MVS MV-1C Unibios Issues

borgi

n00b
I bought a consolized MVS and it was working fine at first, playing original carts (KoF '98), but then I started getting error messages that stopped my games. The error messages are always slightly different. I e-mailed the person who sold me the MVS and they told me to "push down on the unibios, maybe it got loose". I opened up the console to look at the PCB and it doesn't look like any of the images when I search for "MV-1C Unibios". Any idea what could actually fix this problem? IMG-0601 (2).jpgIMG-0599 (1).jpg

pier

Crazed MVS Addict
if you look up to the fuse there are 2 chip sandwiched, the top one is the unibios. check if all legs are rightly soldered with the original rom legs

borgi

n00b
Thanks. Forgive my ignorance, but are the 2 legs on the bottom left supposed to be off the board like that?

IMG-0603.jpg

shadowkn55

Genbu's Turtle Keeper
15 Year Member
It is safe to leave those two pins unconnected.

borgi

n00b
Hmm...well it seems like everything is connected then. This is what I get for buying a CBox.

ack

Ninja Combat Warrior
15 Year Member
Try cleaning the cart(s) and the cart slot.

DaisyAge

Galford's Armourer
4th pin from the left on the bottom of the unibios (towards the jamma connector) looks a little wonky in the picture. Can you see if it's connected? If you have a multimeter, test for continuity between the top and bottom of each pin on the unibios. That will at least rule out that much.

borgi

n00b
Thanks that is helpful. I do not have a multimeter. I also do not have a soldering iron...I'm assuming I need one to ensure connection? If so, any budget recommendations?

NexusX

Astra Superstar
Thanks that is helpful. I do not have a multimeter. I also do not have a soldering iron...I'm assuming I need one to ensure connection? If so, any budget recommendations?

Plenty cost effective soldering irons on Amazon that will do the trick. You may want to just consider a Neo Bios Masta and a regular Unibios install. Bypass that whole mess.

borgi

n00b
Plenty cost effective soldering irons on Amazon that will do the trick. You may want to just consider a Neo Bios Masta and a regular Unibios install. Bypass that whole mess.

I think that’s the route I’ll go. Thanks everyone for the help.

pier

Crazed MVS Addict
by the way i have found very interesting to use unibios on a surface mounting chip

DaisyAge

Galford's Armourer
VMC has been out of stock for a few months. But there's a newsletter you can subscribe to that will notify you if they go back on sale

Hawwa

B. Jenet's Firstmate
Or PM Brian on twitter. I did andhe told me via PM when it was for sale again.

He also publishes interesting vg stuff so...

The twitter username is @turfmasta