MVS multi-slot system and stopping automatic game cycling?

Sememmon

Crazed MVS Addict
Greets~

Just a quick question... any of you know if there's a way to make it so a MV-4F (or any multislot mvs for that matter) doesn't cycle through games automatically when it isn't being played? I'd like to set it up so it remains on demoing one game until the Select-Game button is pressed. Is there any way to force it to do this (perhaps a dip switch?)?

Please advise.. thanks!

Razoola

Divine Hand of the UniBIOS,
Staff member
20 Year Member
There is no way to do that as far as I know.

Raz

Sememmon

Crazed MVS Addict
ttooddddyy said:
Maybe for the next version Raz ;)

:drool_2: I agree, if its a bios thing.

I would think this would be desireable if you have a game that you really like the intro/demo for... *shrug*

J0e Musashi

Metal Slug Mechanic
Why don't you get a 1-slot? I just don't understand this thread. The ability to do such a thing in Unibios would be of no benefit to anyone other than yourself.

Sememmon

Crazed MVS Addict
J0e Musashi said:
Why don't you get a 1-slot? I just don't understand this thread. The ability to do such a thing in Unibios would be of no benefit to anyone other than yourself.

I don't want a 1-slot because I already have a 4-slot and I like it very much. :buttrock:

Actually, I was just asking if it was possible at all .. via a dip switch setting or whatever. When I was posting this, I never thought about the whole UniBios thing. But in all honesty, I'm not interested in setting it up on your system anyway. Or anyone else's. Just mine. So, yes, it would only benefit me. But then, I play my cabinet. Not yours. :annoyed:

And who knows, maybe someone else out there might enjoy this feature.

As to your not understanding the thread.. Don't think I can help you there. It seemed pretty simple and straightforward to me. Maybe you need to reread it again or something. :conf:

chris1

POCKETBIKE NUT,
I've been wanting to write this though It really has nothing to do with the question asked...well. :(

I'm pretty sure Jockey Grand Prix will stay stuck in it's demo in a multi cart board.....(?)..and will not demo to other games..
I had this cart in my 2 slot and it would not demo stop to the next game,it just stayed stuck on the Jockey Grand Prix demo....And I forget if I was able to "select switch" to the next game...(?)
Honestly when I had the game in the two slot and saw that it would not demo over to the next game I took it out(after playing it) because I was in fear that it might screw something up.....Figuring I'd just plug in my 1 slot PCB into the cab if I wanted to play this game in the future.
Should I be worried that this cart might screw something up in the 2 slot board by going to the next games demo..(?)

What I'm getting at with this is....
What keeps Jockey Grand Prix from going to the next carts demo.?.... Is it in the carts programming.(what chip).
Can a mod be done to a cart to keep it stuck in it's demo..as in comparison to Jockey Grand Prix.

Thinking about demos in games..Aero Fighter 3 has a very long demo...Sometimes I think It'll never stop and go to the next game.. :eek_2:

...........................................................................................
Though I totally understand what the topic is asking..

Thinking of options:
1 slot hooked up to a dual pcb harness/set-up... with the 4 slot/running the 1 slot to keep that particular game demo looping....then if the 4 slot is to be used/played ...switch over to it..

Sememmon

Crazed MVS Addict
chris1 said:
I've been wanting to write this though It really has nothing to do with the question asked...well. :(
*snip*

Wow, that's wacky. =(

I've had a similar issue with SSVS, only it would still cycle to the next game.. I just couldn't hit my Select Game button to make it move to the next game without powering the system off/on again. Very weird.

Have you tried that game with only UniBios or normal bios and not the other? I was considering trying my SSVS with normal bios just to see if it played differently.

chris1

POCKETBIKE NUT,
Sememmon said:
Wow, that's wacky. =(

I've had a similar issue with SSVS, only it would still cycle to the next game.. I just couldn't hit my Select Game button to make it move to the next game without powering the system off/on again. Very weird.

Have you tried that game with only UniBios or normal bios and not the other? I was considering trying my SSVS with normal bios just to see if it played differently.

