My Bartop Neo Geo System...

loegan43

I've served my time in the Dark Army., Have you?,
15 Year Member
Wow, amazing looking cab you've built. That's some fantastic craftsmanship. Thanks for sharing.

JMKurtz

Tech Support Moderator,
20 Year Member
When you can offer these as a DIY kit in the mainland, I'm in for 1, maybe 3.

Jeff

RomanH

n00b
Awesome cabs!

How did you split the video signal? Did you split the RGB signal from the jamma connector or the VGA signal coming from the converter? And did you need some kind of a repeater?

RomanH

Unstupid

Kuroko's Training Dummy
The gonbes cga to VGA encoder board has dual VGA outputs. No I didn't need a repeater the travel from the encoder to the cab 2 monitor is only 8 ft.

city41

Aero Fighters Flyboy
10 Year Member
I think you should figure out what the price would have to be to make these and ship them to the main land such that it would be worth your time. Yes the price would probably be very high. But there are people that would pay it.

EllertMichael

Mickey's Coach
Wow. Nice work! making this 2-player is what makes it stand out from other Bartops. Great stuff.
How long did it take you?

StealthLurker

Naomi Yamazaki's Wingman
I think you should figure out what the price would have to be to make these and ship them to the main land such that it would be worth your time. Yes the price would probably be very high. But there are people that would pay it.

I'm interested too. These little guys are too awesome to pass up!

NeoTheranthrope

Basara's Blade Keeper
It's easy when you have the right tools! Here is the cutting part:

A CNC cutter, soooo sexy...

Have you considered making a variant for flat-pack? (Like Ikea) It would save on shipping.

Unrelated, but the BGM sounds a lot like this:

Unstupid

Kuroko's Training Dummy
Wow. Nice work! making this 2-player is what makes it stand out from other Bartops. Great stuff.
How long did it take you?

From start of the design process till completion it was just over 3 months. But there was a lot of lost time in there spent building one out of plywood thinking that I have any sort of painting skills... I don't so i ended up trashing the first one I built and ended up cutting these out of laminates combcore plywood... The only thing that is painted in the final cabs is the backside of the bezel for the player 2 cabinet.

Dash no Chris

Jaguar Ninja,
A CNC cutter, soooo sexy...
I have never seen one of these devices before -- but they should come with a medical warning that they may cause drymouth. Like the wicked case I just suffered from sitting through that video slack-jawed and gasping for air at how awesome that was. :eek:

--Chris

NeoTheranthrope

Basara's Blade Keeper
Well, that certainly beats getting slugged in the gut by a section of flying MDF, because my dumb-ass didn't set the ripsaw fence true on the tablesaw... (my fault because I was hurrying)

Unstupid

Kuroko's Training Dummy
Dude, that is the best bartop I've ever seen. Good Job!

You realize this thread is from 2011, right?

That said, damn, that is a nice bartop.

Thanks.... Yea the bartops are a few years old now. They are no longer slaves to each other. That was just an experiment to see if it could be done... Now, each one has its own MV1C inside and a game pad for player 2. In fact they are not even bartops anymore. I put mini pedestals under them so they can stand on their own. Now they look like 2/3 sized MVS 2-13 cabs!
update3.jpg

Last edited:

Archdesigner03

Camel Slug
10 Year Member
You realize this thread is from 2011, right?

That said, damn, that is a nice bartop.

Yes, I realize it's an old thread but it has the information I need. Currently have an urge to build a neo bartop and this definitely serves as an inspiration.

Archdesigner03

Camel Slug
10 Year Member
Thanks.... Yea the bartops are a few years old now. They are no longer slaves to each other. That was just an experiment to see if it could be done... Now, each one has its own MV1C inside and a game pad for player 2. In fact they are not even bartops anymore. I put mini pedestals under them so they can stand on their own. Now they look like 2/3 sized MVS 2-13 cabs!
View attachment 14426

Hey Unstupid, I love your bartop! I'm currently reading your posts on Arcadecontrols about this project. I'm still debating on putting in a MVS or an Intel NUC for my project.

Last edited:

Karou

Gandalf Of Gibberish,
10 Year Member
View attachment 14426

Wow! if you wanted to make more of them people who Love their kids should buy them? really I think you would have at least a small market. it was cool before too.

edit: I see this is not a new suggestion after reading a few posts. congrats at any rate.

Last edited:

El Maricon Loco

Galford's Poppy Trainer,
View attachment 14426

Wow! if you wanted to make more of them people who Love their kids should buy them? really I think you would have at least a small market. it was cool before too.

edit: I see this is not a new suggestion after reading a few posts. congrats at any rate.

I agree, this would blow some kid mind. I would have crapped my pants if the folks threw me something like that as a kid.

Unstupid

Kuroko's Training Dummy
Hey Unstupid, I love your bartop! I'm currently reading your posts on Arcadecontrols about this project. I'm still debating on putting in a MVS or an Intel NUC for my project.

As far as price goes: MV1C + cga2vga card + 161-in-1 < NUC + ram + Hard drive + Operating system
Plus, real hardware is much easier to put together. No need worry about configuring front end. Only downside to using real MVS hardware is you are limited to the 161 games on the cartridge or whatever cartridges you have on hand.

Niko

Whip's Subordinate
View attachment 14426

My God, I wish I could buy this. You should make kits, I bet they would sale. Especially to the people who dont have a lot of room for a full size cabinet.