I really think this is being too PC :

http://www.worldnetdaily.com/news/article.asp?ARTICLE_ID=59990

Now Brits ban 'mum' and 'dad'
New rules demand sensitivity for 'gays'
Posted: February 1, 2008
1:00 a.m. Eastern

By Bob Unruh
© 2008 WorldNetDaily.com

Only months after a plan generated by California's legislature created a ban on the use of "mom" and "dad" in public schools, the Brits have announced a similar move, with orders for teachers to be more sensitive to homosexuality and not use terms like "mum and dad."

According to a report in the Mail online, a guidance plan has been released to tackle "anti-gay bullying" in schools in Britain. Written by the homosexual activist group Stonewall and announced by government Schools Secretary Ed Balls, the plan tells teachers not to make assumptions about a "mum and dad," perhaps instead referring to "parents."

And it directs teachers to introduce to students as young as age four the idea of same-sex couples in order to battle "homophobic" attitudes.

The California plan, which now is being targeted by an initiative effort that aims to take the issue to voters to have them overturn it, mandates a positive – and no other – portrayal of bisexuals, homosexuals, transgenders and others choosing alternative sexual lifestyles in public schools.

(Story continues below)

Officials with Save Our Kids are working on the initiative to recall the law, signed by Gov. Arnold Schwarzenegger.

The new California law demands, "No teacher shall give instruction nor shall any school district sponsor any activity that promotes a discriminatory bias because of a characteristic [including perceived gender.]"

Opponents say it does now ban anything that can be "perceived" as being discriminatory, up to and including references to "mom" and "dad" or "husband" and "wife."

"The terms 'mom and dad' or 'husband and wife' could promote discrimination against homosexuals if a same-sex couple is not also featured," said Meredith Turney, the legislative liaison for Capitol Resource Institute.

"Parents want the assurance that when their children go to school they will learn the fundamentals of reading, writing and arithmetic – not social indoctrination regarding alternative sexual lifestyles. Now that SB 777 is law, schools will in fact become indoctrination centers for sexual experimentation," she said.

In Britain, the advisory notes that teachers should educate students about civil partnerships and homosexual adoptions, and that students who call classmates "gay" should be treated just like they are racists.

Teachers also should avoid any references such as "be a man" or accusations students are acting like a "bunch of women."

The plan warns such words lead to bullying of those "who do not conform to fixed ideas about gender."

Instead, homosexual staff members should be encouraged to "discuss" their "private lives."

"It might be time-consuming at first, but a consistent 'zero-tolerance' approach to such language is central to achieving progress and an environment in which being gay is not thought of as being inferior," the government report warns.

"Schools need to make it clear to pupils that homophobic comments are as serious as racist comments, and homophobic incidents are as serious as other forms of bullying."

"I am proud the Government and the department are being robust about this," Balls said. "It is our view that every school should have a clear policy on tackling all forms of bullying, including homophobic bullying."

Less than a year earlier, the Scottish National Health Service decided to become "LGBT-friendly" by issuing directives to workers to halt any and all uses of "father," "mother," "husband," "wife" etc....

Police already are cracking down on such offenses in British schools. According to a Lifesite News report, in 2006, a 14-year-old school girl was arrested by police and detained in a cell for three hours after she asked to be moved into a group of students who spoke English in class. And in 2007, a 10-year-old boy was questioned after the boy sent an email calling another boy "gay."

While British plans are to reach out to teach homosexuality to students as young as four, WND has reported that the California plan to establish SB777 as state law was supported by organizations recommending homosexual literature to children as young as age two.

A list of school resources, sponsored by a homosexual-advocacy group called Safe Schools Coalition, suggests that for those who are only two years old, there's "Felicia's Favorite Story," which tells how she was "adopted by her two mothers."

Other resources being promoted in light of California's adoption of SB 777 as state law include books authored by officials for Planned Parenthood and the Gay Lesbian Straight Education Network.

One book, called "Tackling Gay Issues in School," is for kindergarten through grade 12, and offers a "rationale (for the inclusion of les/bi/gay/trans issues in school)." It features recommended "extracurricular" activities for classes.

For months while California lawmakers discussed Senate Bill 777, opponents worried about its usefulness in censoring public school curricula to include a pro-homosexual bias. Supporters, however, steadfastly maintained that it only clarified anti-discrimination laws already on the books. They still hold that stance, with recent statements from both Schwarzenegger's office and Equality California.

Sabrina Lockhart, a spokeswoman for the governor, insisted it is a "technical bill" intended to clarify anti-discriminations laws.

"It simply takes anti-discrimination language used in other areas of [state law] such as employment and puts that in the education code," she said.

And Ali Bay of Equality California told WND the new law "doesn't require that any specific curriculum be included in California's classrooms."

