MV1FZS graphic glitches and sound problems

Xian Xi

JammaNationX,
15 Year Member
Did you get the CMVS from me? I never got any email or anything.

GadgetUK

Ace Ghost Pilot
On the original topic - did you make any progress working out the fault?

Did you get the CMVS from me? I never got any email or anything.

No, got it off ebay, guy who sold it said you made it for him in 2013. Attaching pic.

The unit works great, the only carts I see this issue on are Burning Fight, Mutation Nation, and Robo Army, which are all beat em ups. Go figure.

Attachments

• 20151122_192231.jpg
    20151122_192231.jpg
    864.7 KB · Views: 42

Xian Xi

JammaNationX,
15 Year Member
If you want to send it to me just shoot me a PM.

James

miisalo

Astra Superstar
On the original topic - did you make any progress working out the fault?

Nope. Haven't got time to continue (fixing cab etc). I did replace B0 just for fun, didn't help. And used _old_ solder paste to solder the replacement -> I have to fix every leg by hand

my-brain-hurts.png

Update: I've been putting Deoxit on the carts before playing them and haven't seen this issue when doing so. Sometimes just removing and re-seating the cartridge makes the problem go away. So looks like dirty contacts or cartridge slot.

Good way to clean slot?

420p

King's Dry Cleaner
I had good experiences with throwing it in the dishwasher with no soap and low temperature. Mind removing the battery first.

Xian Xi

JammaNationX,
15 Year Member
Update: I've been putting Deoxit on the carts before playing them and haven't seen this issue when doing so. Sometimes just removing and re-seating the cartridge makes the problem go away. So looks like dirty contacts or cartridge slot.

Good way to clean slot?

Get an NES Eliminator and take it apart. Use the part that goes in the actual cart slot with some deoxit on it. Works great.