MV4FS Audio Buzzing

420p

King's Dry Cleaner
Hi, I recently bought a MV4FS with fucked audio, which has already been fixed on by some moron (by cutting capacitors off and soldering to the still standing legs, nice one) plus soldering in way too big caps (yeah, 15mm space between the two pcb s should be enough to solder in 15mm high caps). I got it with no sound at all, with replacing some caps (not all) and resoldering some fucked solder point in the audio section I have it as far as playing all the sounds from the hardwaretest loud and clear. All four slots though are not silent, but hum like shit. My question now is: if hardware test sounds work, replace more/all caps or go on with troubleshooting (amp, chips). Just in case the seller reads this, this doesn't go against you, i know what I bought.

Last edited:

shadowkn55

Genbu's Turtle Keeper
15 Year Member
Try replacing the rest of the audio caps and see if that helps.

420p

King's Dry Cleaner
That's my approach, just wanted to doublecheck. Thanks, pal.

420p

King's Dry Cleaner
UPDATE: I totally have to replace all of the caps, that is for sure (and common, but I only replace five that totally looked asininely soldered) cause sometimes the left channel in the audio test is mad low. Now comes the funky part. The board only throws out sounds out the audio test, if no cartridge is inserted (and yeah, those cartridges work fine on my 1FZ).

Xian Xi

JammaNationX,
15 Year Member
UPDATE: I totally have to replace all of the caps, that is for sure (and common, but I only replace five that totally looked asininely soldered) cause sometimes the left channel in the audio test is mad low. Now comes the funky part. The board only throws out sounds out the audio test, if no cartridge is inserted (and yeah, those cartridges work fine on my 1FZ).

Are your volume sliders still lubed? If they are totally dry do not move them and add some fader lube.

420p

King's Dry Cleaner
The faders work totally fine. Some lube wouldn't be bad though.
Could the power supply be the culprit? Ain't the 4 slots a bit picky with 12V? I have it on a Supergun with ATX power supply, will check the voltage later. Where do the sound test sound come from?

Last edited: