MVS 2 slot repair

TMOSteel

20 Year Member
Looking for MVS 2 slot repair recommendations - went to boot my MVS Gold cab today to test a cart only to be greeted with the dreaded "green screen." I cleaned around the battery but did not see anything jumping out at me as far as corrosion goes.

If anyone repairs 2 slots or can recommend someone who does quality work I would appreciate it. I'd like to get my MVS back up and running.

Neo Alec

Warrior of the Innanet
20 Year Member
That looks like the beginning of a normal self test. What does it do without a cart inserted?

TMOSteel

20 Year Member
That looks like the beginning of a normal self test. What does it do without a cart inserted?
Problem is, that's all it does, over and over. I forget what happened without a cart, I'll have to test it again.

BIG BEAR

SHOCKbox Developer,
20 Year Member
And you have dip switch 8 set to off,correct?
I forgot to ask you that.
BB

matman

n00b
Am somewhat still learning here but that seems to line up with symptoms of a calendar error.. which could be a bad ic or crystal. But I’m just referencing channelmaniacs repair logs.

TMOSteel

20 Year Member
And you have dip switch 8 set to off,correct?
I forgot to ask you that.
BB
Good question, no idea to be honest. I've never messed with the DIP settings on this MVS, I purchased this years ago from a former arcade guy from his collection. I had to look up what that DIP is:

Switch 8: Freeze - pauses the game (done by software in a system ROM call)

I can't see that getting enabled, I literally played this years ago and just powered it down. I haven't messed with it since getting an Omega but as I've now gotten into the mini cabs (Arcade1Up, MVSX, iiRcade) I wanted to assess what I need to either restore this cab or customize it (keeping it a dedicated 2 slot of course).

Its time this cab moves from the garage into my house.

I'll check before I pull the board to send it off to you, thanks again for responding to my PM.

TMOSteel

20 Year Member
Pulled the board, all DIPs are off.

Neo Alec the board does the exact same thing with no cart inserted.

BIG BEAR

SHOCKbox Developer,
20 Year Member
Did you figure this out?
The original battery took an acid sh8t on it's neighbors nearby.. all over the diodes,resistors,transistors and a few chips including a little bit of the ZMC2 . I'm working on it now. and also discovering several tracks have been broken/damaged relative to the HC32 chip ,1s1588 diode to the 47 ohm capacitor......etc
BB

Last edited: