MVS X Multi Video System

TMOSteel

20 Year Member
Finally put mine together last night, as they produced an "alternate base top" which was shipped separate. Apparently on some of the first manufactured models they found an issue mounting the bartop to the base so they made a replacement.

Unfortunately for most people this info didn't come out until after the units shipped and people had trouble putting them together. The SNK MVSX Home Arcade team did post about it, but after the fact. Yes, that was a bit of a SNAFU, but the fact that they produced a whole new part speaks volumes.

I have not had much game time with it yet, but did find an extreme slowdown with the high score save on Magician Lord, which hopefully they can fix.

Very nice quality on this system all around, if they continue to tweak the emulation and fix any glitches this should be a nice setup. I'll enjoy it until my house remodel when I can finally move my Gold cabs into the house.

BlackaneseNiNjA not sure if you're on Facebook but there are Unico team members in the Neo Geo MVSX Alliance group who I'm sure would like to know about the issues you found.

BlackaneseNiNjA

The Fatal Fury Disciple
15 Year Member
Finally put mine together last night, as they produced an "alternate base top" which was shipped separate. Apparently on some of the first manufactured models they found an issue mounting the bartop to the base so they made a replacement.

Unfortunately for most people this info didn't come out until after the units shipped and people had trouble putting them together. The SNK MVSX Home Arcade team did post about it, but after the fact. Yes, that was a bit of a SNAFU, but the fact that they produced a whole new part speaks volumes.

I have not had much game time with it yet, but did find an extreme slowdown with the high score save on Magician Lord, which hopefully they can fix.

Very nice quality on this system all around, if they continue to tweak the emulation and fix any glitches this should be a nice setup. I'll enjoy it until my house remodel when I can finally move my Gold cabs into the house.

BlackaneseNiNjA not sure if you're on Facebook but there are Unico team members in the Neo Geo MVSX Alliance group who I'm sure would like to know about the issues you found.

Hey TMOSteel, I'm not on facebook but if you or anyone else want to share the issues in my previous posts with Unico so that they can take a look that would be awesome.

The Magician Lord score initials entry screen also has the slow error on the Neo Geo Mini as well. This person managed to capture a video of the problem occurring on the mvsx that you also experienced:

UPDATE: I went ahead and sent the notes to Unico via email; hopefully they will take a look and take care of it.

Last edited:

NeoCverA

RevQuixo. Who He?,
20 Year Member
So on ASP we went and tested and I’ve passed along our results to Unico team.

We have a biosmenu on HyloStick and we ran magician lord through all of the individual bios as well as unibios.

All bios selected exhibit this behavior with the game; however, unibios does not.

So they would need to make adjustments at the emulator level with raster or frame skipping etc.

BlackaneseNiNjA

The Fatal Fury Disciple
15 Year Member
So on ASP we went and tested and I’ve passed along our results to Unico team.

We have a biosmenu on HyloStick and we ran magician lord through all of the individual bios as well as unibios.

All bios selected exhibit this behavior with the game; however, unibios does not.

So they would need to make adjustments at the emulator level with raster or frame skipping etc.

Awesome! Thank you for helping to pass these issues along to the Unico team :buttrock:

The responded really quickly to the call for violence settings in Samurai Shodown and Metal Slug, so hopefully we will see some updates/fixes soon.

BlackaneseNiNjA

The Fatal Fury Disciple
15 Year Member
Just a quick update: I received an email response from Unico this morning stating that they were going to check with R&D regarding the feedback and suggestions. Hopefully they can get the issues taken care of :buttrock:

itsofrustratin

Rasputin's Rose Gardener
Apparently they have a pending deal with a Canadian supplier so it should be available in Canada soon.

Has anyone tried modding it for more games?

Just a quick update: I received an email response from Unico this morning stating that they were going to check with R&D regarding the feedback and suggestions. Hopefully they can get the issues taken care of :buttrock:
Thanks, well done! Sounds like a good “teamwork”!

