MVS & AES NEOSD flash card... AES Version ANNOUNCED & AVAILABLE!!

neodev

Neosd Tech
@NEOSD

Might I suggest you update the NEOSD firmware to ignore files beginning with "." like hidden files?

Because when a Mac user copies the roms to the sd card, Mac OS automatically creates all those hidden . files that the user would normally not see.

And when you boot the SD card up on the NEOSD you get something like this:

taGcWvo.png

I realize your NEOSD tool is Windows only, but users might still copy the .neo files over to their sd card with a Mac. Or they might download a rom pack that already has all the files converted for them.

Thanks for reporting that. We'll skip names starting with . when scanning the filesystem, and also those msrked as hidden, just in case.

Also, we have found the issue that prevented 2 svc bootleg from working. It was an issue in NeoBuilder, so we'll release an updated one shortly, and also a new NeoValidator, as the current .neo files for svcboota and svcsplus will be marked as bad.

Yodd

Iori's Flame
20 Year Member

neosd

Neosd Developer
Hello,

Small update on the stickers.

Neo_SD_AES.jpg

Neo_SD_MVS.jpg

Big thanks to Alien for the nice work

Black_Tiger

Kuroko's Training Dummy
Very nice, thanks for listening to feedback.

I'm very happy to see the gold on the MVS version. :)

Razoola

Divine Hand of the UniBIOS,
Staff member
20 Year Member
Defo looking better. I still think the main NeoSD logo needs to be moved right and centered inside the tank like I mentioned before.

plx2016

n00b
Hello,

We plan to release the firmware for everyone about next week.

Yodd asked us for it some time ago when we still were doing modifications, so we promissed him to send it once we had it validated.

There are a lot of changes on the firmware, we will do a changelog explaining those.

Thanks

Hello neosd,

do you think it might be possible to add the option to exclude 3 or 4-button games? -
I was thinking about using the neosd MVS in my JAMMA Cab with only 3 buttons and that it might be useful
to have a suitable game list...

xsq

Thou Shalt Not, Question Rot.,
The stickers really do look awesome. Great improvement. Will the stripes be gold foil or 'just' printed like in the previews?

But I have to agree with Raz about the logo placement. I think it's due to how the brain is wired that it looks off center when the shadow of the SV-001 (tank) is behind it, even though over all it is in the center of the label. Maybe if the tank was moved/enlarged it might work as well.

Razoola

Staff member
20 Year Member
I don't think moving the tank to the left would fix the situation.

From my prospective the gold strip acts as a margin. So if I were to get into real detail I would say the tank needs to be moved right very slightly (so the wheel edges are equal distance from gold edge on the left and the right edge of the sticker (once cut to size). The large NeoSD logo the same (centered between the gold strip and right edge) so then it would be in the center of the bottom of the tank.

None of this applies to the top of the sticker given the neogeo graphic breaks the gold strip enough.

Its important when looking at the sticker to view it as two seperate peices. First the top part only (which is on the cart spine) while blanking out the bottom section. Then the bottom portion given its the front space (while blanking the top spine part out). I think I mentioned before to neosd its always good to print one off with a home printer just to see how it looks on a real cart from a layout prospective before making HQ stickers. Graphic wise the sticker is perfect I feel, its just the positions of the graphics on the sticker that needs tweeking.

One could also argue the MVS / AES identifiers on each label in the bottom right should be moved so the gaps from the bottom of the sticker and the right edge are always equal distances. If you look you'll see the AES logo is closer to the right edge but the MVS is closer to the bottom edge. The same should happen with the three art objects on the spine, it may already be correct but one needs to make sure all that art is centered vertically between sticker top edge (or top cart spine edge) and the cart bottom spine edge, depending which looks better. The NeoGeo logo on the left could also be enlarged slightly so it stands out more, either make it match the height of the NeoSD type identifier on the spine, or reduce the identifier on the spine (not the one on the front) to match the neogeo graphic height.

Last edited:

Gyrian

Hardened Shock Trooper
What you're all discussing can be a bit difficult to visualize, so here's something I made that might help it a bit:

TLBAEgp.png

Black_Tiger

Kuroko's Training Dummy
That is very cool Gyrian, thanks a lot.

That mockup shows how the neosd logo works best overall how it is currently centred, in the middle of the label instead of between the margin of the stripes and the right edge.

benjiedude

Quiz Detective
That is very cool Gyrian, thanks a lot.

That mockup shows how the neosd logo works best overall how it is currently centred, in the middle of the label instead of between the margin of the stripes and the right edge.

I'd have to agree. The mock up shows that the logo would be centered. The visual fluff on the left seems to be tricking our eyes! Will be cool to see what SAG's sticker looks like in comparison.

Gyrian

Hardened Shock Trooper
The detail that stood out most to me when I made the image was the sticker's top. It appears a bit too close to the edges, rather than more centered over the top label area in the cart.

Razoola

Staff member
20 Year Member
For me that mock up still shows the need for the logo to be centered as I suggested earlier. Your right about the top though Gyrian, that looks strange. That said its a computer mock up isnt it? It really needs to be a print out stuck onto a shell with sellotape to be sure.

alienpdx

n00b
hi guys heres a new(er) mockup with the logo centered according to the line space (and slug tank)
edit" i moved the top part also a slight bit downwards for the top sticker part on the cart.

http://alien.untergrund.net/neosd-offcenter.png

u have to understand that im pretty much.. guessing about the top alignment as i have no single MVS cart in my house.

id love to see a mockup render of this one aswell! i think it looks great! thank u for that! <3

Last edited:

Razoola

Staff member
20 Year Member
hi guys heres a new(er) mockup with the logo centered according to the line space (and slug tank)

http://alien.untergrund.net/neosd-offcenter.png

u have to understand that im pretty much.. guessing about the top alignment as i have no single MVS cart in my house.

id love to see a mockup render of this one aswell! i think it looks great! thank u for that! <3

For me personally this one looks much better.