most recent Samurai Spirits came out in 2019 already.

GutsDozer

Robot Master., Master Tasuke, Eat Your, Heart Out
10 Year Member
Secret Santa Veteran
I scooped it. At 20$ with all the characters I'm in.

yagamikun

Art of Typing Wiz
20 Year Member
Played quite a bit during the Rollback beta on Steam last week. Much better online play overall, but it was a glitch-fest. Thankfully they're doing another beta on Steam with a bunch of bugs ironed out prior to releasing the rollback patch on other devices this spring. It's being developed by Code Mystics, so I have some faith the final result will turn out well.

Although, I think only KOFXV is getting cross play - not SS sadly.

HornheaDD

Viewpoint Vigilante
Fagit of the Year
I dont do a lot of online gaming, so Im not real sure what "rollback netcode" is 'bosed to be.

I thought i heard the term in reference to stuff like Fightcade or Kaillera (if thats still even a thing) but Im not sure what it is.

yagamikun

Art of Typing Wiz
20 Year Member
I dont do a lot of online gaming, so Im not real sure what "rollback netcode" is 'bosed to be.

I thought i heard the term in reference to stuff like Fightcade or Kaillera (if thats still even a thing) but Im not sure what it is.
At its most basic - makes online play smoother by predicting what the next frame will be with relative accuracy. (read more here) Greatly reduces the studder and lag inherent to delay based netcode, which is what SS used to run.

Say, on Fightcade for example, I play a buddy in London quite frequently and the online is quite stable even though the distance is significant. Not so for games with delay based netcode.

It really should be the defacto standard for all fighting games as it makes a significant difference in online play quality.

RBjakeSpecial

Land of the Rising Bling:,
20 Year Member
It's definitely the franchise best game since ss4.
Anyone who hasn't got it because it's not in 2d is missing out.
I just bought it on that $20.00 sale and it's suprisingly good. Feels like the old games so far. I need to learn mechanics.. I brought it to a fighting game meet up and got my ass kicked.

k'_127

NeoGumby's Sycophant,
20 Year Member
I just bought it on that $20.00 sale and it's suprisingly good. Feels like the old games so far. I need to learn mechanics.. I brought it to a fighting game meet up and got my ass kicked.

I made a video that goes through mechanics that are not covered in the game's tutorial. The examples in the video may not be applicable in the current build, but the core mechanics have not changed. It also doesn't cover the guard break mechanic:

PS: it's meant to be watched after going through the in-game tutorial

RBjakeSpecial

Land of the Rising Bling:,
20 Year Member
I made a video that goes through mechanics that are not covered in the game's tutorial. The examples in the video may not be applicable in the current build, but the core mechanics have not changed. It also doesn't cover the guard break mechanic:

PS: it's meant to be watched after going through the in-game tutorial

This is great! I like the bare bones presentation. Easy to follow. I'm going to try and get some online games in. Rollback is gonna be siiiiiiiiick.

Edit: I went and played some Zero Special on FightCade and OMG the movement and fluidity of the old game feels so much better. I'm still going to play 2019 SamSho, but .... Zero Special is a lot better IMO. Hopefully they are making a sequel.

Last edited: