My Bartop Neo Geo System...

skinny503

NAM-75 Vet
Bartop neogeo, what better way to piss the wife off more and still have a cab!

xsq

Thou Shalt Not, Question Rot.,
this is a thread rightfully risen from the dead... holy crap those bartops are amazing. Two player gaming on 2 screens must've been the shitz.

G

greeneye8181

Soooo cool. I live in a condo and it would be perfect. A condo cab!

LegoSlug

Over Top Auto Mechanic
That mini big red looks sweet. I wonder if you could mount a brand new 19 inch crt into that.

Namnuta

Quiz Detective
Last edited:

Unstupid

Kuroko's Training Dummy
That mini big red looks sweet. I wonder if you could mount a brand new 19 inch crt into that.

No... It's way too shallow to fit the yoke. Would need to redesign to make it deeper. As far as the Haruman kit goes, I can't really speak to it since I haven't seen it in person, but by looking at the pictures I can tell you there is all kinds if wrong with his design! But hey, it's only $130!

Here side view... See too shallow: update4.jpg

xsq

Thou Shalt Not, Question Rot.,
hm, that mini big red is hell sweet as well!

Oh, and while we're passing around links to commercial options, Jochen sells Bartop-Kits, too. They look quite high quality and he does put a lot of thought into the stuff he makes:
Arcadeforge Bartop.

Unstupid

Kuroko's Training Dummy
are you willing to share your CNC files???

Well I don't have the CNC files, because they would be little use to anyone, unless of course you are running the exact same software (MasterCam level 3) and router (Thermwood Model 90) we have. G-Code is pretty machine specific especially when running on a 5 axis router. I did make the CAD files available, so if you want to bring that into your own CAM software you can program it from there.
Here is the DWG files (3.77meg)
Here are the Rhino 3DM files 1.16meg

SNKorSWM

So Many Posts
No Time
For Games.
10 Year Member
Looks nice, man! Maybe it's possible to connect two back-to-back for some 2P head-to-head.

Last edited:

Normdog

Kula's Diamond
10 Year Member
Now, each one has its own MV1C inside and a game pad for player 2. In fact they are not even bartops anymore. I put mini pedestals under them so they can stand on their own. Now they look like 2/3 sized MVS 2-13 cabs!

Wow. Very cool.

werejag

Galford's Poppy Trainer
with a circuit im sure both could run independent and as slaves to each other. 25 pin sockets has lots of room to add selctable outputs

Reclaimer

Haomaru's Blade Shiner
hm, that mini big red is hell sweet as well!

Oh, and while we're passing around links to commercial options, Jochen sells Bartop-Kits, too. They look quite high quality and he does put a lot of thought into the stuff he makes:
Arcadeforge Bartop.

Thats a great link, lots of good options in this thread to help someone build their own. Thanks!