how i do that?

Last edited:

city41

Gal Ageise's Demon
10 Year Member
that's wicked cool. Congrats on the film!

sylvie

NG.COM TEMPTRESS
20 Year Member
We also have an intimate scene with a few AES carts scatterd in the background.
OH FUCK THERE'S A THREAD FOR THAT

Atro

Who?,
20 Year Member
Hell fucking YEAH!

Denim's the man ;)

Is this the part where they say "hey look! a Neo-Geo!" ? :)

evil wasabi

The Jongmaster
20 Year Member
Very nice man. Shanghai would be a great place to go to. I don't know how much Portuguese is still spoken there, but it seems like one of the most fun places in the world.

xsq

Thou Shalt Not, Question Rot.,
Nice. Product placement done right ^^

Professor Denim

Atro Ego
Very nice man. Shanghai would be a great place to go to. I don't know how much Portuguese is still spoken there, but it seems like one of the most fun places in the world.
Double post sorry.

Are you referring to Shangai or Macau?about how much Portuguese still spoken. In Macau every street has its name in Portuguese, the new kids don't speak it anymore but some of the old people do. Then you have older Macau families that speak Chinese (Cantonese) and Portuguese fluently. Its a strange and interesting place to visit and with time you start to get the beauty of it.

SNKorSWM

So Many Posts
No Time
For Games.
10 Year Member
Nice! Can't help but notice the figures right next to the neo, too.