MVS & AES NEOSD flash card... AES Version ANNOUNCED & AVAILABLE!!

Sceptre_JLRB

Not so MEGA, eh?
:eek::eek::eek:

This topsy-turvy NeoSD cart sticker issue with such a quite easy solution is a good instance of the so-called:

---Spanish cachondeo---

:lolz:

Last edited:

leonk

Marked Wolf
anyone else noticed that when neosd writes the games a whine noise is heard through the speakers? Using xrb mini with neongeo aes. no big deal.

nio

Cheng's Errand Boy
Ha, so I finally contributed something good to the forum. :-)

The funny thing:,When I built my neosd together it was facing down and a felt "hmmm". I actually wrote a post about it. Then I saw the sd slot is on both sides of the case, opened it up again and turned it arround. I liked thatcaes is on one side and mvs on the other. then i edited my post. did not realize that everybody else had the same issue. i thought its just me. :-)

So I can be demanding again, where can I buy a snap case + inley for th neosd?

Gummy Bear

Windjammers Wonder
anyone else noticed that when neosd writes the games a whine noise is heard through the speakers? Using xrb mini with neongeo aes. no big deal.

Yeah that was mentioned a while ago.
Mine does it too.
I think it's normal. Yours isn't broken :)

sparksterz

Camel Slug
Yeah that was mentioned a while ago.
Mine does it too.
I think it's normal. Yours isn't broken :)

Many other flash carts do the same thing. I suspect due to the additional power draw it is using while copying the game to memory causes some slight interference.

Pinball

Kula's Candy
Is it the same neo roms that go on the MVS and AES carts, or is there a different set for each?

Judge Dredd

Administrator
Staff member
Well actually I've mostly been on pinside and other pinball forums, but I take your point!

How can I activate PM facility? Not having it is as lame as my inability to post.. and certainly doesn't encourage me to bother. But thanks for your friendly reply.

SHITPOSTING REPLIES TO GET UNRESTRICTED IS A LOSING STRATEGY FOR YOU.

Pinball

Kula's Candy
Fair enough :-) Rot ripped me a new one too BTW.

Re your avatar, I have the Judge Dredd pinball machine, and it is awesome.

Back on-topic, I'm expecting the AES and MVS NeoSDs to arrive on Friday, and am really excited, in a way that I haven't been since buying a 6-slot NeoGeo Big Red cab in 1994 :-)

Friends?

manic23

n00b
Just regarding the NeoSD MVS in an Omega, someone asked to post a pic. I am a little confused here, I managed (with some faffing about) to get my board in the shell that was sent with the label facing front. I am guessing now that I must have put it in the wrong way round, but it fits, works and the SD card is accessible OK.

Here is a pic as proof!

Omega 1.jpg
Omega 2.jpg

adsa1971

War Room Troll
So. My order turned up yesterday, and after cuddles and kisses with the package for half an hour I opened it. Wow! I got a case :D. So happy at that point, but still had to get the package home to the MVS. Pop in the Sandisk and away we go. I can only tell you that I am overly impressed. The firmware feels rock solid and has the air of being in constant development for a few years. In other words not flakey. Games start and stop with the only issue being me pressing the right buttons at the right time to get back to the menu. Whomever complains about load times is complaining about fek all. A few minutes wait. Bah! When a cart and team of this magnitude develop such a product, then we need to congratulate and encourage others who can do the same without spewing vapourware. Well done.

Thank you so much Terraonion for making this happen. The price is insignificant compared to happiness given, and I dont part with money easily....

daithidownunder

Krauser's Shoe Shiner
Just regarding the NeoSD MVS in an Omega, someone asked to post a pic. I am a little confused here, I managed (with some faffing about) to get my board in the shell that was sent with the label facing front. I am guessing now that I must have put it in the wrong way round, but it fits, works and the SD card is accessible OK.

Here is a pic as proof!

View attachment 43360
View attachment 43361

Looks great, thanks for posting the picture!

Pinball

Kula's Candy
I should be receiving NeoSD tomorrow :-)

Do you need special software to add the ROMs? What folder on the SD card do they go in?

Heinz

Parteizeit
15 Year Member
I should be receiving NeoSD tomorrow :-)

Do you need special software to add the ROMs? What folder on the SD card do they go in?

There's a guide that comes with it. Read it.

Gatchaman

, ,
Any chance of a Neosd marquee for those of us on mvs? Sorry if this has been answered already. I promise I did a search. Please don't hurt me ROT!!

ckchan

Shlong King,
20 Year Member
Will the neo builder support EGHT hack version in the coming future?

xsq

Thou Shalt Not, Question Rot.,
So, I woke up this morning and realized I intended to answer to a post in here... 3 months ago. Something might be wrong with me.

Just a little bit issue, maybe not related at all with NeoSD.

Nightmare in the Dark. On the NeoSD, the sound fxs when the character jumps and drops on the ground seems to slightly crackle, what is also present with ROMs from different sources. This occurs more prominently when played on MAME, NeoRage and, even more, in the 161-in-1 multicarts. Searching for it on YouTube, there seems to be some videos where the problem is not present:

* No jump/drop sound fx crackling: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=j0jmt37EzFY&t=319s

* Jump/drop sound fx crackling: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=w4vFz_Iqo0U

The question is: Is this crackle sound present in the original game, or is it just a bad dumped ROM (in the same way that of SSVS with its "Basara" pop is)?
It's present on my legit MVS cart as well... NeoSD is awesome.

Carry on.

Sceptre_JLRB

Not so MEGA, eh?
So, I woke up this morning and realized I intended to answer to a post in here... 3 months ago. Something might be wrong with me.

It's present on my legit MVS cart as well... NeoSD is awesome.

Carry on.

Thank you very much for shedding light on this! :) I thought it'd remain as a mystery...

Yes, certainly the NeoSD is so awesome it has helped unravel defects in original games on their legit carts, as showed here or with some sound crackles on Metal Slug 5, and even 'natural graphical glitches' as discovered with Pulstar and its 'screen rectangle displacement' at Stage Select screen. A similar situation is found on another game, Bakatonosama Mahjong Manyuki, where sometimes there is a 'screen vertical bar missing' at title screen. Great if anyone could verify this on legit cart for this not-so-common title.

Razoola

Divine Hand of the UniBIOS,
Staff member
20 Year Member
Thank you very much for shedding light on this! :) I thought it'd remain as a mystery...

Yes, certainly the NeoSD is so awesome it has helped unravel defects in original games on their legit carts, as showed here or with some sound crackles on Metal Slug 5, and even 'natural graphical glitches' as discovered with Pulstar and its 'screen rectangle displacement' at Stage Select screen. A similar situation is found on another game, Bakatonosama Mahjong Manyuki, where sometimes there is a 'screen vertical bar missing' at title screen. Great if anyone could verify this on legit cart for this not-so-common title.

Can you post a picture of the issue.

xelasoma

n00b
Will the NEOSD interfere in any way with existing modifications to an AES console such as 60Hz switches or UniBIOS installations?