MVS & AES NEOSD flash card... AES Version ANNOUNCED & AVAILABLE!!

Well here I am. Long time lurker, first post. I've been working on these custom shockbox inserts and I was hoping to share those first, but instead I'm in the NEOSD thread! I've been long time collector of games, but the announcement of the NEO SD is what made me finally take the plunge into Neo Geo (well that and finding two old carts in an abandoned MVS in japan.)

So my NEOSD finally arrived on my doorstep aaaaand.. the software crashes as soon as the conversion process begins. Even after installing the C++ 2015 Redistributable Update 3. So I find myself at a loss. My PC is running windows 7? I'm not sure what more I can do. Hope I can get the software running soon. Luckily I have a solid chunk of neo geo games to keep me busy in the mean time. Anyone else having this issue? And cheers to the NEOSD crew.. Can't wait to get this working!:)

tcdev

NEST Puppet
Sooo... after waiting months for my NeoSD AES to arrive - it finally arrived today!!! Rushed out and bought a 16GB SDHC card at lunchtime... I've copied all the ROM images to my SD card... inserted it into the NeoSD, then went searching for my AES (stored away whilst my games room is being finished). Found it, set it up on the TV in the lounge room... went to plug it in... and I can't find my step-down transformer anywhere (forgot I needed it)! Arrgghhh!!!!

Last I saw it was over a year ago when I packed up the office. Could be anywhere in dozens of boxes stored in the games room, home office, garage or shed!!! Sooooo frustrating!!! :mad_2:

Looks like I'll be waiting another few days until I can play with my NeoSD... :crying:

neodev

Neosd Tech
Well here I am. Long time lurker, first post. I've been working on these custom shockbox inserts and I was hoping to share those first, but instead I'm in the NEOSD thread! I've been long time collector of games, but the announcement of the NEO SD is what made me finally take the plunge into Neo Geo (well that and finding two old carts in an abandoned MVS in japan.)

So my NEOSD finally arrived on my doorstep aaaaand.. the software crashes as soon as the conversion process begins. Even after installing the C++ 2015 Redistributable Update 3. So I find myself at a loss. My PC is running windows 7? I'm not sure what more I can do. Hope I can get the software running soon. Luckily I have a solid chunk of neo geo games to keep me busy in the mean time. Anyone else having this issue? And cheers to the NEOSD crew.. Can't wait to get this working!:)

Ensure you don't have any dot in the path where the zip files are stored.

Razoola

Divine Hand of the UniBIOS,
Staff member
20 Year Member
Is there a new version of the tool now supporting yesturdays MAME release?

TotalMoop

New Challenger
It's arrived!

6cd965cd9f70ec0ff5f74249296e6c22.jpg
f4b2f38e09d080c67848c2960040bebc.jpg

xsq

Thou Shalt Not, Question Rot.,
Sooo... after waiting months for my NeoSD AES to arrive - it finally arrived today!!! Rushed out and bought a 16GB SDHC card at lunchtime... I've copied all the ROM images to my SD card... inserted it into the NeoSD, then went searching for my AES (stored away whilst my games room is being finished). Found it, set it up on the TV in the lounge room... went to plug it in... and I can't find my step-down transformer anywhere (forgot I needed it)! Arrgghhh!!!!

Last I saw it was over a year ago when I packed up the office. Could be anywhere in dozens of boxes stored in the games room, home office, garage or shed!!! Sooooo frustrating!!! :mad_2:

Looks like I'll be waiting another few days until I can play with my NeoSD... :crying:
BbGnQpp.gif

Heinz

Parteizeit
15 Year Member
Lol tcdev why the hell do you use a stepdown? Buy a 5v or 9v ac adaptor from jcar and simplify life.

Razoola

Staff member
20 Year Member
I does look real nice, a real shame the last fix was not done to the art though. Any reason why it was not done given it was mentioned the same time as the logo in the bottom right and that was corrected?

Can you take a picture from the spine of the cart also se we can see how that looks?

neosd

Neosd Developer
Hello,

Lack of time to get in touch with Alien (the designer) and submit the stickers to be printed. We had no time left to not have another delay.

Thanks

I does look real nice, a real shame the last fix was not done to the art though. Any reason why it was not done given it was mentioned the same time as the logo in the bottom right and that was corrected?

Can you take a picture from the spine of the cart also se we can see how that looks?

xsq

Thou Shalt Not, Question Rot.,
Lack of time to get in touch with Alien (the designer) and submit the stickers to be printed. We had no time left to not have another delay.
Will there be an updated version down the line? I'm pretty sure demand would be there... you could maybe even do a premium version with metallic sticker material (to make the gold stripes shine truly). ;)

tcdev

NEST Puppet
Lol tcdev why the hell do you use a stepdown? Buy a 5v or 9v ac adaptor from jcar and simplify life.
But it says to ONLY use a PRO-POW3 adapter... ;)

I've probably got a few lying around but same problem - packed away. I'm sure I'll find something suitable in the next day or so. I'm scratching my head to recall what I used for the NGCD which I definitely had set up a few months ago, but the PS for that is nowhere to be seen either. :(

TotalMoop

New Challenger
Will there be an updated version down the line? I'm pretty sure demand would be there... you could maybe even do a premium version with metallic sticker material (to make the gold stripes shine truly). ;)

Isnt that what the deal with Stoneage Gamer will offer?
Shiney, sparkly..

Heinz

Parteizeit
15 Year Member
Isnt that what the deal with Stoneage Gamer will offer?
Shiney, sparkly..

I will never understand people who care about sparkly shiny artsy labels.. I would be satisfied with a plain white label with 'neosd' printed on it.

TotalMoop

New Challenger
I will never understand people who care about sparkly shiny artsy labels.. I would be satisfied with a plain white label with 'neosd' printed on it.

I agree totally.. Less is more in this case.. I like the label as it is. It does it's intended job.

Razoola

Staff member
20 Year Member
Strange, he did do one of the two fixes suggested at that time and the correction would have taken seconds, but what is done is done. Still looks ok.

Fygee

Bewbs! Z'OMG, Teh BEWBS!,
20 Year Member
Not at the moment.

For what it's worth, I think it would still be highly desirable to have a cart with all of the legit released games that load instantly, a la the 161-1, especially with the features and interface that you demonstrated in your POC. Personally I know I would prefer that since I'm not planning on doing anything that would require the use of an SD card (game development, homebrews, etc.), and not having to wait 2-4 minutes for games to load would be great.

Lone-Wolf

n00b
Big thanks to the NeoSD team and congrats on producing such an excellent product. High recommendations from me and looking forward to seeing what you guys have planned for the future :)

My AES version arrived today and works flawlessly.

IMG_2704.JPG

Resisting the urge to play Neo all night now... have to get up early for work tomorrow!

Thanks to all the amazing folks in the chat! I'm psyched to be acquainted with the Neo-Geo community! The NEO SD is glorious. Although nothing beats an original cart, I'm thrilled to finally try some of these shooters that are out of my price range.

Cheers to the whole NEOSD team for making a beautiful product and also big thanks to Rot!