MV-1C Battery Drop-in Replacement

daskrabs

Ace Ghost Pilot
10 Year Member
Would this work? Looking to avoid modding the board or doing the standard 2032 mod if possible.

Niko

Whip's Subordinate
No, you need something that recharges closer to 5V. And considering how bad the MV-1C leaks voltage from the backup area, that 45mah battery will last you like 20mins.

Niko

Whip's Subordinate
No, you need something that recharges closer to 5V. And considering how bad the MV-1C leaks voltage from the backup area, that 45mah battery will last you like 20mins.

Actually I lied, you want something that recharges around 3V, but still that 45mah battery is a joke.

Niko

Whip's Subordinate
What's the capacity of the stock one?

I think the stock one is right around 50mah. Every 2032 I ever put in an MV-1C died within a week, and thats around ~200mah. If you dont mind loosing your settings after more than a few hours then that battery you listed is probably fine.

daskrabs

Ace Ghost Pilot
10 Year Member
I think the stock one is right around 50mah. Every 2032 I ever put in an MV-1C died within a week, and thats around ~200mah. If you dont mind loosing your settings after more than a few hours then that battery you listed is probably fine.

Weird. Does the stock battery lose settings that quickly as well?

aha2940

AH, A, COLUMBIAN!,
Weird. Does the stock battery lose settings that quickly as well?

AFAIK, no. For reference, I have an MV1C board that was modded about 6 months ago with a CR2032 battery. It still holds the saved settings.

x56h34

n00b
On a similar note, I noticed that my Omega CMVS which I recently acquired (it uses an MV-1C motherboard) looses bios settings pretty much after about a day of being powered off. I was wondering if this was an issue due to a bad battery, but it looks like it's normal behaviour from what I gather now...

Niko

Whip's Subordinate
AFAIK, no. For reference, I have an MV1C board that was modded about 6 months ago with a CR2032 battery. It still holds the saved settings.

I've tested 4 different MV-1C motherboards and this has not been my experience. I wish it was though.

On a similar note, I noticed that my Omega CMVS which I recently acquired (it uses an MV-1C motherboard) looses bios settings pretty much after about a day of being powered off. I was wondering if this was an issue due to a bad battery, but it looks like it's normal behaviour from what I gather now...

Yep, check out my post in the "Bad battery thread" for what I did to help solve that problem.

x56h34

n00b
Yep, check out my post in the "Bad battery thread" for what I did to help solve that problem.

I saw your post. It looks like a nice solution.
For me at the moment, it's a bit of a nuisance but I am generally not too bothered by it yet in order to start changing things. :)

I notice that unibios regional settings are lost usually. I like to set USA/Arcade, but if I don't use the CMVS for a day roughly, the unibios settings would default to Europe/Arcade, as he battery loses charge.

Are there any other settings that get lost by this or is it just unibios stuff? (newb question, I know...) :)

daskrabs

Ace Ghost Pilot
10 Year Member
Well, seems the consensus is looking like the MV-1C (and 1B?) is a pig and you need to go to great lengths to save your stuff for more than a few days. Be that as it may, I might give the battery in the first post a try just so that I can retain settings same-day with minimal hassle.

Niko

Whip's Subordinate
I saw your post. It looks like a nice solution.
For me at the moment, it's a bit of a nuisance but I am generally not too bothered by it yet in order to start changing things. :)

I notice that unibios regional settings are lost usually. I like to set USA/Arcade, but if I don't use the CMVS for a day roughly, the unibios settings would default to Europe/Arcade, as he battery loses charge.

Are there any other settings that get lost by this or is it just unibios stuff? (newb question, I know...) :)

Softdip settings, calendar, and unibios config are the main things.

Well, seems the consensus is looking like the MV-1C (and 1B?) is a pig and you need to go to great lengths to save your stuff for more than a few days. Be that as it may, I might give the battery in the first post a try just so that I can retain settings same-day with minimal hassle.

To answer your original question correctly this time, Yes that battery will work. However I wouldn't recommend it. Buy yea, it will get you by during brief power outages. The way it was explained to me is that these boards where only designed to retain settings over night when arcades turned off the cabs. So its not like a home console where they needed to retain settings for long periods of times.

Xian Xi

JammaNationX,
15 Year Member

That was narrowed down to being tied to the brand of RAM being used for the BRAM. One brand dies rather quickly compared to the others.