Movies that Need a DVD/Blu-Ray Release.

Domino-chan

, Certified Gamer Chick,
20 Year Member
Pandemonium (1982) - A funny take on all those cheerleader slasher films.

Scavenger Hunt (1979) - One GIANT all-star cast and the death of a toilet.

A Man Called Sarge (1990) - Very silly WWII comedy with Marc Singer as a German commander.

The Compleat Al (1985) - Weird Al mockumentary.

It Came from Hollywood (1982) - This does have a DVD release, but it's been discontinued (the prices range between $20-$150). It needs a re-release or something. I credit this film for turning me onto 50s B movies.

That's what I'd like to see. What about you guys?

SetaSouji??

There Can be Only One
Star Wars.

But we'll never get it.

You know why?

GODDAMN GEORGE FUCKING FATASS LUCAS LOST THE FUCKING GODDAMN MASTERS :mad:

J. Max

judas,
MST3K The Movie

There was a DVD release, but it's absurdly hard to find because of rights issues for the movie they make fun of, "This Island Earth".

xiao_haozi

Avid Neo-Expert
All of the Miyazaki films... but I'm particularly anxious for Princess Mononoke (the JP version not the US import of course).

Akira Blu-Ray release got me itching for more classic anime releases.

Lord of the Rings extended versions.

I'll +1 waiting for Star wars IV-VI set.

Goonies!!!

Last edited:

SouthtownKid

There are four lights
20 Year Member
Delusion (1991)

114456.jpg

Probably my favorite movie not yet released on DVD. I've been really fucking patient.

I also like Josh and S.A.M., which, while a kids movie, was very good. Also starred Martha Plimpton from the Goonies. Had an excellent score by Thomas Newman, who had done Fried Green Tomatoes -- another favorite score of mine -- and went on to do Shawshank Redemption and American Beauty. Great composer.

josh_and_sam.jpg

josh_and_sam_1993_685x385.jpg

Phyeir

My only regret is that I have... Boneitis!
Back to the Future, the best Sci Fi trilogy ever, should be on Blu Ray.

fenikso

Slug Flyer Pilot
15 Year Member
The movie Tampopo needs to see a re-release/ upgrade to BD. Great little Japanese movie, that now costs an arm and a leg.

Circuitry Man - One of my favorite Sci Fi movies. Needs a re-release.

Another +1 for Delusion and It Came From Hollywood.

I see on Amazon that they have Sundown: Vampire in Retreat out on DVD, I need to pick that up.

Edit: Just checked Amazon and they've got a new release of Tampopo on there. Freaking sweet.

Last edited:

J. Max

judas,
Kenneth Branagh's Hamlet should be a no brainer on Blu-Ray too. It's a 4 hour movie filmed in 70 mm film. I'd love this one on BD, but it took almost 10 years to get it on DVD, so I'm not holding my breath.

Phyeir

There is an amazon entry for this so I assume it's been announced at some point.

I saw that and the weird thing is, it's full of reviews from 2002/2003 like they just copies a REALLY old box set entry. One can only hope though.

xiao_haozi

Avid Neo-Expert
I saw that and the weird thing is, it's full of reviews from 2002/2003 like they just copies a REALLY old box set entry. One can only hope though.

I didn't really browse down to see the reviews but often times they are just ones from the regular DVD releases since from those pages you can toggle the media type. Kinda misleading I guess. What bugs me is when people write up reviews before something releases claiming how 'hawt this is going to be'....

Phyeir

What bugs me is when people write up reviews before something releases claiming how 'hawt this is going to be'....

Fo shizzle, it's gonna be the bomb.

Kids still talk like that right?

Xian Xi

JammaNationX,
15 Year Member
Star Wars.

But we'll never get it.

You know why?

GODDAMN GEORGE FUCKING FATASS LUCAS LOST THE FUCKING GODDAMN MASTERS :mad:

I think Lucas is waiting for technology to catch up so he can release it in 2400p as it was filmed.

aria

Former Moderator
Kenneth Branagh's Hamlet should be a no brainer on Blu-Ray too. It's a 4 hour movie filmed in 70 mm film. I'd love this one on BD, but it took almost 10 years to get it on DVD, so I'm not holding my breath.

Nice call

qube

Canadian Moderator
20 Year Member
No Down Payment

Incredible social commentary on 1950's suburban America starring Joanne Woodward and Tony Randall. It was released in 1957 and has a rape scene in it, pretty shocking for the time.

It's easily my most wanted DVD/BD release. I had it on my DVR for around a year, but I don't have that DVR anymore :(

SML

NEANDERTHAL FUCKER,
20 Year Member
Rural Texas boy that I am, it was compulsory that I watch The Andy Griffith show growing up. The first movie that came to mind when I saw this thread is getting a new release on May 4. No Time for Sergeants.