MVS Repair in Richmond, VA

Sorry for repost from "n00b forum"..

Hello all! This is a bit of a shot in the dark but I will try anyway..
I have a Neo-Geo MVS that stopped working a few months ago. I tried replacing the board but that did not help. When it boots it goes
into test mode with most of the player 1 inputs showing as pressed (even though they are not).

If anyone lives not too far from Richmond, VA and would be interested in repairing it, please send me a message with an estimated fee for
your time/labor (of course I will cover any parts). Also a brief description of your experience with the awesome MVS system (when it's working!).

Thanks for looking.

aha2940

AH, A, COLUMBIAN!,
Maybe posting more details will help, like which board model is it? you said you replaced it, strange that changing the whole board does not solve the isse, so you have two broken boards? maybe the lever/buttons or JAMMA harness are faulty?

Regards.

segasonicfan

Camel Slug
Maybe posting more details will help, like which board model is it? you said you replaced it, strange that changing the whole board does not solve the isse, so you have two broken boards? maybe the lever/buttons or JAMMA harness are faulty?

Regards.

+1. if you replace the whole PCB then u have a cab issue. Otherwise your input resistors and probably your pallete / input ASIC is dead.

BIG BEAR

SHOCKbox Developer,
20 Year Member
Reads like there could be Ground wire interference from the Jamma harness or another location.
BB