I've only tried it so far in a 2 slot US bios mobo.....I guess I could try it the Candy cab with/4 slot Uni Bios chip.

but I'm pretty sure the game was made not to demo to other games....As if it is a must to put it in a 1 slot mobo..
(read that somewhere,here)

What I need to do is see if I can even sellect to the next game..I may not even be able to do that..

ttooddddyy

PNG FTW,
I guess you could always only insert the one cart that you wish to see cycle in the 4 slot board set :rolleyes:

Razoola

Divine Hand of the UniBIOS,
Staff member
20 Year Member
I think Jockey GP gets stuck simply because it dosent call the bios normally like other games do (because its a gambling game). I wouldent be surprised if v-liner did the same thing.

Raz

chris1

POCKETBIKE NUT,
Sorry for derailing the thread..

Check this out.
I put Jockey Grand Prix in the 2 Slot in SLOT 1..with Tecmo World Soccer 96 in SLOT 2..As I turn on the cab I can hear a different tone in the Neo Start-up music(tinny)..Though Jockey Grand Prix is in the first slot Tecmo World Soccer 96 starts first....then after Tecmo World Soccer 96 demo plays through it will switch to Jockey Grand Prix ...
But I can't switch out of Jockey Grand Prix once the game is started..It locks in Jockey Grand Prix and I can't switch to Tecmo World Soccer 96.....The Demo of Jockey Grand Prix just keeps playing over and over.

(Tinny Start-up screen sound is caused by Tecmo World Soccer 96)

I can switch(select switch) out of Tecmo World Soccer 96 to Jockey Grand Prix then the Select switch does nothing once selected to Jockey Grand Prix ..it locks into Jockey Grand Prix as if Jockey Grand Prix is the only game in the cab..

Changed the Carts around Tecmo World Soccer 96 in slot one..I still get the tinny Neo Start up sound and Tecmo World Soccer 96 starts first....Same as above.

Here's a weird one..When Jockey Grand Prix is in Slot one of the 2 slot.. I get this "YES" on screen in the Soft Dips if I press the A button....Only if I press the A button..Otherwise nothing is there..

2005_0722_171441AA.jpg

Otherwise nothing is there..
2005_0722_171434AA.jpg

When Jockey Grand Prix is in the Second slot get this Min/sec....I have no clue what it is for..(?)
Also by pressing the A button....otherwise nothing is shown..Blank..
I can set it to 00min/00 sec and I see no change in the game/demo etc..
2005_0722_172928AA.jpg

The cab is set on freeplay.(dip#7)..Though I can start Tecmo World Soccer 96 with freeplay.. I can't start Jockey Grand Prix unless I put credits in by using the Coin door chutes...The control panel buttons do nothing unless I credit the cab.
2005_0722_173544AA.jpg

If I press the Service Credits a screen comes up and by holding the button "in"during the demo I can press the A button for Player 1 & 2 and give credits..as many as I want..
2005_0722_174453AA.jpg

After credit If I hold in the Service Credit button I get this screen..
Credit Up= A button each side..Credit Clear=player 1 or 2 each side.
2005_0722_174414AA.jpg

If the game is in play(A race is in progress) pressing the Service Credit button just adds credits to the coin counter in the CP../Credits both sides..

I don't know what I did but some sort of in game siren was going off warning me that a hopper was empty.. :D

Oh,yea I lose..suck.. :p
2005_0722_173537AA.jpg

Sememmon

Crazed MVS Addict
ttooddddyy said:
I guess you could always only insert the one cart that you wish to see cycle in the 4 slot board set :rolleyes:

Sigh. The point is to have more than one game in the system without cycling. If I wanted to do what you proposed, I'd just get a MV-1F. :oh_no: :rolleyes:

Last edited:

Sememmon

Crazed MVS Addict
chris1 said:
Check this out.
I put Jockey Grand Prix in the 2 Slot in SLOT 1..with Tecmo World Soccer 96 in SLOT 2..As I turn on the cab I can hear a different tone in the Neo Start-up music(tinny)..Though Jockey Grand Prix is in the first slot Tecmo World Soccer 96 starts first....then after Tecmo World Soccer 96 demo plays through it will switch to Jockey Grand Prix ...

*snip*

I have had this same thing occur with other newer games (SSVS, SVC off the top of my head) .. where if the new cart is in slot 1, the cart in slot2 boots and begins the cycle sequence. If I remove all carts except for the new cart, it boots but doesn't boot with the typical screens that the older carts display. Very odd..

Regarding the other oddies you've experienced.. that's just wacky. Do all copies of JGP2 do that? I know my SSVS somehow kills the select game switch after a bit of demoing, but it'll still cycle automatically...