Apparently they have a pending deal with a Canadian supplier so it should be available in Canada soon.

Has anyone tried modding it for more games?

There has been some official mumblings about upcoming updates that will add more Neo games for a price. It will be implemented using the USB input, I am guessing and the games list is up for discussion. What games should be expected?

Digmac

Leona's Therapist
There has been some official mumblings about upcoming updates that will add more Neo games for a price. It will be implemented using the USB input, I am guessing and the games list is up for discussion. What games should be expected?

Riding Hero Dion GP.

Riding Hero is a good candidate since Unico has only put put games published by SNK. No third party titles are generally on their products but there may be some I don't know about. Other SNK properties I would like to see are Nam75 and King of Monsters.

Also no Turf Masters is a disappointment so maybe that will be on the second release. Not sure how much memory is available on the machine.

The thing has to be plug and play for me though.

itsofrustratin

Rasputin's Rose Gardener
Riding Hero is a good candidate since Unico has only put put games published by SNK. No third party titles are generally on their products but there may be some I don't know about. Other SNK properties I would like to see are Nam75 and King of Monsters.

Also no Turf Masters is a disappointment so maybe that will be on the second release. Not sure how much memory is available on the machine.

The thing has to be plug and play for me though.

anything but a fighting game im hoping. Neo stuff is always heavy on fighting games but the MVSX is particularly heavy on fighters. I would like to see some puzzle games and some more obscure titles like Super Dodgeball. Neo Turf masters is a must i agree

anything but a fighting game im hoping. Neo stuff is always heavy on fighting games but the MVSX is particularly heavy on fighters. I would like to see some puzzle games and some more obscure titles like Super Dodgeball. Neo Turf masters is a must i agree

If it hadn't been for some sports titles I probably would have passed on this unit myself. Although I enjoy a couple rounds of an unfamiliar fighter its not a staple in my game play. I will probably play more of the sports titles than anything else. There is a rumored update coming that will add more titles.

itsofrustratin

Rasputin's Rose Gardener
Available now in Canada at Canada Computers for $600CAD which is cheaper than the $500 usd so bit of a break there. Compared to Arcade1up which sells their units for more even with the exchange taken into account

Last edited:

ShaolinAce

Ninja Combat Warrior
Available now in Canada at Canada Computers for $600CAD which is cheaper than the $500 usd so bit of a break there. Compared to Arcade1up which sells their units for more even with the exchange taken into account

Yeah thats what sucks about the exchange rate. I think only Australia is worse off than we are. There are certain sales of arcade1up at bestbuy. Just haven't tried going for it yet. Or saving up.

BlackaneseNiNjA

The Fatal Fury Disciple
15 Year Member
For those interested:

Unit expansions and support incoming from Unico:

• Emulator fixes
  • More games (additional game packs)*
  • New options
  • Region selection
  • Firmware updates
  • More
*They are also hoping to get titles like Matrimelee and SVC Chaos

Big thank you to Unqualified Critics and Bill M.! :buttrock:

Last edited:

Hine62

Krauser's Shoe Shiner
I can't wait for some expansion packs. It would be nice to have a balance of games. Some shmups would be great.

SignOfGoob

Butthurt Enthusiast
20 Year Member
I’m still stunned that anyone with real Neo stuff would pay money for this, devote space to this, to play this even for money. It’s dollar store spinner rimz fake as hell whalers on the moon nonsense.

What’s worse than shitty Happ bat handle sticks and concave buttons? Bootleg bat handle sticks and concave buttons in a Street Fighter button config at twice the price of a Pandora’s box...

The only nice thing I can say about it, and I’m amazed this is true, is that it actually comes with a 4:3 screen. They aren’t %100.00 clueless, that’s nice.

WZ1

n00b
Modded mine with Seimitsu parts, found the original stick to be somewhat OK, but the buttons super crap. Now it's fun to use and I hope for more games...

NeoCverA

RevQuixo. Who He?,
20 Year Member
Those are nice for the ASP but concave all the way on the mvsx.