My dreams have come true: 30th Anniversary Transformers Generations Jetfire!

smokehouse

I was Born This Ugly.,
15 Year Member
You know……..

Yeah…not really a fan of that one for some reason. Looks wrong to me...

FAT$TACKS

Not Average Joe., Not Average Homeowner., Not Aver
15 Year Member
I guess they had to make some changes to keep the infringement down to a minimum.

3rdStrikeMike

Dodgeball Yakuza
10 Year Member
I love me some Jetfire and I totally approve of this. I haven't been fond of any of the new transformers other than the masterpiece figures, but this actually looks great.

IcBlUsCrN

Vanessa's Drinking Buddy
I picked it up the Hasbro version but want the takara one without the red chrome. The pics should be up in the toys / action figure thread soon. Have you seen kronos ? The 3rdparty jet fire?

Retrogamer

Troller of Old Men,
20 Year Member
I picked it up the Hasbro version but want the takara one without the red chrome. The pics should be up in the toys / action figure thread soon. Have you seen kronos ? The 3rdparty jet fire?

Yes, although Kronos, is ALL Skyfire and no Jetfire. It is apparently a very poorly made figure

Cylotron

ヾ(⌐■_■)ノ♪
15 Year Member
I remember getting the original when it came out. I'm old :(

smokehouse

I was Born This Ugly.,
15 Year Member

I got it for Christmas, 1985...man, I loved that figure...

I was a GI Joe at heart though. I dabbled in Transformers here and there but I was devoted to the GI Joe toys which we, in my opinion, far better toys than the TF line. Old 3 3/4" stuff was the shit...still is. The Skystriker was an epic toy back when...

Now...the cartoon/movie scene back then...definitely TF over GI Joe. I watched both, but TF won hands down.

Last edited:

IcBlUsCrN

Vanessa's Drinking Buddy
in my opinion, far better toys than the TF line. Old 3 3/4" stuff was the shit...s

get out of here with that. Dont get me wrong i had my fair share of joes (had more then i did tfs)
but a truck that turned into a robot? come on dude. guns and planes into robots? that cant be beat.
Joes had what the night raven and the warthog? being my favorites i would loss have of the there guns, backpacks and equipment. the other half would be mixed and matched.

smokehouse

I was Born This Ugly.,
15 Year Member
get out of here with that. Dont get me wrong i had my fair share of joes (had more then i did tfs)
but a truck that turned into a robot? come on dude. guns and planes into robots? that cant be beat.
Joes had what the night raven and the warthog? being my favorites i would loss have of the there guns, backpacks and equipment. the other half would be mixed and matched.

The devil was in the details.

TF had a trend of looking cool in one state, being a stiff, ugly POS in the other. G1 Prime...cool ass semi truck, lame as a robot.

3 3/4" Joe stuff was extremely well detailed (early on...by the late 80's they really started to jump the shark). Vehicles like the Rattler, Skystriker, and Mauler as well as play sets like the Terrordrome, V1 Joe base, Space shuttle and the king of kings, the USS Flagg...yeah, Joes were cream of the crop. The figures were great too, very pose able and fun to play with. The figs were cheap too, I was always getting new ones. I remember my dad bitching about how much TF toys were back then...

Don't get me wrong...I love some TF but I still think Joe takes the prise...

Last edited:

Moon Jump

Alfred Garcia's Butler
I got the original on the shelf behind me here in the office. It's my brother's since I was much younger then he was and he had a ton of the original Transformers. It was a few years ago I was showing my nephew all of our old toys in the basement and I found Jetfire and knew right off the bat it was Macross and ended up going down the internet rabbit hole learning all about him. I honestly don't remember him from the cartoon either so seeing him with an Autobot logo was really neat.

Retrogamer

Troller of Old Men,
20 Year Member

Me too, I wanted him so bad, my parents told me I would get him if I got 3 A graded papers in one school week.
Quickest As I ever got

I got the original on the shelf behind me here in the office. It's my brother's since I was much younger then he was and he had a ton of the original Transformers. It was a few years ago I was showing my nephew all of our old toys in the basement and I found Jetfire and knew right off the bat it was Macross and ended up going down the internet rabbit hole learning all about him. I honestly don't remember him from the cartoon either so seeing him with an Autobot logo was really neat.

