MVS & AES NEOSD flash card... AES Version ANNOUNCED & AVAILABLE!!

X68

n00b
Thanks for the firmware update :)
What game variants are now supported that weren't previously pls?

TotalMoop

New Challenger
OK.. Upgraded firmware. Set UniBios to USA - Arcade. SoftDips are still grey'd out. How do I use soft dips on AES?
Jukebox works a treat and with the lists its just awesome.

neodev

Neosd Tech
OK.. Upgraded firmware. Set UniBios to USA - Arcade. SoftDips are still grey'd out. How do I use soft dips on AES?
Jukebox works a treat and with the lists its just awesome.

Softdips aren't used on AES mode, change the mode to MVS and they will work (either if your board is actually MVS or an AES). AES mode use fixed dip settings (as a real AES) that depend just on the region.

TotalMoop

New Challenger
I dont quite understand MVS Mode? Where is this setting.. bare in mind I'm using UniBios 3.3 and not the modes of the NeoSD

neodev

Neosd Tech
As per my original post, I have set the Unibios to Arcade-USA. Unibios allows me to change Soft-Dips but in NeoSD they are grey'd out still..

The neosd softdips are useful when neosd controls the machine mode, because AES bioses don't have the code to show the softdips configuration. When it's not handled by neosd, they only work in MVS boards, as the menu checks the hardware type and then if it's overridden by neosd. I guess I might check if it's also being overridden by unibios in the next firmware.

TotalMoop

New Challenger
It certainly looks like UniBios is the problem. Not a problem as I can change the Soft-Dips in Unibios but would have been nice to use the NeoSD GUI instead.. (Even better if it saved the changes for next run!)

Cheers NeoDev.

(Edit) - I can actually select the grey'd out soft-dips settings but when changed, they are ignored.. I guess it's the UniBios which overrides them.

Last edited:

Razoola

Divine Hand of the UniBIOS,
Staff member
20 Year Member
I think if you have a unibios on AES and its set to arcade mode there could be potential for the neoSD and unibios softdip settings to conflict with each other. I though it would more be the other way around though with the neoSD overwriting any softdips set in the unibios. Its been a long time since I looked at the code though so it might be the otherway around.

TotalMoop

New Challenger
I think if you have a unibios on AES and its set to arcade mode there could be potential for the neoSD and unibios softdip settings to conflict with each other. I though it would more be the other way around though with the neoSD overwriting any softdips set in the unibios. Its been a long time since I looked at the code though so it might be the otherway around.

I think it's certainly a NeoSD firmware thing as it's not allowing the SoftDip setting to be changed when the UniBios is set as MVS mode. I'm sure the NeoSD guys will sort it. Just worth it being known that it doesnt work with UniBios for now.

Grendell

Morden's Lackey
Just wanted to say if someone uses my pictures to assemble the mvs card keep in mind i play on a omega and flipped the board , my sd card is on the left side while the sticker is facing me :)

neosd

Neosd Developer
Just wanted to say if someone uses my pictures to assemble the mvs card keep in mind i play on a omega and flipped the board , my sd card is on the left side while the sticker is facing me :)

I have to make a video mounting it by the oposite way :P

Tgames

War Room Troll
@NeoSd, I'm want to apologies for what i say it works perfectly BUT on my Omega i need to push the cartdrige backwards to play it.
That's why it was so difficult to me to mount it (because i thinking like original MVS PCB).
So i try everytime to use it with the label in front of me so the shell can't close.
With the PCB backwards everythink close perfectly and works.
Thanks a lot for your video.

Last edited:

Rot

Calvin & Hobbes, ,
@NeoSd, I'm apologies for what i say it works perfectly BUT on my Omega i need to push the cartdrige backwards to play it.
That's why it was so difficult to me to mount it (because i thinking like original MVS PCB).

Maybe you should ask nicely before you start posting weird stuff man...

Imagine if it happened on your forum... you'd not be pleased...

xROTx

PS. Your forum is messy... maybe you should ask me to sort it out for you... I'm good at shit like that...

Tgames

War Room Troll
Me too i use a Omega CMVS.
So i never thinking about push the cardtridge backwards lol.

neosd

Neosd Developer
@NeoSd, I'm want to apologies for what i say it works perfectly BUT on my Omega i need to push the cartdrige backwards to play it.
So i try everytime to use it with the label in front of me so the shell can't close.
With the PCB backwards everythink close perfectly and works.

np, glad you got it working.

The shell is reversible, so the sticker can face upwards in 1 slot horizontal boards such as MV-1fz and in vertial boards such as 1 slot or 4slots boards, you have to flip the boards inside the shell to fit your boards (to get the label facing the front ...)

Thanks

GadgetUK

Ace Ghost Pilot
How to mount the shell :

Excellent! They are great =D You beat me to my video, I filmed it on Monday but didn't have time to upload until this evening.
[video=youtube_share;YItSp6tMYWI]https://www.youtube.com/edit?o=U&video_id=YItSp6tMYWI[/video]

Last edited:

neosd

Neosd Developer
Excellent! They are great =D You beat me to my video, I filmed it on Monday but didn't have time to upload until this evening.
[video=youtube_share;YItSp6tMYWI]https://www.youtube.com/edit?o=U&video_id=YItSp6tMYWI[/video]

I did one about 1 month ago to show 1.06 functions, it needs some audio dubbing cause i can´t talk proper english.
A friend of mine tried to help me with the english dubbing but its pretty hard to sync the voices there (cause the timmings)

Anyways, its worth a watch

Rot

Calvin & Hobbes, ,
I did one about 1 month ago to show 1.06 functions, it needs some audio dubbing cause i can´t talk proper english.
A friend of mine tried to help me with the english dubbing but its pretty hard to sync the voices there (cause the timmings)

I am willing to ask the forum... to help you with fitting the audio file with the youtube video...

There's a few members here who can do it... want me to ask?

xROTx

PS. ANYONE who can do it... please let me know... i'll owe ya'...

Yodd

Iori's Flame
20 Year Member
Time for me to eat crow.

I have made some snide comments recently towards NEOSD and I would like to apologize, formerly, in this thread.

I won't go into all the details, as they aren't too important, but NEOSD reached out to me a while back and due to a misunderstanding and possibly a language barrier, I took their request incorrectly. I was offended when, in reality, I didn't correctly understand what they were asking for.

I guess it's important to keep in mind that we don't all natively speak english even if that's how we communicate on this forum or in email. Sometimes certain words or phrases don't come across with the intended meaning and these kind of incidents happen.

So Alex and NEOSD team, I'm sorry.
:crying: