MV1C - Memory Card Support

DavidG

I've been working on this, on and off, for some time now. I let the project go when I was certain that CD1 and CD2 were not located on the motherboard.

I have completed a new mod which I confirmed just moments ago to be 100% working on the MV1C.

I will be giving the information on this mod over to NTM to work into his boards. I've also made this mod so that it will run on any AES/MVS or even 1 slot clone hardware. This mod will even work on the MS5 and KOF2k3 dedicated jamma boards. The mod doesn't require any external wires for CD1/2 or WP, everything is taken care of for you on the pcb. For those looking to use this on MV1B boards, you will no longer require complex soldering for CD1, 2 and WP.

It's a good day for CMVS owners!

:-J

rcantor77

Baseball Star Hitter
Well done David... look forward to NTM being able to get this working.

Pope Sazae

Known Scammer, DO NOT DEAL WITH!, The Management.,
That would be awesome, if it happens I wonder if James would be willing to do a future mod to my CMVS to add the support :D

Xian Xi

JammaNationX,
15 Year Member
That would be awesome, if it happens I wonder if James would be willing to do a future mod to my CMVS to add the support :D

I can add it to any and all CMVS units I've produced, no problem.

Joneo

Belnar Institute Student
Looking forward to the first pictures of the interface... hopefully followed shortly by pricing. :)

Kpj

Larfleeze, Wielder of the Orange Light. , formerly
Glad you finally solved this riddle!

master_d

n00b
sweet! now we just need memory card slots on the Omega and the Analogue Interactive.

edit: would this still support the Hi-score to memory card feature of the uni-bios or just in game saves?

Last edited:

NeoTurfMasta

DANCE DANCE KARNOV!,
20 Year Member
sweet! now we just need memory card slots on the Omega and the Analogue Interactive
There can be 2 versions if need be, one like I have in the opening post HERE where it uses an on board memory card and no external slot. This may be the best option for current CMVS systems. It wont be an issue to modify my existing boards to enable David's mod.

rcantor77

Baseball Star Hitter
I love the idea of internal memory but for me being able to swap my high scores between the cmvs and cab will be great to have... so external for me.

Looking forward to this one... :D

master_d

n00b
There can be 2 versions if need be, one like I have in the opening post HERE where it uses an on board memory card and no external slot. This may be the best option for current CMVS systems. It wont be an issue to modify my existing boards to enable David's mod.

yeah that's definitely the better route to go for the Omega and Analogue interactive because I doubt folks will be wanting to cut a slot into their CMVS cases, but It would be nice to have all your hi-scores and game saves on the memory card and be able to transfer it from your big red to your CMVS.

Joneo

Belnar Institute Student
yeah that's definitely the better route to go for the Omega and Analogue interactive because I doubt folks will be wanting to cut a slot into their CMVS cases, but It would be nice to have all your hi-scores and game saves on the memory card and be able to transfer it from your big red to your CMVS.
I think a mem-slot would integrate quite nicely between the AI's controller ports. Though designing a functional, tiny hinged flap to make it fit the system aesthetics could be a challenge. Portability of the saves would be a really nice feature though...

grips03

Krauser's Shoe Shiner
NTM,
Have you tried on the MV-1C yet or did you just get the info today?

I'm looking forward to using on Omega

DavidG

I don't think anyone has had enough time to test the new mod. I did give it out last night, so give it a few days.

Update - I've fully finished off the second part of this mod by making it so that no external wires are required by the user for CE, OE or WP. The end result will work just like a normal NTM bios adapter but your system will detect and use the memory card.

master_d

n00b
So will there eventually be new neo bios masta pcbs that include David's memory card support or will this be a separate pcb that must be soldered to neo bios masta/MV1C? I'd be interested in a version that had a header for the neo save masta board to use with external memory cards.

Awesome work David. I look forward to see what comes outta this.

Pope Sazae

Known Scammer, DO NOT DEAL WITH!, The Management.,
I know it is a huge bump bringing this thread up but have there been any updates on this?

Neo Alec

Warrior of the Innanet
20 Year Member
+1. Really appreciate the effort that went into this, and wondering if Turfmasta or someone is still planning to build a PCB.

NeoTurfMasta

DANCE DANCE KARNOV!,
20 Year Member
4rTWuZm.jpg

Finally got around to putting my pcb together. Works great! Disregard all the wires you see, this is just a proto for testing. The final version will only require 2 solder points total, 1 for bios and 1 for memory card. No ETA or price yet, but wanted to update you all on this. If anyone has a 1C they could loan me for some extensive testing, I'd appreciate it.

Xian Xi

JammaNationX,
15 Year Member
Will this cover both the internal mod and a card slot?