MVS Manuals?

RumbleBumble

Rugal's Thug
No is trying to compensate for the lack of funds cause what you really want is the AES period.

Well, it is undoubtedly more cost effective than an AES but actually, once you look into things like the quality of machines like the Omega and Analogue systems, you begin to wonder if you even want an AES any longer.

The thing about a consolized MVS, shock boxes for the games and (hopefully) MVS manuals is that they can be customized to an extent that the AES typically isn't. You can choose which CMVS you want (Omega, Analogue whatever), you can choose the type of shock box and insert you want. And you can get one that's newly made, hot off the production line just for you. No cracked cases or tatty inserts to worry about. And although they're new, they're also not counterfeit replacement cases or inserts either, they're the first that cartridge has ever had. I personally would much rather have a new CMVS than a second hand AES. If MVS manuals like the ones at jamma-nation become available for every game, CMVS will become superior to AES in every way.

Fritz

Annex Florida Coalition, Goodwill Ambassador,
15 Year Member
Mmm candy I like candy!

I see manuals for mvs games as a security flaw really, what if a burglar was to enter your house? see your mvs manuals and then proceed to play the game properly? I just couldn't bare to think it.

That is why it is imperative to hoard up a ton of useless titles for a myriad of different systems. You want to overwhelm the burglar with SO much cluttered plastic that he is completely clueless how to proceed with his robbery.

A new CMVS and a used MVS of course both have used 1 slot's in them so I am not sure how that is a deal breaker.

Last edited:

Electric Grave

So Many Posts
No Time
For Games.
15 Year Member

I love this from the editing stand point, lots of good work done.

The best thing to do with this for me if I need to read instructions is to scroll through them with my tablet or phone if edited accordingly, I did the same with a Neo MOves encyclopedia, its an old site I dunno if it's around anymore but I edited the movesets to I can check them on the fly. That's a great tool.

CMVS might be a console but you really don't need more than just the cart and maybe the arts...you don't need no manual when there are better ways to get it done. An insert is a different story, after all is said and done in the aesthetic side of the spectrum, there are 2 types of MVS players; The driven ones that clean everything and relabel as needed...and the ones that don't give a shit and just wanna play their games...neither is wrong...but let's go a bit farther with the Driven MVS Player, all that effort of cleaning and relabeling it's usually matched with a little improvement mentality thus the Shockboxes, a great idea, really, way better than any carboard kit box, I have empty kit boxes 'cause I prefer them in shcockboxes, a nice uniform look that provides customability, a cool insert and you're all set, the rest is just filler and that's what this MVS manual idea is...just filler, no substance...case closed.

RumbleBumble

Rugal's Thug
I love this from the editing stand point, lots of good work done.

The best thing to do with this for me if I need to read instructions is to scroll through them with my tablet or phone if edited accordingly, I did the same with a Neo MOves encyclopedia, its an old site I dunno if it's around anymore but I edited the movesets to I can check them on the fly. That's a great tool.

CMVS might be a console but you really don't need more than just the cart and maybe the arts...you don't need no manual when there are better ways to get it done. An insert is a different story, after all is said and done in the aesthetic side of the spectrum, there are 2 types of MVS players; The driven ones that clean everything and relabel as needed...and the ones that don't give a shit and just wanna play their games...neither is wrong...but let's go a bit farther with the Driven MVS Player, all that effort of cleaning and relabeling it's usually matched with a little improvement mentality thus the Shockboxes, a great idea, really, way better than any carboard kit box, I have empty kit boxes 'cause I prefer them in shcockboxes, a nice uniform look that provides customability, a cool insert and you're all set, the rest is just filler and that's what this MVS manual idea is...just filler, no substance...case closed.

Case closed? Come on, this is all just opinion on both sides. If some people want manuals then they want manuals, for whatever reasons they have for wanting them.

And yeah, the jamma-nation ones are really nice.

Electric Grave

So Many Posts
No Time
For Games.
15 Year Member
Case closed, you have no say in this, learn your place, noob...lol.

Neo Gold

(no need to shout), Because Rot is Watching YOU!
Me , personally ..MVS manuals..no thanks, i had the AES collection & don't want that again...never read them anyways!?..
I don't even want to waste my time on fake ass inserts either...pointless, i have two blank shockboxes i got in a deal..that's it..some of my mvs is in kitform, some are just loose cartridges...thrown in the corner of my room..
Grab the cart, stuff it in the slot & play it.
Think i'll put masking tape on the spines of them & write what's inside...one's strikers & the other is WH Imperfect.

oliverclaude

General Morden's Aide
Mmm candy I like candy!

The how about AES Candy Girls?

Spoiler:
tumblr_nqeo5jfuHn1ram05oo1_500.jpg

Heinz

Parteizeit
15 Year Member
I kid you not I just bought a cart from a seller in France and he taped a candy bar to the back.

That's probably because it was a bootleg and it's a ruse to distract you.