MV1-A & MV1-FZ battery mod

Vendest

Krauser's Shoe Shiner
Hi, I am Vendest newly registered.

I am facing an issue with the battery type CR2032 installed on 2 nos. 1 Slot MVS boards that I have consolized recently.
I have followed thoroughly the tutorial and disable the recharging function by removing the necessary components.
The battery does not last more than 2 days.
I definitely know that the power is not drained from external hook up (PSU, scart RGB cable, controller)
Is anyone able to advice?

Attachments

• Battery 1.jpg
    Battery 1.jpg
    130.5 KB · Views: 68
  • battery 2.jpg
    battery 2.jpg
    177.8 KB · Views: 68

Xian Xi

JammaNationX,
15 Year Member
It's the brand of RAM on the board. SNK used some brands that use more power than others.

Vendest

Krauser's Shoe Shiner
Thanks for your reply.
Since there is nothing I can do about the RAM, would you advise me to reinstall the charging circuit and a rechargeable battery?
Do you know where I could find the specs for D1 & D2 for both MV1-A and MV1-FZ?

Last edited:

Xian Xi

JammaNationX,
15 Year Member
I would just install better RAM, it's an old board and the RAM can fail any time soon.

Vendest

Krauser's Shoe Shiner
Can you confirm for the MV1-A I should replace RAM 3 & 4 type Sony CXK58257AM-10L?
Ram.jpg

Xian Xi

JammaNationX,
15 Year Member
That Sony RAM has a very low standby draw so it may be a short somewhere or another component that is using the battery. Make sure you removed the correct components and also there are no shorts.

Vendest

Krauser's Shoe Shiner
I have done the battery mod on 2 different boards that ended up with the same problem.
I confirm to have removed the component as per JXN tutorial. Most probably I will bear with it since no short circuits can be found.
Anyway I really appreciate your inputs. Thanks

Xian Xi

JammaNationX,
15 Year Member
I'll see if I can find an MV1A in my storage to see if I can replicate this problem.