MVS with vertical lines, help !

Jarryson

New Challenger
Hi all,

I have a MVS with "Color Ram error" and I have solved this errorm there was a bad trace.

Now I have bad graphics. When I touched the left slot conector the image was fine, buy when I turn off the MVS and power on again has bad graphics.

I have replaced some video chips, I have replaced the LSPC2-A2 and I have tested all pins, no shorts, I have resoldered the Neo B1, and I have repaired 4 bad traces, but the problem is still there.

I have resoldered both slot conectos too.

Now I cant get fine graphics, only bad graphics all time.

I dont know what more can I do. I have cleaned the board but no lucky.

Neo Diagnostics Bios show all is Ok.

Pics of graphics:

2nbsl55.jpg

141ty08.jpg

Attachments

• ipz4hh.jpg
    ipz4hh.jpg
    201.5 KB · Views: 85

Atro

Who?,
20 Year Member
which mvs board is this?

He says "I have resoldered both slot conectos too". Most certainly it's an MV2.
He unfortunately may have the NEO-257 near the battery dead, needing replacement.

Jarryson

New Challenger
Sorry, when I say "slot conector" I want to say the white pieces with the numbers 1A...50A...1B...50B...

Is a MV1FZ board.

I dont know If I want follow repairing this board, because I have replaced video rams, backup ramps...cpu..ls05, 74ls273...and I have broken some traces which are repaired but I dont know if the board has more broken traces, I have tested rams, bios, cpu lines and seems to be ok.

If you know what more can I do, I can try more.

The battery has been replaced too, the board hasnt "corroded" traces.

Last edited:

aha2940

AH, A, COLUMBIAN!,
Sorry, when I say "slot conector" I want to say the white pieces with the numbers 1A...50A...1B...50B...

Is a MV1FZ board.

I assume the white pieces are the ones that connect both boards of the MV1FZ (the cart slot part and the board part), because cart slots are not white, but black AFAIK. If so, have you considered checking the cart slot board? or are you 100% positive that part has no problem at all?

Regards.

Jarryson

New Challenger
I have done some progress.

I have been resoldering all chips and solving some shorts in LSPC, i have solved a z80 error too, and now I can see the coin text, bars, etc fine, I imagine L0 ROM is working fine, but I have still vertical issues...

I have checked all traces of L0 ROM and all is ok, LSPC and B1 dont have shorts...

This is what I have now:

24ozmoo.jpg

2emo67q.jpg

Anybody knows how I can continue?

Jarryson

New Challenger
Check the ZMC2 connections

Xian, thanks to reply.

Is the zmc2 traces in neogeodev ? (schematics)

Edit: I have seen the schematics of neogeodev but I cant read the numbers and letters, so I dont know how am going to check connections.

Last edited:

fremen

Hardened Shock Trooper
Hi Jarrison,

To read the numbers and letters you need to pick in the pictures of the neowiki.

Saludos

Jarryson

New Challenger
Thanks fremen, I have sent you other PM in the other forum.

The problem is seeing the pinout I dont know where are connected the pins, for example C0-C31 in the ZMC2...

I have tried other thing. The actual ZMC2 I have soldered, is from other MVS (remember I have changed all chips of this board).
Tonight I replaced it with the ZMC2 of this board and I saw all black, no backgrounds, no characters, no Neo Geo logo...but yes the power bars, texts (level-4, coins,etc).

So I desoldered the last ZMC2 and resoldered the ZMC2 I was using at first.

Last edited: