MVS mod for PERFECT 60 Hz output?

CyberDez

n00b
Hello all,
I've three MVS board: MV-1, MV-1F and MV-1FZ.

I've tried all them to connect to my Metz Spectral 84 but none of them is displayed correctly.

MV-1FZ and MV-1F are stable but the colour becomes brighter and darker at regular times

MV-1 has stable color but the image tends to jump up and down at regular times.

All of them works perfectly when connected to a cheap analog 15" Samsung TV set.
My previous experiences with this TV lead me to believe a possible cause could be the Neo Geo RGB output not being at perfect 60 Hz scan rate: MAME tells it has 59.18 Hz

Since I have three boards I can sacrifice one for experiments but an hint would be very useful: is on the MVS boards possible to alter the output video frequency changing a quartz oscillator? If possible, what is the value I should put as replacement for obtain a true 60 Hz output?

On the Metz the 100 Hz can't be disabled so I'm exploring other ways...

Thanks in advance.

CyberDez

aarkay14

n00b
Hello all,
I've three MVS board: MV-1, MV-1F and MV-1FZ.

I've tried all them to connect to my Metz Spectral 84 but none of them is displayed correctly.

MV-1FZ and MV-1F are stable but the colour becomes brighter and darker at regular times

MV-1 has stable color but the image tends to jump up and down at regular times.

All of them works perfectly when connected to a cheap analog 15" Samsung TV set.
My previous experiences with this TV lead me to believe a possible cause could be the Neo Geo RGB output not being at perfect 60 Hz scan rate: MAME tells it has 59.18 Hz

Since I have three boards I can sacrifice one for experiments but an hint would be very useful: is on the MVS boards possible to alter the output video frequency changing a quartz oscillator? If possible, what is the value I should put as replacement for obtain a true 60 Hz output?

On the Metz the 100 Hz can't be disabled so I'm exploring other ways...

Thanks in advance.

CyberDez

I look forward to the answer to this question as well.. :)

nic034

n00b
Hello,

Where is located this crystal please ? :)
It's interesting thanks

Nicolas