MVS & AES NEOSD flash card... AES Version ANNOUNCED & AVAILABLE!!

GadgetUK

Ace Ghost Pilot
Shells arrived - they are awesome! Great works guys =D

Two different ways I fitted them, the one I use with my 1FZ I've split the label with a gillotine, the other label I just mounted as normal.

IMG_3267.jpgIMG_3266.jpg

Sceptre_JLRB

Not so MEGA, eh?
Wow! Didn't notice the fix for Riding Hero slow attract mode on AES mode with the new firmware! I didn't even consider this to be an issue despite having noticed the problem when NeoSD was released months ago, as it also occurs in NeoRAGE X emulator on AES mode and has even been reported to take place on real hardware (AES console + original cart) by some users.

In addition, analyzing the new NeoBuilder version, I've seen that 'Samurai Shodown II (Korean Version alternate)' and 'Robo Army (alternate)' (both of them were previous extras from the famous post #44, handmade neo-converted) have been added to the already reported new games (RB FF1 Korean, KOF99 Korean, Puzzle de Pon! with its own snapshot, etc.).

Great work, NeoSD Team! Glad to see it's now a public release! :-)

Rot

Calvin & Hobbes, ,
The new firmware is out... The shells are slowly getting to the first adopters... Stone Age Gamer are selling the Neosd in it's store...

It's nice to see a project go from zero on the forums to a polished device...

xROTx

PS. I've been asked to reject all Stone Age Gamer members from joining the site (prob a joke)... but... I have noticed a spike in membership requests...

Meh... TBH... If I approve an account... it's upto ANY new member to fit in...

RELAX guys.. it's all good:p

neosd

Neosd Developer
Wow! Didn't notice the fix for Riding Hero slow attract mode on AES mode with the new firmware! I didn't even consider this to be an issue despite having noticed the problem when NeoSD was released months ago, as it also occurs in NeoRAGE X emulator on AES mode and has even been reported to take place on real hardware (AES console + original cart) by some users.

In addition, analyzing the new NeoBuilder version, I've seen that 'Samurai Shodown II (Korean Version alternate)' and 'Robo Army (alternate)' (both of them were previous extras from the famous post #44, handmade neo-converted) have been added to the already reported new games (RB FF1 Korean, KOF99 Korean, Puzzle de Pon! with its own snapshot, etc.).

Great work, NeoSD Team! Glad to see it's now a public release! :-)

Yes, new clones have been added, this is one of the things we forget to add to the changelog, i am sure there are more things missing on the changelog, it has been so many months doing updates before 1.06 public release ...

Thanks

fille1976

Crossed Swords Squire
just updated my neosd mvs and aes,all went fine,thx neosd for your hard work,now test some games.

neosd

Neosd Developer
We have also updated the downloads section web app today, now everyone with a valid serial number can register there

MattBlah

Baseball Star Hitter
My shell has just arrived. I like the box too, that will keep it safe on the shelf until I find a spare case.

RAZO

Mayor of Southtown
15 Year Member
Really UNHAPPY with the shell just received. It's a bad factory made. Impossible to close the shell with the NeoSD in :O !! ?
My NeoSD was in a original MVS Game shell (with a hole made for the SD) and enter perfectly. But NOT AT ALL with this free shell !!
Also the plastic to hide between the pins is not well done because it not center the pins => Impossible to push the cartridge in my MVS.

I don't know if neosd send to us a different revision of the shell for free shells but it's not made right at all.

So i take out my neo SD from the free shell and use it again in my MVS Original Shell...

PS : I have try everything to close the shell and get the pins aligned center => Impossible the shell is bad factory made.

Shell is not defective. It is just the way they are. Also, you must not be doing something right. When I had to flip the pcbs around for my MVS version it was a slight pain but got it to fit. The little bracket thing is the only thing I had a issue with.

