My first console game (Lola's Fruit Shop Sudoku) will be released in America on June 21st!

Akira_Tekagi

Kula's Candy
Lola's Fruit Shop Sudoku (Nintendo DSiWare, 200 DSi Points) :
http://www.nintendo.com/games/detail/bnmAsJR4Ui4i1kHXo3q0VxA-rP9ppppm

Hi everyone!

I'm working as a game developer at BeiZ, a Finnish game company that develops educational video games. The DSiWare version of Lola's Fruit Shop Sudoku is the first console game that I've programmed and it's also my first commercially released game! The game is a port of the iOS version (iPhone & iPad), but many of it's features had to be redesigned for the Nintendo DSi console.

Lola's Fruit Shop Sudoku is an easy and fun sudoku game that is played with the DSi console's touch screen. The game has three difficulty levels and it's American version supports three languages (English, French and Spanish). The game's e-manual includes a "How to Play" page that has example pictures of sudoku's rules.

Lola's Fruit Shop Sudoku will also be released in Europe soon! NOE (Nintendo of Europe) has already approved the game's European version, but it doesn't currently have a release date. The game's European version also supports three languages (English, French and German).

Please take a look at the Nintendo.com link at the start of this post to see the game's trailer and screenshots! I would like to hear your questions and comments about the game.

AppleiDog

Shamrock Chatster
15 Year Member
That is so cool!, I will push this game for you where I work, when it comes out for the european market, I have a few questions.

1. How long did it generally take to make?
2. was it easy to get it on a nintendo console Licensing wise?
3 to help sell it what is the key demographic of the game?

Last edited:

Akira_Tekagi

Kula's Candy
That is so cool!, I will push this game for you where I work, when it comes out for the european market, I have a few questions.

1. How long did it generally take to make?
2. was it easy to get it on a nintendo console Licensing wise?
3 to help sell it what is the key demographic of the game?

Thank you! I really appreciate your support!

1. Lola's Fruit Shop Sudoku was in development for about six months, because I had to make it from scratch. The Nintendo DSi console had many technical limitations that made the game's development process difficult. BeiZ didn't have employees that had worked with consoles before I started to work at the company. The game was also redesigned to use the two screens of the DSi console. I also had to test the game, write it's e-manuals, get it approved by NOA's Lotcheck and help to create it's marketing materials.

2. I can't really answer this question, because another person in our company handled the game's licensing.

3. The game is designed for young children (ages 3-9), but everyone can enjoy solving sudokus. You can learn to solve sudokus by playing the game.

Xian Xi

JammaNationX,
15 Year Member
Awesome. I think making kid's games that help them understand logic is very important in this world rather than games that don't challenge their minds. If my daughter was a bit older I would buy this game in a heartbeat. I might buy it for my niece as she needs help with these types of things.

Do you plan on making more kids games?

Lee Gray

SSVS Special Plz..., Buying & Selling that, Never
Good luck on the release of the game
looks fun for the kids.

Last edited:

AppleiDog

Shamrock Chatster
15 Year Member
Thank you! I really appreciate your support!

1. Lola's Fruit Shop Sudoku was in development for about six months, because I had to make it from scratch. The Nintendo DSi console had many technical limitations that made the game's development process difficult. BeiZ didn't have employees that had worked with consoles before I started to work at the company. The game was also redesigned to use the two screens of the DSi console. I also had to test the game, write it's e-manuals, get it approved by NOA's Lotcheck and help to create it's marketing materials.

2. I can't really answer this question, because another person in our company handled the game's licensing.

3. The game is designed for young children (ages 3-9), but everyone can enjoy solving sudokus. You can learn to solve sudokus by playing the game.

Cool thank you for the quick reply, and Good luck with the American release, update us when there is a schedule with the european side.

Cavalry

INfintido Innuendo?,
Thats extremely cool man. I know how rewarding it is when you finish a big game project like that.

Im currently working on a game for the android market and will be happy when its all done.

GOt any other plans for future games?

Xian Xi

JammaNationX,
15 Year Member
Yes, because BeiZ is focused on this game genre. I'm already programming a math game for the Nintendo 3DS console.

Great news. If the future games are smartly made like this one, I will be supporting your company all the way.

Akira_Tekagi

Kula's Candy
GOt any other plans for future games?
I love 2D arcade games, so I'll definitely start to develop them in the future. I programmed two prototype arcade games (an Asteroids clone and a space action game) for Windows last year while I was in game programming training. It was a great experience and it helped me to get a job at BeiZ.

AppleiDog

Shamrock Chatster
15 Year Member
Cool, I'll get ball rolling so to speak!. And thanks for the Update.