[MVS] Samurai Spirits V

supergoose

Die Gans,
20 Year Member
Rating - 96.4%
27   1   0
I wanted to keep this as trade bait but need to pay for a car repair and would rather continue saving up for a new camera, so...

75€ shipped (registered airmail) to almost anywhere in the world.

SSV_1.JPG

SSV_2.JPG

SSV_3.JPG

The PCB that sits on top of the V1 is 100% legit:
http://www.mvs-scans.com/index.php/Samurai_Shodown_V

Fakk2

Crossed Swords 2 Bootleg Artist.,
Rating - 100%
55   0   0

Westcb

Give an Azn, A Break Here!,
Rating - 100%
10   0   0
I've always wondered what that little pcb was for on mine. I don't think I have any EPROMs on either, probably just a corrupt rom fix? Would be neat if you could just change a couple Roms and make it a samsho5 special

supergoose

Die Gans,
20 Year Member
Rating - 96.4%
27   1   0
Any idea why there are 2 EPRoms, and what they changed with the game on them?
I bought a few of those carts years ago and all of them had those EPRoms. Some had a silver label on the window while most had white ones like the ones in the picture. What's really strange is that there are SSV carts that don't have the litte PCB on the V1 chip.

wyo

King of Spammers
10 Year Member
Rating - 100%
340   0   0
I bought a few of those carts years ago and all of them had those EPRoms. Some had a silver label on the window while most had white ones like the ones in the picture. What's really strange is that there are SSV carts that don't have the litte PCB on the V1 chip.

Factory soldering on the back of the EPROMs? I've only ever seen the type that's on MVS Scans, but they don't have every revision of every game posted.

Fakk2

Rating - 100%
55   0   0

One thing is for certain, mine do not have EPROMs on them at all, so I am just wondering if they changed something on the game, kind of like a last minute change of the game roms, as I find it strange that both Prog Roms would be corrupt, and those eproms seem factory done as well. Very similar to the Pochi and Nyaa MVS carts floating around that I have seen. That little gold circle on the MVS sticker signifies that they made some kind of change, and every game that contains that sticker also seems to contain an EPROM inside in place of a normal masked rom. I just wish I knew what they changed on those games. I also wish I could find a Pochi and Nyaa MVS cart that does not have that golden sticker and eproms.

wyo

King of Spammers
10 Year Member
Rating - 100%
340   0   0
every game that contains that sticker also seems to contain an EPROM inside in place of a normal masked rom

This is not correct. Couple of examples: SSVS, Last Blade 2.

Fakk2

Rating - 100%
55   0   0
This is not correct. Couple of examples: SSVS, Last Blade 2.

Hey Wyo, can you please show me these pics that you speak of please? Also, please remember, some people do replace different boards into different cases, as I even swap cases with boards, and keep the boards that have no eproms, and keep which ever case has the best looking sticker, so perhaps you found a borad that has that sticker on it, but it contains no eproms inside, but, perhaps it originally did.

Not calling you a liar at all, but, I am just stating that every single game that I have run across that had that little gold round circle sticker placed onto the cart sticker contained at least one eprom inside as some kind of revision, and is usually the P rom or M1 Rom. Not sure why this is though, and if that little gold circular sticker does not signify that the game is revised, then what do you suppose that it means? Just curious. :)