Don't expect the shell to be as good as the original Aes or MVS Shells. If you have a better more robust solution then just use that instead. I think the shell I have for my Aes and Mvs version do the job just fine.

Last edited:

neosd

Neosd Developer
Really UNHAPPY with the shell just received. It's a bad factory made. Impossible to close the shell with the NeoSD in :O !! ?
My NeoSD was in a original MVS Game shell (with a hole made for the SD) and enter perfectly. But NOT AT ALL with this free shell !!
Also the plastic to hide between the pins is not well done because it not center the pins => Impossible to push the cartridge in my MVS.

I don't know if neosd send to us a different revision of the shell for free shells but it's not made right at all.

So i take out my neo SD from the free shell and use it again in my MVS Original Shell...

PS : I have try everything to close the shell and get the pins aligned center => Impossible the shell is bad factory made.

What a way to say that you are not capable to put the pcbs on the shell ... its 3 pieces puzzle, not that hard ...

it seems we built one shell where its impossible to put the pcbs inside only for you, we sent "good ones" to the rest of the customers ...

Honestly, i can´t believe what i am reading

Last edited:

Rot

Calvin & Hobbes, ,
What a way to say that you are not capable to put the pcbs on the shell ... its 3 pieces puzzle, not that hard ...

I like your use of ellipses...

Breaks up a sentence eh?:D

xROTx

PS. Don't mind me... I'm just browsing and relaxing for the time being...

Tgames

War Room Troll

it seems we built one shell where its impossible to put the pcbs inside only for you, we sent "good ones" to the rest of the customers ...

Honestly, i canエt believe what i am reading

I know perfectly how to place MVS pcb into cartrigde. But in the free shell the cartridge can't be closed Left side a piece of plastic block
And also even if i force the pin are not centered so it not fit in the MVS.

Even in a 161 in 1 cartridge i can close the shell with NeoSD in.

But in your shell impossible.

neosd

Neosd Developer
I like your use of ellipses...

Breaks up a sentence eh?:D

xROTx

PS. Don't mind me... I'm just browsing and relaxing for the time being...

I still havent mastered English, Rot.

But i know enought to notice someone complaining instead of asking for help ...

Rot

Calvin & Hobbes, ,
I still havent mastered English, Rot.

But i know enought to notice someone complaining instead of asking for help ...

Don't sweat it... I like ellipses...

As for people complaining... don't take it to heart... there was no way you'd go through this process without a bit of a bump every so often...

...It's how you reply and handle it that's important...

I view it like my time on Ng.com... can't be friends with everyone ALL the time...

xROTx

neosd

Neosd Developer
I know perfectly how to place MVS pcb into cartrigde. But in the free shell the cartridge can't be closed Left side a piece of plastic block
And also even if i force the pin are not centered so it not fit in the MVS.

Even in a 161 in 1 cartridge i can close the shell with NeoSD in.

But in your shell impossible.

I know you haven´t asked for help

but here it goes anyways

http://www.neo-geo.com/forums/showt...-AVAILABLE!!&p=4208165&viewfull=1#post4208165

BTW if anyone wonders what this little piece is, its a spacer. Both CHA and PROG pcbs come in the same PCB panel with a bigger spacer surronding the pcbs, this is used to put the boards on the pick and place machines while soldering proces.

Once boards are soldered, we break the pcbs, sometimes those little pieces don´t break, but those are intended to be broken, just break the piece, you can use a nile clipper to break it for example (if you don´t have any other tool there)

Last edited:

Tgames

War Room Troll
I have done exactly like the photos @neosd,

the left side (sd card side) block.

The piece of plastic to hide between the pins also block on the left.

Last edited:

neosd

Neosd Developer

The pcb spacer has two positions, you have to put it on the right position or it will touch the sd card slot.
Try both positions, if you can´t figure it, i can make you a video

Yodd

Iori's Flame
20 Year Member

The piece of plastic to hide between the pins also block on the left.

Have any pictures of the problem?