MV1B Graphic and Sound issues

teerazzler

n00b
I just got a MV1B board from a seller on Ebay, and the graphics and sound are all messed up. The sound at first was only coming out of one speaker, and then no sound at all. The graphics are all scrambled and blocky.

My video and power equipment is probably not the problem. Here is the following of what I am currently using in my setup -

Behar Bros. Shogun Ultra Supergun (brand new, just got it last week)
Suzo Happ 15 AMP Switching Power Supply Arcade Multicade (https://www.ebay.com/itm/264977336417) - All wired correctly for 5 volts
KabelDirekt – 6 feet SCART Cable (21-Pin, Multiple Shieldings, Precision Connector, Full HD) – Pro Series - https://www.amazon.com/dp/B01DYELZXE?psc=1&ref=ppx_yo2ov_dt_b_product_details (also a brand new cable)
MVS Terra Onion Flash Cart - https://terraonion.com/en/producto/neosd-mvs/
Gscart auto scart switcher

I have cleaned all the pins on the JAMMA edge, cleaned the contacts on the MVS flash cart, made sure both ends of the scart cable are firmly plugged in on both male ends, made sure the JAMMA edge is firmly inserted into the supergun, and made sure the MVS flash cart is inserted properly as well. I turned on all of my 19 other consoles one at a time to rule out that it isn't a wiring issue or because of my gscarts not working, but every single one of my consoles do not have any graphical or sound issues like this MVS board. The MVS flash cart settings was also tested to make sure it is working for the MVS, not AES.

I also made sure to set the voltage at the lowest level on my arcade power supply, and gradually turn it up to read 5 volts on the meter on the supergun. I didn’t fry out the supergun or the board.

These graphic and sound problems happens for every game, not just a few. My conclusion is that there is a chip issue or a trace issue.

I included a couple photos on this post. I wish I could add videos, but this forum isn’t letting me for some reason. If anyone can help please let me know! Thanks

Attachments

• BFC65943-27A8-4FA7-9604-6F0DCBD6CC7E.jpeg
    BFC65943-27A8-4FA7-9604-6F0DCBD6CC7E.jpeg
    3 MB · Views: 4
  • 416EB448-A30C-4220-9F08-ACDDC027677F.jpeg
    416EB448-A30C-4220-9F08-ACDDC027677F.jpeg
    2 MB · Views: 4
Last edited:

Neo Alec

Warrior of the Innanet
20 Year Member
The MV1B is mono, so if you're only getting sound from one speaker, that's an issue with your setup and how it handles mono jamma boards.

Sorry I don't have anything further to contribute here. Good luck with it.

teerazzler

n00b
The MV1B is mono, so if you're only getting sound from one speaker, that's an issue with your setup and how it handles mono jamma boards.

Sorry I don't have anything further to contribute here. Good luck with it.
The Shogun supergun supposedly outputs stereo sound regardless of the board revision. I have cheap pc speakers going out from the supergun and there is no sound, but there was sound coming out of the speakers going out from my gscart, until it stopped for whatever reason. When I use my other consoles they all output stereo coming from the same scart cable setup that the neo geo mvs is using.

Neo Alec

Warrior of the Innanet
20 Year Member
The Shogun supergun supposedly outputs stereo sound regardless of the board revision.
That isn't possible. But if you mean dual mono then maybe there's a pin on the jamma edge that isn't connecting or is bad.

GohanX

Horrible Goose
20 Year Member
From what I can tell the Shogun is setup for Neo boards and there is a jumper setting to switch form standard Jamma mono to MVS stereo. But the MV1B board does not output stereo from the jamma connector, so that's probably the issue. You'd either need to modify the board for stereo output or use a different MVS board.