MVS Silver Warranty Stickers

sunny451

n00b
Does anyone give a shit about the silver warranty sticker on the sides of MVS carts? I've dealt with a few sellers who refuse to open up carts because they don't want to cut the sticker. Does this really add to the value of the cart? I can't see why.sticker.jpg

shadowkn55

Genbu's Turtle Keeper
15 Year Member
Generally you ask sellers to open carts if you have second thoughts on its authenticity. If it has that sticker, more likely than not, it's authentic. There is no reason to ask a seller to slice it open for your personal doubts.

gusmoney

Unsure if You Asked, For a custom Rank, But Hell,
10 Year Member
Their being cut is a sure sign that unstable air has permeated the cartridge and rendered it uncollectable or shelf-worthy.

Heinz

Parteizeit
15 Year Member
You can't see why some neckbeard fedora wearing basement collector with shelves upon shelves of games would think that an undisturbed warranty label is worth more than one whose label has been tampered with?

DO YOU KNOW WHERE YOU ARE!?

giphy.gif

sunny451

n00b
Generally you ask sellers to open carts if you have second thoughts on its authenticity. If it has that sticker, more likely than not, it's authentic. There is no reason to ask a seller to slice it open for your personal doubts.

I agree for the most part. But some legitimate titles like Fatal Fury, Art of Fighting, Samurai Showdown II and others have variants with eproms. I usually try to find the versions without eproms.

sunny451

n00b
You can't see why some neckbeard fedora wearing basement collector with shelves upon shelves of games would think that an undisturbed warranty label is worth more than one whose label has been tampered with?

DO YOU KNOW WHERE YOU ARE!?

giphy.gif

Good point.

shadowkn55

Genbu's Turtle Keeper
15 Year Member
I agree for the most part. But some legitimate titles like Fatal Fury, Art of Fighting, Samurai Showdown II and others have variants with eproms. I usually try to find the versions without eproms.

At that point, you'll have to play the numbers game and roll the dice.

madman

Blame madman, You Know You Want To.,
Not everything is a bootleg, n00b. You should do some research before you go around asking every seller for pics.

GohanX

Horrible Goose
20 Year Member
Stop being a collectard faget and play some Samurai Shodown.

sunny451

n00b
Not everything is a bootleg, n00b. You should do some research before you go around asking every seller for pics.

I didn't say everything is a bootleg. I was making the distinction between legitimate carts with eproms and those without. As for our earlier interaction, I've never bought anything on this site before and was a bit wary. Sorry if I hurt your feelings little buddy.

madman

I didn't say everything is a bootleg. I was making the distinction between legitimate carts with eproms and those without. As for our earlier interaction, I've never bought anything on this site before and was a bit wary. Sorry if I hurt your feelings little buddy.

Feelings aren't hurt, n00bster. Like I said, do some research before you go around looking like a goddam retard. Too late for that here, but I mean, for elsewhere.

sunny451

n00b
Feelings aren't hurt, n00bster. Like I said, do some research before you go around looking like a goddam retard. Too late for that here, but I mean, for elsewhere.

Says the guy who says shit like "n00b" and "n00bster" without any sense of irony.

sunny451

n00b
You won't last 6 months here.

You might be right. Am I gonna get shanked in the yard or something? According to all the movies I've seen I should either kick someone's ass or join a gang. Tough decision. Maybe I should start a poll. Or maybe I should just start calling everyone "n00b" like a 12-year-old with an XBOX and the latest Call of Duty.

Karou

Gandalf Of Gibberish,
10 Year Member
Genjuro drinking av is good taste. Wanting to hurt the stickers is bad tho. Knowledge of cart info is Strong. Bending over for Mr Muddbutt is low. Please dont hurt the stickers anymore they arent repro labels. If you must have certain boards try to find some hockey puck ones people will open, seemed like commons to me?3 posts... 3 in a row. Jus cuz your av is cool does not warant spam. There is a thing about the market. Even after you can look what pops up isnt really for you anyhow? And if you try to make teh scoops? Well good luck or whatever.

Last edited:

sunny451

n00b
Genjuro drinking av is good taste. Wanting to hurt the stickers is bad tho. Knowledge of cart info is Strong. Bending over for Mr Muddbutt is low. Please dont hurt the stickers anymore they arent repro labels. If you must have certain boards try to find some hockey puck ones people will open, seemed like commons to me?

Sounds good. Thanks. And you're right, It was silly and unproductive to get into it with Mr Muddbutt. I should focus on what brought me here in the first place: my love of video games.

wyo

King of Spammers
10 Year Member
I am not going to void my 90 day warranty just to indulge your OCD EPROM search.

ggallegos1

Cholecystectomy Required.,
10 Year Member
If you're that worried about if it's a boot, cut that sticker and open it up. Play your games, don't let them play you.

sunny451

n00b
If you're that worried about if it's a boot, cut that sticker and open it up. Play your games, don't let them play you.

Very true. I need to take charge of my game collection. That last line is pretty good. I think it would look good on a banner.

sunny451

n00b
Stop being a collectard faget and play some Samurai Shodown.

That's a good point. Samurai Shodown is an amazing series. I also agree that it's good to play the games you buy. It gives your collecting a purpose. Currently I'm trying to 1cc Aero Fighters 2. Kind of a tangent here, but I love how a lot of old games kind of forced you to set your own limitations to get the most out of them.

Last edited:

madman

That last line is pretty good. I think it would look good on a banner.
You should get a banner made with that saying and hang it above your shelves of games. But before that, learn to use multiquote.

FilthyRear

Neo-Geo.com's, Top Rated Bully.,
15 Year Member
Very true. I need to take charge of my game collection. That last line is pretty good. I think it would look good on a banner.

what the fuck does it matter if he opens the cart or not? As you've demonstrated with the last thread you made about that BAM, you'll just buy it without doing any due diligence and then expect your money back.

Heinz

Parteizeit
15 Year Member
Buy the fucking game, open it, fuck it, cum all over it but for the love of god fucking play the cunt of a thing! JUST STOP TALKING ABOUT IT!