"All along, Capitol Resource Family Impact has maintained that the true agenda behind SB 777 is to infuse school curriculum with pro-homosexual, and other controversial lifestyles, propaganda. The proponents of the bill countered that this was not true and the law would merely 'streamline' anti-discrimination laws for schools. Based on our 20-year experience with the homosexual lobby, we know that a common tactic is to maintain innocence and then utilize vague language to push a radical agenda. We expected the same of SB 777 and we are already witnessing the same pattern," said Karen England, chief of the CRI.

WND already has reported how the Gay Straight Alliance has forwarded instructions to its California chapters with information on how to make sure homosexuality is taught in public schools, and its warning having students and parents simply "tolerate" homosexuality is not enough.

"Tolerance education is an important first step, but we need to push further," the instructions said. "Infuse LGBTQ curriculum into history, social science, and literature classes," is the organization's plan.

The British advisory also noted that such homosexual teachings need to permeate the education system.

:rolleyes:

SSS

neo retired
how could they dare consider the word "parents" ok? wouldn't teachers be assuming kids have parents, how could they be so insensitive to orphans or abandoned children under state care? :(

Nesagwa

Beard of Zeus,
20 Year Member
SamuraiShodownSensei said:
how could they dare consider the word "parents" ok? wouldn't teachers be assuming kids have parents, how could they be so insensitive to orphans or abandoned children under state care? :(

Foster kids have rights too!

(lol, no they dont!)

The Drizzle

Whip's Subordinate
How long until time machines are invented so I can go back to the time before the world turned to shit.

EVIL NICK

ALL CAPS,
20 Year Member
The Drizzle said:
How long until time machines are invented so I can go back to the time before the world turned to shit.

I would only go as far back as the eigthies though. :(

norton9478

So Many Posts
No Time
For Games.
20 Year Member
"Parents want the assurance that when their children go to school they will learn the fundamentals of reading, writing and arithmetic – not social indoctrination regarding alternative sexual lifestyles. Now that SB 777 is law, schools will in fact become indoctrination centers for sexual experimentation,

I just goggled this group (Capitol Resource Institute). They are a bunch of religous zealots...

$10.00 says they'd push for Prayer in School if they thought they could get away with it.

Anyways, I don't see how bad this could be.... Just be cool... That's all the bill is asking.

The teacher's unions don't have a problem with it and they hate being told how to do shit. If they don't have a problem, why should anybody else?

Don't like it???? HOMESCHOOL...

soulthug

Wannabe Thug,, born 1991
15 Year Member
hahahaha

what fucking idiots are signing this

bunch of paedophile queefs that are looking to get some unripe ass by the sound of it

in our old school everyone had to sing christian hymns daily, we had 3 muslim kids and a bunch of jews and hindus in our old school, they all had to join in

needless to say, the "mum" of two of the muslim girls withdrew them from school swiftly

Dash no Chris

Jaguar Ninja,
zombiesara said:
Just saluting your Billy Connelly sigpic, zombiesara. For those who don't know, it's from the movie "Fido" -- saw it for the first time last night and laughed m'self nearly sick. If y'all enjoyed "Shawn of the Dead" -- in particular, the last few minutes' glimpse of post-zombie-outbreak society -- you'll love it.

--Chris

smokehouse

I was Born This Ugly.,
15 Year Member
Wow...

How stupid are we going to get?

Like many have said, school is not a place for political training/conditioning. If I so choose, I will raise my child how I feel and I do not want a teacher pushing their views on him/her. If religion is going to kept from schools (something I have no problem with), then shit like this should fall under the same category...personal beliefs.

Man, things are really getting out of hand with this shit... I am actually getting scared for my unborn child. I can't imagine the shit it's going to have to be put through in the future.

smokehouse

I was Born This Ugly.,
15 Year Member
Dash no Chris said:
Just saluting your Billy Connelly sigpic, zombiesara. For those who don't know, it's from the movie "Fido" -- saw it for the first time last night and laughed m'self nearly sick. If y'all enjoyed "Shawn of the Dead" -- in particular, the last few minutes' glimpse of post-zombie-outbreak society -- you'll love it.

--Chris

Fido was fucking awesome and that sig rocks BTW...

norton9478

So Many Posts
No Time
For Games.
20 Year Member
smokehouse said:
Wow...

How stupid are we going to get?

Like many have said, school is not a place for political training/conditioning. If I so choose, I will raise my child how I feel and I do not want a teacher pushing their views on him/her. If religion is going to kept from schools (something I have no problem with), then shit like this should fall under the same category...personal beliefs.

Man, things are really getting out of hand with this shit... I am actually getting scared for my unborn child. I can't imagine the shit it's going to have to be put through in the future.