He was called Skyfire in the cartoon, and looked totally different than his macross counterpart because of copyright reasons.

280px-TUD2_Skyfire_catches_Autobots.jpg

27424358d1394560496-daca-toys-kronos-masterpiece-scaled-skyfire-jetfire-000012tz.jpg

Last edited:

Zangrief

Kula's Candy
Had the original, and I do believe it was my favorite of the bunch (and I owned Omega Supreme). I also really liked the one-eyed purple Decepticon that guarded the portal in the cartoon (fucked made sounds!).

scrubsy

Rasputin's Rose Gardener
Had the original, and I do believe it was my favorite of the bunch (and I owned Omega Supreme). I also really liked the one-eyed purple Decepticon that guarded the portal in the cartoon (fucked made sounds!).
Shockwave? One of the most bad ass toys I had.

Zangrief

Kula's Candy
Shockwave? One of the most bad ass toys I had.

Yeah, that's the one. I was just too lazy to verify it. P.S. "fucked made sounds!" should've been "fucking made sounds!".

What were Transformers marketed as in Japan? I clearly remember a friend having a Japanese version of Shockwave before 'he' even existed in the U.S., and I'm pretty sure I saw a Japanese version of the OP's Transformer too, well before it was a Transformer. Were there no international copyright laws back then, or were there a bunch of licensing agreements?

Lastblade

Friend me on Facebook!,
20 Year Member
Jetfire is my favorite autobot. This one looks good, is it available in store yet?

I bought the G1 complete for $150 about 5 years ago, I just love this figure and it is one of my favorite. The last Jetfire reincarnation wasn't too bad either, but this one looks better.

Tripredacus

Three 6 Mafia
10 Year Member
What were Transformers marketed as in Japan? I clearly remember a friend having a Japanese version of Shockwave before 'he' even existed in the U.S., and I'm pretty sure I saw a Japanese version of the OP's Transformer too, well before it was a Transformer. Were there no international copyright laws back then, or were there a bunch of licensing agreements?

Transformers in Japan were called Fight! Super Robot Lifeform Transformer. The cartoon and toys were 1 year behind US releases. Japanese Shockwave (aka Laserwave) was released the same year in the US and Japan, 1985. The reason why there was no Shockwave toy in 1984 was because the company who owned the mold had it licensed to someone else, Radio Shack. Copyright laws did exist then. All 1984 and 1985 Transformers were repurposed from other toy lines. The only exceptions were the 1985 minibots like Powerglide, Warpath, Beachcomber, etc.

Master Tasuke

Pathetic Meat Sack, Doll Fucker and Collector of J
i had wanted a transforming MACROSS VF-1 Valkyrie toy for years in the 90's, especially after finding all about the 1/55 japanese line JETFIRE was based from.

as it were, i had to wait until 1999/2000 to get an opportunity to get one, it iwas in the laughable form of a loose, bare JETIRE with a missing arm.
all the same i was ecstatic, what a loser i was. today, i've something approaching an actual respectable VF-1 toy collection,
including that loose JETFIRE, with a new arm and a custom paint job to match the original VF-1S styling.

one of these days i'll be getting off my ass and replacing that with an actual 1/55 VF-1, but for now;

VF-1collejohns6-15-14_zps98021fc6.jpg

VF-1S1-55BANDAIJENIUSDYRLCUSTOM3_zps998f5ca5.jpg

VF-1S1-55BANDAIJENIUSDYRLCUSTOM7_zps4af05380.jpg

VF-1S1-55BANDAIJENIUSDYRLCUSTOM1_zps659bff4b.jpg

ChopstickSamurai

I have earned the, right to PM Rot.,
That is one sexy robot. I've wanted a Valkyrie toy for many years myself. One day perhaps. :)

Zangrief

Kula's Candy
He did have the best looking gun of any Transformer I ever owned or saw, and I mean that in the most non-robot fucking manner possible.