MV-1ACH Unibios?

marra

n00b
Hi I just received my MVS 1 slot in the post. Before I bought it i thought it was one with a non soldered bios but unfortunately it's not. I can't seem to find much info regarding unibios and MV1ACH through google and there's no mention on the unibios site or the wiki with the board revisions on when I bought it I thought it was the same as a mv-1fz, Am i missing something or am I out of luck?

Also I'm still waiting for my supergun but when it arrives will I be able to connect this straight the jamma connection or will i need a adaptor? I read that MV-1 boards can connect no problem but I want to be sure, Thanks any help is appreciated.

Morden

Somewhere in Europe.,
Hi I just received my MVS 1 slot in the post. Before I bought it i thought it was one with a non soldered bios but unfortunately it's not.

Remove the original BIOS, replace it with a 40 pin DIP socket, pop in the Uni BIOS and you should be good to go. I strongly advise against piggybacking a BIOS directly, but if you feel that piggybacking is easier, still go with a socket.

Also I'm still waiting for my supergun but when it arrives will I be able to connect this straight the jamma connection or will i need a adaptor? I read that MV-1 boards can connect no problem but I want to be sure, Thanks any help is appreciated.

It's a one-slot, so you're good. For further reading regarding the JAMMA and MVS differences, take a look here. Also, some superguns have a switch for MVS stereo sound, like some Vogateks.

Razoola

Divine Hand of the UniBIOS,
Staff member
20 Year Member
I never heard of that mobo, can you post a picture.

marra

n00b
Remove the original BIOS, replace it with a 40 pin DIP socket, pop in the Uni BIOS and you should be good to go. I strongly advise against piggybacking a BIOS directly, but if you feel that piggybacking is easier, still go with a socket.

It's a one-slot, so you're good. For further reading regarding the JAMMA and MVS differences, take a look here. Also, some superguns have a switch for MVS stereo sound, like some Vogateks.

Thanks for the info I appreciate the help.

I never heard of that mobo, can you post a picture.
I'm sorry I just packed it up and left it with my dad to be sent to 8bitplus who I believe is one of your official 3rd party installers in the UK, I imagine you could get a picture from him when he receives it. It will be going 1st class post tomorrow but I can post a picture when I get it back if you still need me to?

Edit: I don't know if it helps but it looks like a MV-1A with the heatsink front left and the bios chip is soldered and on the underside of the board it says MV-1ACH at the top left with jamma edge facing me. really sorry if this doesn't help I'm new and still learning.

Last edited:

Razoola

Divine Hand of the UniBIOS,
Staff member
20 Year Member
Its strange, I have seen videos where these have a socket.

Neoton

n00b
I can take more detailed pictures later on today if you think they will be useful.

ggallegos1

Cholecystectomy Required.,
10 Year Member
MV1A has a socket usually, but that's odd that this one doesn't

Neoton

n00b
MV1A has a socket usually, but that's odd that this one doesn't

That's what I thought too. That called my attention and the fact there is a "missing" IC on the top right side of the board, there is a bridge. All other pictures of MV-1A boards have an IC in that spot.

Last edited: