MVS Cab\cart question can you help?

Sllick50

NEST Puppet
I just got a copy of Metal slug 2 for my MVS 4-slot cab. I changed the games out and fired it up. MS2 was in slot 4 and i wanted to play it. When i cycled through to it it just went right back to the 1st game insted of the fourth, I took it out checked it, cleaned it put it back it in and turned it back on and the whole screen went very shakey with horizontal lines through it. It still had the game screen for slot one so i cycled through to slot four and the screen was just green. I took the MS2 out and it worked just fine. Put it back in again and the screen wasent shakey but it did the same thing where it went back to slot 1 instead of 4. I put other games in slot 4 and they work fine. What gives?

Ruell

, I FORGOT MY SECRET SANTA OBLIGATION. FUCK ME, RI
I don't know if you meant you cleaned the cart or the slot, But try cleaning the slot. It might be a loose connection or something of the board itself. But if MS2 is the only game not working in it, then just don't use that game in it.

Sllick50

NEST Puppet
I cleaned the slot and the cart, i just bought this game off the forum here i would prefer to use it.

Neo Gold

(no need to shout), Because Rot is Watching YOU!
sounds like the contacts are residued on the ms2...i would ...'if you can' try it in another mobo...to eliminate yours...if its still the same...then remove all 4-screws from the cart & really clean the contacts...try giving the contacts a light rub with p800 light grade sand-paper...it will not harm it, then clean the residue off with PCB cleaner....if it still does not work , the cart is at fault..
Btw...i have heard that some carts are not compatible with newer carts....whilst plugged into the mobo...i have not experienced this tho...as i have three cabs with 4-6 + 6 respectivley...all with old & new carts plugged in.

vwlunatic

Crossed Swords Squire
Try these scenarios:
MS2 in another slot,
or switch the other games on the board,
or MS2 by itself on the board.

Multisolts can sometimes be a pain as you can run into this kind of situation, depending on what games you have in it.

neotopia

n00b
I have this same problem with my 6-slot mobo, the cart was Last Blade 2. The screen would scramble and sometime when I push the select game button, it would select one of the games twice. I understand that for the 6-slot mobo, I have to put credit in order to select the games. Somehow I was able to select game without putting credit. One time I can only play one game. Another time I put 5 credits, but after I went thru the 6 games cycle, the credit was at 0. Am I being haunted by the spirits of the Samurai?

themisterfalcon

Buriki-One Fight Promoter
15 Year Member
I have problems with my 4slot, sometimes newer titles (KOF 03, SVC) cannot sit in the 4th slot or it won't cycle.

I also had a pos KOF99 that would kill cycling no matter what slot it was in. I gave it to my friend with a 4slot and he had the same problems. Sometimes its just the games?