MVH MV4 Backup Ram FF40 Error, replaced backup ram, no difference....

Neo Alec

Ned's Ninja Academy Dropout
20 Year Member
Also, after cleaning the game(s) and slots, clearing the backup ram should fix the weird game behavior.

DCrosby

n00b
Ok, so back to the original Memory Error / Board...
Finally got the chips 74HC32's to replace the HC32 Pulled the old one and it tested... fine? Put a socket on it, and put a new chip in, same Memory Error Lower Backup Memory Wrote FFFF Read FF40
Back to Square 1 :/

Attachments

• 20220711_180155.jpg
    20220711_180155.jpg
    1.8 MB · Views: 1

DCrosby

n00b
Also, after cleaning the game(s) and slots, clearing the backup ram should fix the weird game behavior.
Flushing the backup ram DID indeed fix the Golf Swing issue, but also clears out any settings like keeping quiet when in attract mode... so be aware that any soft-dips would need to be re-set to be active.

DCrosby

n00b
Actually it was an issue with the Jamma Harness Connector, after chasing my own tail, I noticed that it way worse when I moved the harness out of the way, a friend told me that the harness pins sometimes get mangled/bent and don't make proper connection with the Jamma Edge (this was common), and sure enough I took a dental pick to pull the pins towards the center, and lightly sanded all of them, put it back into the machine, and hasn't failed since....