Personally, I think a bunch of crazies are making a bunch of something out of nothing. Create a Non-issue, get a bunch of $$$ and support from non-religous parents. Then use all this captial for other causes.

The new California law demands, "No teacher shall give instruction nor shall any school district sponsor any activity that promotes a discriminatory bias because of a characteristic [including perceived gender.]"

Opponents say it does now ban anything that can be "perceived" as being discriminatory, up to and including references to "mom" and "dad" or "husband" and "wife."

Note the bold..... They are just a bunch of hatemongers who are pushing thier views on others.

Last edited:

smokehouse

I was Born This Ugly.,
15 Year Member
norton9478 said:
They are just a bunch of hatemongers who are pushing thier views on others.

Personally, I can't stand extremists on either side of the coin...even if I happen to believe what they're pushing.

What happened to "live and let live"? On top of that...I'd love to see the ratio of same sex couples-w-children to the standard one mom, one dad. I imagine the difference is staggering...I don't know a single gay couple with a child...

Once again, the vast minority is getting the say on what goes on in schools. 1 kid with a same sex household-vs-100,000+ with a mom and dad (#'s totally off the top of my head, it may be more than that)...yeah, that seems fair that they should have the say.

norton9478

So Many Posts
No Time
For Games.
20 Year Member
smokehouse said:
Personally, I can't stand extremists on either side of the coin...even if I happen to believe what they're pushing.

The new law really isn't that extreme...

It just says that it's not OK to push current gender specific norms on kids anymore. You gotta let the boys play house and the girls play with blocks.

Here's a zinger from the wingnuts' website.

The PTA actually declares in its "core values" that "[we] believe that family is the basic unit of society responsible for the support and nurturing of all children, and we recognize that "the family" may be defined in many ways." By refusing to acknowledge the historic definition of the traditional family unit, the PTA actually degrades its intrinsic value to society.

This is what it's all about.

They are mad that the law won't allow them to enforce ONE [thier] view of what a family is.

Then they invent a bunch of implausible situations and consequences that the bill really doesn't cover.

Nothing in the law says that teacher's can't Say Mom or Dad... Or parents.... That is just some wingnut's interpretation.

EDIT: I DON'T GIVE A SHIT ABOUT ANYTHING REGARDING BRITAN FOR THESE REASONS

1. Britan subsidezes regigous education.
2. This whole article was just a ruse, using the British Situation as a platform to attack a law in america.

Last edited:

evil wasabi

The Jongmaster
20 Year Member
soulthug said:
in our old school everyone had to sing christian hymns daily, we had 3 muslim kids and a bunch of jews and hindus in our old school, they all had to join in

needless to say, the "mum" of two of the muslim girls withdrew them from school swiftly

Victory.

Jenbug

Cheng's Errand Boy
I'm all for being sensitive to the variety within people as much as possible and try not to make any assumptions about individual relational or family arrangements (doing otherwise would be insensitive). I'm usually sensitive to using terms like mom and dad more frequently because people other come from single parent homes and than because of same-sex couples. However, the use of the term "Zero Tolerance" really bothers me in this article. Censorship is wrong in all it's forms even if the motivations are generally positive. There are better ways to effect positive social change, plus kids are quite good at seeing through stuff like this (or at least I was). To paraphrase a Dutch judge, you can't solve rhetoric problems by making terms taboo. Such an approach only serves to give fuel to your critics.

Nesagwa

Beard of Zeus,
20 Year Member
norton9478 said:
The new law really isn't that extreme...

It just says that it's not OK to push current gender specific norms on kids anymore. You gotta let the boys play house and the girls play with blocks.

And when the kids play house, they will be punished to the fullest extent of the law for using such social constructs as husbands, wives, mothers and fathers.

What the fuck is wrong with you norton.

RocketLawnChair

Dyslexic Mods FWT!, , got me 2 scalps, ,
15 Year Member
I'm so glad that we have worthless politicians to pass shit like this. Thanks to them, our society's worse than 1984 ever thought of being. No one should have the power to ban words, even if they're somehow offensive. Fuck censorship, and those who support it.

Moose

Moose,
20 Year Member
Ed BALLLLLLLLLLLLSSSSS!!!

Im moving to NORTHERN Canada. I thought Maine was safe, but now were giving birth control to 11 year olds.

Fuck this world. Seriously.

RAINBOW PONY

DASH DARK ANDY K,
20 Year Member
Because he oozes coolness.

John_Edwards,_official_Senate_photo_portrait.jpg

That's damn near lifesize, guys! Feel free to kiss the monitor. John Kerry did, hasn't been able to have sex with his wife ever since.

kerryedwards7.jpg

Last edited: